It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next 9/11 -- Comments and Questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
With all of the talk lately of possible terrorist activity in the United States and with the mobilization of troops within the states that some find suspicious I have really begun to ponder what the next 9/11 will be.

Naturally, I had to get my fellow ATS comrades' opinions on this. So, to get straight to the point, what do you guys believe will be the next 9/11?

"Dirty" bomb?
Suitcase nuke?
More plane shenanigans?

Now, having posed my question...I have a bit of commentary.

SkepticOverlord made a good point in a previous thread of mine when he said the 9/11 movement was dead/dying/falling apart. Naturally, that's paraphrasing his actual comment, but I believe it was the point he was making.

I too have felt this way for quite some time.

The 9/11 truth movement has degenerated to a bunch of half witted "experts" and "researchers" who seem to be out to get their face on your television instead of actually caring about the "truth" ever coming to the national spotlight. You can go to google vids or youtube right now and find several instances of "leading" 9/11 truthers doing nothing but bickering with each other about who has the "right" theory about what happened that day.

The idea that the government of the United States pulled off the biggest white wash/atrocity in (possibly) our country's history seems to have taken a backseat to whether or not the planes had a pod attached to them or if they were in fact "holoplanes" or if it was a missle or global hawk that hit the pentagon or whatever other theory is being fought about at the moment.

A good many 9/11 "truthers" seem to have forgotten that the simple fact that the government DID pull off 9/11 and the "WHY" of 9/11 are much more important than the "how".

There ARE many aspects of 9/11 that can be used to PROVE that 9/11 didn't happen as we were told (IE: The PHYSICS of 9/11) it happened, yet, a good many of these people seem to be more concerned about getting their particular theory into the spotlight for a bit of recognition and to feed their ego than they are about whether or not anyone in the government actually ever sees the day that they are punished for their role in murdering thousands of Americans.

I made the argument here a couple of weeks back that we need to focus on the PROVABLE theories before we worry about the invisible planes and the pods attached to planes mess. I'm sorry "pod people" and "no planers", but the general American public is going to quit listening to you right about the time they hear "the planes weren't even real". However, if you go from an aspect that is irrefutable, such as the physics aspect, you may actually get a few more ears perking up for you when you speak. Once it has been proven beyond doubt that 9/11 was an inside job with John Q. Public, then worry about showing them how CNN cgi'ed in those planes or how the south tower had a missle fired into it from a pod attached to the bottom of the plane.

I honestly believe that SkepticOverlord was correct in what he said. The 9/11 movement is dying with a quickness and the ones in the middle of the movement are the ones killing it. In one of the first topics I posted to here at ATS, a member made a very good point that relates perfectly to what I'm saying. He said, "Why should anyone believe any of your 9/11 conspiracy theories? You guys can't even stop fighting with/agree with each other about them." This statement is very very true and the poster made a very good point. The 9/11 truth movement has become a JOKE and it's the Egos and outlandishness of certain members of the movement that have made it that way.

The history channel and Popular Mechanics could have never damaged the 9/11 truth movement as much as certain "leaders" of the movement have. You can jump to various 9/11 truth forums on the web and you are more likely to see members fighting with each other or bashing another 9/11 "truther" than you are to see any actual discussion of 9/11.

The 9/11 truth movement has severed into "groups" that worry more about getting tv time and proving their particular theory than actually worrying about the "TRUTH". It seems that it has become far more important to them how they sounded on a particular radio interview or if Phil Jayhan won the argument with The Web Fairy or whatever than to see to it that those who are responsible for 9/11 face JUSTICE and to see that the American public knows the truth.

Upon going to many truth boards these days, you are more likely to see the words "shill" and "double agent" than you are to see any actual discussion of 9/11. If the movement isn't dead yet, it surely will be sooner than later unless the 9/11 "truthers" can find some common ground and stop worrying about who's video has the most views on google video.

/rant

Having said that...I have a few more questions. I think I'll go with the list format (haha)

1. Do you think those behind 9/11 will EVER get what they deserve?
2. Do you think the "movement" is dead, wounded or on track and moving ahead?
3. What is the single most disgusting aspect of 9/11 for you? What hits you the hardest?
and last but not least....
4. How did I sound in my rant up there? (
This one is a joke...naturally)

Jasn

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I want to tell you this.

