It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattel to Announce 3rd China Toy Recall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Mattel to Announce 3rd China Toy Recall

biz.yahoo.com

Mattel Inc., whose reputation has been battered by two high-profile toy recalls this summer, will announce on Wednesday the recall of a third batch of Chinese-made toys because they may contain excessive amounts of lead paint, The Associated Press has learned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
More recallls, this is begining to make China look like they cant do anything right, they have been getting upset over the past recalls, this one, just might send them ovr the edge.

biz.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think mattel needs to reopen its factories in America, its obvious China just doesnt care about safety standards at the same level we want them to be at. So just make it here people, Give me a better job too

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
We need to stop dealing with China, They have violated every agreement they made with us since they got in the WTO. They are trashing the world to make a buck and worse they are funding all the butchers in Dar fur and allot of the other evil country's with weapons for their oil or mineral rights. Thats why the U.N. cant do anything about it because Chinas security counsel veto.
Everyone in the U.S and the rest of the world needs to stop buying anything made in China because its all pirated stuff that is junk.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There was a time when industries throughout the free world from nuclear power, to military and NASA were finding high tensile strength bolting failing. Silent alarms were sounded, was anyone safe? A country devoid of morals had falsely stamped bolting of all manner at great risk to not just engineering endeavor but at the expense of countless lives. That country was China.

Now we are told surgical net mesh, critical in many operations is also forged and being sent throughout the US and to all points of the globe. What shall we say to a nation that does not care how many times others may have the same operations, how many of our lives, even those of children are lost all for the crime of allowing open trade with them?

My only solace is in the knowledge that Russia will someday use two of her five hundred megaton warheads with huge bio-fungal payloads to irradiate these damn human cockroaches that collectively are called China.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comforter
There was a time when industries throughout the free world from nuclear power, to military and NASA were finding high tensile strength bolting failing. Silent alarms were sounded, was anyone safe? A country devoid of morals had falsely stamped bolting of all manner at great risk to not just engineering endeavor but at the expense of countless lives. That country was China.

Now we are told surgical net mesh, critical in many operations is also forged and being sent throughout the US and to all points of the globe. What shall we say to a nation that does not care how many times others may have the same operations, how many of our lives, even those of children are lost all for the crime of allowing open trade with them?

My only solace is in the knowledge that Russia will someday use two of her five hundred megaton warheads with huge bio-fungal payloads to irradiate these damn human cockroaches that collectively are called China.

Now I am as unhappy about the recalls as anyone, but I wouldn't go as far as to label an entire nation, cockroaches.

fact is, that it is the governments fault for not protecting its industries. Their own people are starting to demand standards and they are getting hurt more then anybody. Especially entire villages developing cancer because the industries lack control and dump contaminants into their water supply. And these small villages can't do a thing about it.
I wouldn't say that all the people of China are sketchy in the business arena. The media isn't going to report the good ones.

Though I won't lie, in the county I work in, we have quite a problem with Chinese businesses who refuse to adhere to our health standards.I think it is that they are more about cost cutting measures then about the health and rights of any people, theirs and ours.

Don't forget, America started off this way too. And to this day, Europe won't import our beef(one of our main goods) because we contaminate it, yet Americans refuse to see any fault with our food.
We had our own sheisty beginnings, when this country started we sent faulty products over and copyrighted whatever we wanted, because we were lawless.
China is just beginning, and as dangerous as these debacles are, if the proper measures are taken place, they can still become a first rate production country, if the government cares enough.

Comforter: you bring up a good point, if we are importing medical supplies, then we need to look out.

Though it is hard, I think Americans need to start by boycotting companies who strictly use overseas labor like Nike, to bring the work here, and have them up to safe standards.

Now what makes me wonder about all this: is this a recent production problem?, or is one problem causing companies to take a quick look at toys/products to find others where there have been 20 years of dangerous imports before?

[edit on 5-9-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Lets see if we can get the pro-illegal alien lobby to re-route US support to Mexican industries instead of those in China! They seem to be the most powerful lobby in DC.
By the way the standards of all industrial components, from castings, piping to electronics has suffered since opening trade to China. Not an opinion I inspect these things for a living. Material quality standards are in the toilet with no improvement in sight. Not until an accident causes a large enough death toll to take action.

top topics

join