It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question for ladies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Now this has been something that has always been on my mind ever since the teenage days.

Why do young girls like to lie so much? You think girls are nice and gentle but they really are liars and deceivers. Why if they are not interested in a guy, they will pretend to be? Is this just for fun? Playing with a poor guy's head.

You know sometimes I think that girls become less mature when they are teenagers, and guys become more mature than girls when they are at that age.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Come on, any woman know the answer to this? Or am I just completely out of my mind?

[edit on 4-9-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Because that is basically when a girls self-esteem is lowest.Yes, it seems a cruel way to get attention, but she is basically doing everything she can to gain a little power and feel better. It actually isn't about the victim, the attention she gets makes her feel wanted when the attention is reciprocated. It is about her. while it seems mean, think of it as a public service and a little confidence boost.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
indeed well sayd...u wont believe when on a first date i saw this girl liyng to her parents like 100 times...then in the end dumped me for some chump that she "loved"only to dump him too after a while
and yet she came up with the idea of start dating,she fonfessed first...
and i though she is not like the others but a good girl....yea right
i lie when i need to but as u can see A GIRLS LIFE IS JUST A LIE
hurts dosnt it^^

[edit on 5/9/07 by Unisol]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just be glad when those types of girls show their true colors before you get too involved with them.

There are some genuine people out there just waiting to be found.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Because that is basically when a girls self-esteem is lowest.Yes, it seems a cruel way to get attention, but she is basically doing everything she can to gain a little power and feel better. It actually isn't about the victim, the attention she gets makes her feel wanted when the attention is reciprocated. It is about her. while it seems mean, think of it as a public service and a little confidence boost.

So you are basically saying that when a girl does that she is actually wanting attention more from you? Wow I wish I would of known that when I was a teenager.

So for example, a girl tells a guy to give her a call, but she's lying and she does not want to hang out. But according to what you just said, she actually wants the guy to call her.

I think if the guy calls her, he will either be laughed at, or lied to again and then that will make him not want to give her any more attention.

[

[edit on 5-9-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In my experience, it's not just the girls that lie. boys do too. they grow up to be women and men who lie.

Lying isn't based on sex, age or anything else other than conscience and scruple.

there are honest girls, buy perhaps you aren't looking in the right place, or you don't find the honest ones attractive for some reason. I was an honest kid, still am an honest woman, and I get screwed for it all the time. Sometimes I wish I could have learned to lie, but I didn't.

Don't blame the sex, or the age, or the group, blame the individual.

Go look elsewhere for a girl, there are honest ones around.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
^ Agreed.

There are liars in both genders. It's not just restricted to girls. However, girls tend to be more self-conscious, which leads to lower self-esteem which would lead them to wanting to lie to get attention. They're much more susceptible to peer pressure, thus causing them to have to make up things like where they get their clothes or how much their new purse costs or their longest relationship.

Psychologically, people also lie so they can have a leg up on the other person (they're lying to) and know something the other doesn't know. It can give you a bit of satisfaction until you've woven a web of lies so big you're back to square one.

I'm an honest person though. I've had experience with lying. It hurts being the liar and being lied to, so I've become as honest a person as I possibly can be. Sometimes too honest. I have trouble even telling white lies. It's just something that's been encoded in my brain.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think their attention wanting from men could stem from not having a father figure. It's low self esteem too, as mentioned above. They girls take it too far, lying about the age gets the guy in big trouble, as I've sene often with friends. Males also lie to impress females and due to low self worth. I had that as of late from a guy wanting to date me. Found that we didn't have as much in common as he lied about some things.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Not all females lie. Not all males lie. If you are around a female who willingly and easily lies I'd say drop her in a heartbeat. Eventually you will be the recipient of said lies. There is no magic pill for a lack of integrity.
Jules

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You ask any teenager girl about boys and they will always say that boys are the ones that are liars.

This is how all the "battle of the sexes" attitude starts. A boy will have so many girls lie to him that he will think all girls are liars and be totally oblivious to the fact that many boys lie too.

Then girls will be treated poorly by so many boys that they will think that all boys are like that, totally oblivious to the fact that there are many girls out there that treat people bad as well.

When it comes down to it, we all have lied at some point. We have probably all lied to get someone to like us or to get ourselves out of trouble and if anyone says that they never have...then in my opinion that person is a liar.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
[edit on 1-10-2007 by wildcat]

top topics

join