I don't give a rats [SNIP] if the 9/11 movement is here, there, dead, or gone. Why, to some people truth is more than getting some spot light on some TV show or whatever. It is to show how Americans are suppost to be, how we are suppost to question government and so on.

If these movements are having a Jerry Springer episode fine.. Don't lump everyone into that same category.... Its not right.. There are a few people who actually care that 3000+ and 3000+ others died on 9/11 and after. There are ones who want to know what happened that day and why it happened, we want to know what will be done about it when the country wakes up. We want these people to have the justice they deserve.

With that said I don't care about the 9/11 truth movement I haven't for some time, but in the end you will see small simple sites like mine that shows nothing but unbiased things about 9/11.

I like your post btw, nice topic.

[edit on 9/4/2007 by ThichHeaded]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree that everyone shouldn't be lumped into the same category. However, when some of the more prominent members of the truth community are the ones that actually do manage some TV time, it puts a horrible light on the truth community.

The few, in this case, seem to have greatly affected the many.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I made the argument here a couple of weeks back that we need to focus on the PROVABLE theories before we worry about the invisible planes and the pods attached to planes mess.

Nope. what we need to do is disprove the official story in a court of law and then hold a treason trial. period.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it is destroyed from within." -W. Durant

I think the movement was set-up to fail. Of course, the member did it mostly to themselves, but i believe their buttons were pushed to make them react as could easily be predicted.

At this point i view the end as inevitable, and resistance as futile. We live in an increasingly less democratic society, where those that exercise free speech or express individual ideas are demonized and belittled. Freedom isnt free, and most people aren't willing to pay the price that is required to protect their rights. Of course they fully believe that they are free and that they do fight for it by allowing bush to do whatever he wants, even though its clearly not true.

If the terrorists were going after our freedoms on 9/11, they won! If you let the government terrorize you with constant fear-mongering, THE TERRORISTS WIN!

After a technical analysis of the leading indicators, my predictions show a 100% chance of major economic upset in the next 12 months. Anybody that tells you different is either lying or gullible enough to believe the people that are lying.

As far as the next 9/11, i think there's a good chance it will be this month. Probably something really big, like a nuke or some mutated anthrax in the food supply. At this point, it really won't take much to scare the sheople into acquiescence.

9/11 Conspiracies we can prove;

Lied about foreknowledge

Lied about SOP for air defense

9/11 war games

US Gov't Antrhax, 'nuff said!!

Bush admin on cirpo weeks before anthrax letters sent. How did they know? Why didnt they warn the rest of us?!?!!!

[edit on 9/4/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

I don't know about you, but I've been having some "major economic upset" for the last several years. As little as 3 years ago, I could buy a weeks worth of groceries for roughly 70 dollars. Now, I buy less (because I eat less) and a weeks worth of groceries cost me roughly 200 dollars. 3 years ago, I rented a very nice apartment in town and my rent was $595 a month. Now, the exact same apartment is $925 a month. 3 years ago the average wage in my town was $7.18 an hour. Now, it is $6.88. I don't know, but that seems like some pretty major economic upset to me. But hey, we can always listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, they'll continue to tell us that the economy is doing GREAT. Of course, I'm sure it's pretty decent if you are rich.

As far as the next 9/11, I don't think the government is quite ready to play their nuke card yet. I believe the next 9/11 will either be some type of bus/subway incident or another Oklahoma City style bombing.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The thing is, according to the gross aggregate income figures, incomes have actually gone up!

What they don't tell you, however, is that all of these gains are in the upper 1%. So, maybe you've got a few ceo's that make an extra million last year, that averages out to an increase of $3000 per capita!! On the other end, the average idiot probably decreased by $3000 in income, but thats not enough to skew the average of the entire labor pool. The richest 1% throw those figures way off.

So, according to bush's interpretation, you made an extra 3 grand last year!!

Yeah, go figure...

We really need to remove anybody making over 250K per year from those figure to see how the average americans average income is really doing.

top topics

join