It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quiet Skunk Works UAV Disclosed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
An interesting article on a newly disclosed project from Skunk Works. It may have been a SOCOM effort. I am not sure whether this is a verified article. Does anyone have more on this project they would like to share?

www.strategypage.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TAGBOARD
An interesting article on a newly disclosed project from Skunk Works. It may have been a SOCOM effort. I am not sure whether this is a verified article. Does anyone have more on this project they would like to share?

www.strategypage.com...

As you've probably already figured out, there's not a whole lot of info available on the Stalker.

The "Stalker" UAV system made it's first public appearance last month (August 2007) at the "Unmanned Systems North America exhibition". I generally try to make it to such events but not this year.

I think the silent motor is called the hush drive, and the plug and play sensor modules are about the size of a guy's fist.

More:
Skunkworks unveils fast-track unmanned air vehicle job for special forces: Flight Global

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Interesting info...thanks. I can see that the electric powerplants could have a few advantages, depending on CONOPS. Are there any images of this available online?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Interesting that the article acredited the B-2 as a large project of Lockheed Skunkworks...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Interesting that the article acredited the B-2 as a large project of Lockheed Skunkworks...

Shattered OUT...

LOL, There's a rather astute observation!
"Applause" for you!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Good catch. What a "brilliant" article. Now I am curious as to the credibility of some of their facts. Was it really developed/funded by Lockheed, etc.?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well I couldn't let a big error like that get away. If this source can be any bit of credible it needs to have its facts straight. Wouldn't anyone else agree?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sometimes, I can't see the forest for the trees.

www.defense-update.com...

designation-systems.net...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Palmdale released a video of the Stalker system on YouTube a few days ago.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join