It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Ride or Own an ATV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
...Or know anything about them?

My husband and I are looking into buying an ATV for brush clearing, hauling, tilling, gravel-spreading and general property maintenance (and general fun). We have a couple pastures that have, over the years, gotten to be kind of a mess. They used to have horses in them, but now, they're just sitting there growing whatever they feel like. And growing and growing... We also have some property that we'd just like to clean up.

So we're looking at an Arctic Cat with some of the accessories to be like our little tractor.

Either a 500 or a 650
You can get an idea of it here: Link

Does anyone know about this brand or have any experience with ATVs that you'd like to share?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Nobody, huh?
How strange...

Well we got it. It will probably be delivered today or tomorrow. I'm all excited, but I guess I'll dance by myself!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My Dad has an ArcticCat 650 - its bad ass! You should love it.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hey! Thanks for the response! I thought I might be on Global Ignore there for a minute!

We got the 650 and I do love it! I'm on it way more than my husband. It rocks! It probably sounds strange, but it's kind of like riding a horse. Except for the noise, of course. But it's too fun! It's out having the winch installed today and I miss it! LOL

I posted about it here:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've driven a few wayyyyyyyyy back, and let me tell you, they are a freakin ball to ride!

I giggled alot the first time I drove them; very exhilerating!

One time a friend and I wiped out. There was a slight incline, and we felt ourselves tipping over. We weren't going at any tremendous speed, and as soon as we hit the bumpy incline, I was 'bounced' out of the seat. lololol

Everything was fine...none worse for wear. My friend hobbled over to me, laughing his guts up, asking if everything was ok. I couldn't stop laughing.

Our motorized hiking jaunt was something I'll never forget.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I had one way back in the late 70’s when they were three wheelers and dangerous as hell! I had mine about a year before a leaky carb sent it up in flames and a large field of grass with it. It was a lot of fun even so, but I definitely recommend the four wheel versions of today. Enjoy!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I own one. Its a Yamaha Raptor 250. Why do you ask? Its been a while since I bought my first atv and I dont regret buying it. I always bring to an atv shop for maintenance.

top topics

join