It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged with killing cop 40 years later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Man charged with killing cop 40 years later

abclocal.go.com

William Barnes, 71, was charged two weeks after former Officer Walter T. Barclay died from an infection at the age of 64. The city's deputy medical examiner ruled the death a homicide, saying it stemmed from the gunshot wound Barclay suffered in 1966.

"When you set in motion a chain of events, a perpetrator of a crime is responsible for every single thing that follows from that chain of events no matter how distant," District Attorney Lynne Abraham said at a news conference Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Is this consittutional? This is happening in Philadelphia, and a lot of conversation is going on there about this. Please leave your comments

abclocal.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

I don't know if it is constitutional but it is justice. That guy shot a cop and put him in a wheelchair for life. He suffered and died because of that crime.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

Well, you can't be tried for the same crime twice. So I guess it's technically possible if he was previously charged with a crime such as assault with a deadly weapon, if that person dies it stands to reason he could then be charged for murder if they could conclusivly prove their case.

IMO, I don't think he should be charged again. Jail is supposed to be for rehabilitating people, and they missed their chance on this one because the man is probobly not even a criminal anymore.

new topics

top topics

join