It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my friend insane? Or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So I was at a party a week ago and met up with a few guys I went to high school with who I haven't seen in a while. I got to talking to one friend who was always a little odd and akward, but in a nerdy sort of way (as in not bizzare or anything).

Anyways, I'm not sure how it came up but we got to talking about meditation. I was happy to hear he had been meditating, like me, and we had a cool discussion about meditating, OoBEs and astral projection.

Then it got a little strange.

He mentioned that he learnt this art of mediating from his roomate in college, who he claimed is actually the 2nd coming of Jesus. He was completely serious about this too...He spoke about how the roomate taught him everything about spirits and ghosts, and how through mediation he had been posessed.

He started talking about his spirit guide and goes "I don't think she's here right now though". Suddenly, he twitches and says, in a strange, girly voice "Of course I'm here you silly boy"...Twitches again and says "Oh, well I guess she is! I know it's her because she always calls me silly boy". He then says everyone has a spirit guide, especially his roomate who has 2 million since he's the second coming. He twitches AGAIN, and says "actually, that's 30 million" and then goes back and explains it's actually 30 million...

Then he says that once, his roomate extracted a violent spirit from him, who manifested itself in the room and said it was going to kill them...The roomate later explained the spirit was living inside my friend and if he hadn't been extracted, he would have one day killed someone.

I'm a little concerned about my friend. Could he be schizo? Could he be perfectly sane and all this stuff be true? I'm not sure what I prefer in this case!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sounds like he could be having some issues. You should investigate where he got his wild delusions from.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Sytima]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Not saying that your friend is completely insane, but maybe very gullible which would explain both why he believes he met the 2nd coming of "Jesus". Meditation is a very powerful tool and if you learn techniques you aren't ready for.....well things can happen. If you leave yourself too open to people in any realm of existence, then that can spell trouble.

I used to meditate and had an occasional astral projection/OBE, i don't as much now because this a time period in my life that doesn't call for it, I'm learning about other things. I am not a religious person, but I am very spiritual and loving as i can be, let's just leave it at that for now.

Yes, there is a possibility that your friend has split personalities and there could even be another entity within him. We DO have spirit guides and we CAN communicate with them, but I have never heard of them talking through us, that just doesn't sound like something a guide would do.

The reason i think your friend may be a little off is that he says he met the 2nd coming of Jesus/Yeshua/Yehoshua whatever you wish to say. Many of us wish we could be something like this, and we are all capable of doing things as great as the things mentioned in bibles and other holy books, but to me it seems like your friend's roomate discovered a few things and got too carried away with his confidence.

If your friend isn't a very strong willed person then the meditation techniques he tried may have opened him up to intrusion.

So in my opinion (which may not mean much to you) your friend is either crazy or "possessed" so to speak, as in someone may be residing alongside his spirit.

If you do not go through the proper exercises to protect yourself before meditating, astral projecting, or even using your clairvoyance, things can happen. You can listen to what i said or discard it, you will know when you read it, you may even think I'm a bit crazy lol but i have given you my opinion

Peace and love,

Pancho

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I can talk to my spirit guides, but I would definitely say this guy could use a little help. Either he is in need of some psychological help, or he is channeling the wrong spirits entirely. Not every spirit that claims to be your spirit guide is.

When I talk to my guides, I hear what they say in my mind, and that's generally how I communicate with them... through my mind. They NEVER take over my body or cause me to talk in a strange voice. That's possession, and I'd be seriously worried about that. Guides will not invade your body, especially not without your permission.

Often I will write down what my guides say, or type it out, but that's not them taking over - it's just me typing what I'm getting from them in my mind. That is how it should work.

I'd say in dealing with any spirit, the best thing you can do to protect yourself is to 1) not believe everything you're told and 2) use your intuition to decipher whether or not the being can be trusted.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
OMG

As I was reading this and I started to read that he twitched and spoke in a different voice then BAM twitched again, I was like WTF?
I seriously don't know how you held up with that.

I personally think something is wrong with the guy. First nobody unless he is a complete kidder would seriously act like that. It's not right.
However, perhaps something weird did happen with this roommate of his. This roommate may have put some bad juju on this guy and your friend is under that influence.

It doesn't sound like you are close to him otherwise I would say monitor his behavior outside of that particular conversation to see how he acts.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I had a friend i met up with a few years after school, and he had a friend that thought he was jesus. He had the beard everything, probably smoking too much.

When people in the west have spiritual experiences they can only relate to jesus, this may be one answer. Lots of religions probably think jesus was just a man with abilities but us christians know him as the son of god.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
...I wouldn't be reserving a padded room for your mate just yet...he may just be a tad lost as opposed to looney...

...delving into the spirit world can get you a bit destablised if you're not guided properly, if you're not taught correctly and don't have a good handle on what things are and how they can affect you. For some people who experiment and have a bit of a peek into that world they sometimes forget to close the door up properly...or don't do so safely...and so there is fallout that will affect them...

...your friend could simply be in that type of position...where he isn't wholly in control or doesn't adequately comprehend what he may have experienced or what he may be 'experimenting' with...a little knowledge is a dangerous thing so they say - the thing is to be careful that one doesn't go places they shouldn't, or that they aren't ready for or know how to extract themselves from...

...is your friend nuts?? I/we can't diagnose the man over the net...if I could I'd be charging $100 an hour and accepting PayPal
What I do believe however is that what your friend may be experiencing has the real possibility of DRIVING him nuts if he doesn't get a handle on it and gain a good level of understanding - and thus control - of what it is...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

I so agree. I had a NDE a few years ago and it opened me up spiritually and I could never explain in a million years all the things that came at me, so your friend may not be crazy, but perhaps he doesn't have as strong as a foundation as he needs at this time.

new topics

top topics

join