It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving 2012 & Planet X - New Video Documentary!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
jprophet420,
excellent points !!!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

jfj123 , Please check your U2U inbox.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
the earth moves at 67,000 mph. if planet X was at plutos present distance it would have to be moving approx. 85000 mph (to get here by the end of 2012).

even if it was moving at the same speed as earth it would have to be 2.9 billion miles out, about the distance of neptune.

so why cant we see it now?

Its not that simple, the velocity of a planet in an elliptical orbit is not linear like in a circular (or nearly circular) orbit. The earth is in a circular orbit, planetx is proposed to be in a highly elliptical orbit and thus the orbit velocity should be highly differential depending on apogee and perigee locations of this orbit.

Assuming a large jupiter sized object for planetx, and a very large apogee (its farthest point in its orbit), a rough WAG (wild ass guess) can be determined...

M = ar2/G = 5.98 × 1024 kg.

The initial velocity (relative to the object being orbited) of a satellite can be calculated as follows:

Vp = sqrt( (2 * G * M * Ra) / (Rp * (Ra + Rp)) )
Va = sqrt( (2 * G * M * Rp) / (Ra * (Rp + Ra)) )

G is Newton's constant of gravity (6.673e-11).
sqrt is the square-root-function.

Vp is the (relative) velocity at the periapsis.
Va is the (relative) velocity at the apoapsis.

M is the mass of the object being orbited (this is assumed to be far greater than the mass of the satellite).
Rp is the minimum radius (periapsis) of the satellite's orbit.
Ra is the maximum radius (apoapsis) of the satellite's orbit.

Note that when Rp and Ra are equal, Vp and Va are also equal (the orbit is a circle).

The above eqn shows that the velocity of planetx at perigee can be as high or higher (depending on the inputs) as 115 km/s.

Compared with earths velocity of around 30km/s, planetx clearly can be traveling towards earth (its perigee, the sun) in a very quick fashion.

Taking that speed, and the time left to 2012 or thereabouts, leaves us with a projected distance from earth, which works out to be around 17 billion km away from earth at the present time.

The distance to pluto is on average 4,536,358,827 km (4.5 billion km) away from earth, so basically planet x could be around 4X the distance of the farthest planet in our system, keeping in mind that of course pluto is no longer a planet anymore

So would our scopes be able to find this planet 17 billion kms away traveling very fast, and arguably without any lighting off effects, without knowing where to look for the planet in the night sky?

So yea its not a simple matter as it seems to me anyway.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have a few questions someone might be able to answer.

1. What is the approximate size of planet X?
2. What is expected to happen with regard to planet x and earth?
3. What is planet x composed of?
4. The Hubble telescope can take a photo of an object 2.5 million light years away, and is 6 billion times fainter than what can be seen with the naked eye. So why can't it see planet x which is substantially closer but not too close?

Hopefully someone can help with these questions.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
I have a few questions someone might be able to answer.

1. What is the approximate size of planet X?
2. What is expected to happen with regard to planet x and earth?
3. What is planet x composed of?
4. The Hubble telescope can take a photo of an object 2.5 million light years away, and is 6 billion times fainter than what can be seen with the naked eye. So why can't it see planet x which is substantially closer but not too close?

Good questions!

I dont think we know the answers to all of them, but I can speculate some of them..

Some say that it is HUGE-larger than jupiter-a mega siged planet, some say its a collapsed or burned out star, so then it would be small relatively, perhaps the size of earth or maybe larger, size of neptune...If it is a collapsed or burned out star, or a brown dwarf star, we wouldnt be able to spot the star readily as it does not shine except in the infra red.

Other objects that have been known to have highly elliptical orbits and fast speeds exist, Halleys comet has a speed of 50km/s is highly elliptical (visits us every 76 years).

Comet Hale-Bopp has an orbital period of 4026 yrs!

So the guess is that the planetx has an orbital period of 3600 yrs or so (1800yrs from apogee to perigee)...that means in our planets history, planetx has visited our solar system well over 1,000,000 times in the past, if the orbit and the planet or star existed 4 billion years ago....

