It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noise!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hi!

The real reason for this threat is that I noticed that a shelter that i have next to my house emits some sort of weird sound at night, sometimes louder than others. I don't know if it is because the shelter is build in some sort of metal roof cover maybe it is just some normal resonance of a sort of climate effect or static energy build up in the metal.

I'm saying we can only hear it at night because during the day there are a lot of background noises that we do not care and can't even notice...

I've recorded that noise and amplified in my computer by 10dB and it sounds like an engine running at idle but i don't know how to put it in here, do you guys know some sort of imageshack for audio files?

This audio file is in here for some time, but i've found ATS a couple of weeks ago and in this very same night i was outside my house and the sound was very strong that i remembered to put it in here.(The sound was so strong that i was 10meters away and i could hear it, not from the shelter itself but a soft noise in the air, because it didn't get louder near the shelter)

I don't have a clue of what it is but it might be the eco on the metal of something above in the sky.

If you guys are curious about the place were i live, I can give you a random location of the island on google earth. 32ºN 45'27.78'' 17ºW 05'49.22'' (Not the exact location of my place obviously, but i live in that island). The location i just gave you is a crossroad by the way.

Hope to hear your opinion about this!!!

Bye

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Treadstone

Hi!
Found this.
www.supload.com...
Hope it works for you.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thanks internos, but the free-audio-hosting is not working!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Treadstone

Ok, let's look for something else.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok, i went to a site, but the link might be against the rules. If so I'm sorry and may the administrators please remove it.

rapidshare.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My first impression is that it sounds like an engine which is vibrating in partial or full contact with some metallic parts (i.e. autoclave, refrigerator engine).
I got one and it sounds similar (not so much but it sound similar).
Is there any other quiet moment during the daytime (i.e lunchtime) that you can try to hear it again?
Is there any way to ask to someone what's the origin of this noise (i.e. owner of the shelter?)

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
My first impression is that it sounds like an engine which is vibrating in partial or full contact with some metallic parts (i.e. autoclave, refrigerator engine).
I got one and it sounds similar (not so much but it sound similar).
Is there any other quiet moment during the daytime (i.e lunchtime) that you can try to hear it again?
Is there any way to ask to someone what's the origin of this noise (i.e. owner of the shelter?)

We are the owners of the shelter, in fact, i helped building it!!!
The only things in it are a couple of bikes, 5 rims and tyres and some old stuff. I know it sounds like and engine in contact with it, but there is no such thing in contact with the shelter. Its in the midle of the back garden.

If there was something in contact with the metal and then the vibration would be the cause, and if you touch the metal it would stop right? But it doesn't, just keeps on going.

I think that whatever is this noise the metal amplyfies it, making it seems that comes from the shelater, because I can hear it without being near it. My ears are fine and I live in a very calm place with a lot of trees in a 1Km radius all around. There is only family houses in the area, so no industrial stuff.

I really can't explain what that noise is and apparently neither any of you can!

By the way, why was this threat was moved?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
It's a meth lab no doubt!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Do you think it could be an insect nest such as bees or ground bees under the shed.I have heard these things at night before and it can be quit loud at times.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I doubt about the bees, because I don't see them around.
The shelter is built in a concrete base with four wood pieces in the corners and metal roof and in all sides also.

It's not a meth lab

...but are you interessed?

(just kidding)

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
my guess is a pump or compressor of sorts. are you wondering if it's something nefarious or are you just curious?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
To tell you the truth i do believe in ufos and strange events, as a matter of a fact I think most of my neightbours also believe in it, they just don't talk much about it.
There are a few storys of people that saw something weird on the sky in the area, I've also experienced some stuff i can't explain...maybe because of that i just don't make a big fuzz about them.

The noise i'm telling you about appears from time to time in a persistent maner, but i know it from a very long time and I don't think it's anything normal, but then, I could be wrong! If you live with a constant background noise you just get used to it, but the only way to stop hearing it is to go inside, because when there is no wind you can't cover your ears and stop listening to it, it's always there and sometimes just disapear or we stop noticing it without any particular reason.

But there was nothing that could explain me about the source of the noise, the shelter doesn't have any wiring, It doesn't have any kind of noisy bugs, maybe a couple of spiders and that's it, and i've got 3 dogs, and one of them likes to sleep in that shelter when it's rainning...besides that there is nothing more to tell about it.

PS: As I said before, I believe the shelter increases the sound but it's not the real source, if it wasn't there we would still hear it but not so loud.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I havent had a change to listen to the file but some questions popped in my head and stuff you might try out.

Measure the current from the building to the ground ..
Does it change from day to night ?
Is there any electrisity running to the structure ?
If so disable it and retest the current and for noise.
Is there any power lines high voltage lines near ?
Cell phone towers or any other type of transmition stations ?
Burry a microphone in the ground in diferent spots to get a base
reading and then near the struckture and see if it changes.
Test the temp. around the site .
Do the jurasic park test and see if the ground is vibrating ..
Food colouring helps ..

Just thaught about this .. is there any pumping stations like for
sewage . or maybe a underground base of some sort.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by chibihogoshino]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

and one of them likes to sleep in that shelter when it's rainning

so this shelter is accessible? i assumed this was some random utility building that was kept locked. if you're able to wander inside it and still can't figure it out then i don't know what to tell you. as the above poster mentioned - i would see if there is any power going to the building. is it a halogen lamp buzzing? is it something in the wiring?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Could be any building materials bang against each other through wind. Or alien craft spying .... who knows.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sounds kind of like a blender running at full speed. I once had a battery powered bank turn itself on because the batteries inside it were very old and were leaking acid all on the inside, maybe there's something in the shed that's malfunctioning at night because of the different atmosphere? Have you actually gone out to the shed to look for the noise when it's happening?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You live on an island? Maybe there's a deep underground stream and your shelter is behaving like a soundboard, amplifying the noise? Are you near the beach? See if the noise happens when there's a high tide, or a low one.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
describe the sound better. im a musician and could help.

Things that emit sounds:

electricals, tectonic movements, distant airplanes and Low Freq Noise.
cloaked alien craft. low level jet stream? perhaps long distance sound refraction in the atmosphere. I hear odd sounds alot. They usually frustrate me because they are distant aircraft or subwoofers.

new topics

top topics

join