As far as what may be done by a passing high gravitational object to earth?
Well, even though comforted by the previous passings of the supposed planetx in our earths history, look at comet shoemaker-levy, it may have passed many orbits into and safely out of our solar system in the past, except for the final passing of course, when it broke up and pieces of it impacted the planet Jupiter. Any one of these small pieces of debris would have crushed our puny planet!

But save an impact from planetx, a high grav object may cause a whole calamity of effects:

• increased storms, mega storms, tornados, hurricanes
  • increases seismic and volcanic activity, mega earthquakes, mega eruptions
  • increased winds, increased rain, decreased sunlight due to aerosols and particulates
  • extreme hot and cold conditions, melting icecaps, freezing tropics etc
  • possible pole reversals
  • extreme tidal activity
  • population problems, looting, panic, rioting etc
  • planetary wide lack of essential resources: gas, food, water, shelter etc.

Comets are an interesting way to go about looking at the potential planets x. Comets are normally on elliptical or hyberbolic orbits...They are generally fast moving...They enter our system quickly, orbit around the sun, and quickly leave our system...generally have a long orbital period...

Also we have discovered new comets as recent as sept, 2007! New comets are being discovered all the time, and most of them are bright, lit off by the sun...yet we still havent discoved all the existing ones yet! Does this leave room for an undiscovered planetary body or star in an elliptical and high orbital period?

Check out a typical comets orbit flash movie here to see how close an elliptical orbit can get to the earth...
    www.shadowandsubstance.com...
    www.shadowandsubstance.com...

• posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:50 PM
    link   
    another question I have is that since the supposed planet x has safely passed through our solar system many times, what makes this time different? How do we know it isn't going to safely pass through our solar system again?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:56 PM
    link   
    reply to post by greatlakes

Jupiter...
    Avg. orbital speed: 13.07 km/s
    Max. orbital speed: 13.72 km/s
    Min. orbital speed: 12.44 km/s

a planet with the mass of jupiter moving at 10x its speed? How close would it have to come to the sun to achieve this, you left that part out of your calculations. Ths would have certainly knocked all of the inner planets off their orbits 3600 years ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:43 PM
    link   
    Here is some information about Brown Dwarf stars (aka failed stars)

Brown dwarfs are enigmatic space objects that are too small to be stars but too large to be planets. They are sometimes called "failed stars" because they have too little mass to trigger hydrogen fusion reactions at their cores, the source of the energy output
    in larger stars. With roughly 15 to 80 times the mass of Jupiter, the largest planet in our Solar System, brown dwarfs were long thought to exist. However, it was not until 1995 that astronomers were able to actually find one. A few dozens now are known.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

brown dwarfs, aka 'failed stars', can possess powerful magnetic fields and emit lighthouse beams of radio waves thousands times brighter than any detected so far from the Sun.

They seem to behave like pulsars and might eventually help astronomers understand how pulsars produce radio emissions.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:57 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Jupiter...
    Avg. orbital speed: 13.07 km/s
    Max. orbital speed: 13.72 km/s
    Min. orbital speed: 12.44 km/s

a planet with the mass of jupiter moving at 10x its speed? How close would it have to come to the sun to achieve this, you left that part out of your calculations. Ths would have certainly knocked all of the inner planets off their orbits 3600 years ago.

You are confusing your orbits, try not to get confused. Circular orbits are different than elliptical and hyperbolic orbits.

With circular orbits generally the farther out a planet is from the star, the slower the velocity, it holds true with our system as well, mercury is by far the fastest orbiting body at around 47km/s i believe, at a mean since its not a perfect circular orbit.

Mass has nothing to do with orbital speeds with respect to looking at two different types of orbits. Also the 100km/s is an upper limit, a planetx can be moving anywhere from 40km/s-115km/s depending on the mass of the body, and assuming the period of the orbit is around 3600yrs, and assuming that its arrival would be around 2012. So assuming that, a theoretical speed and distance can be guessed at.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:25 AM
    link   
    hi,

I wonder if anyone has addressed the contradiction this program presents. Early on it says Planet X is out beyond Pluto but later it says it is approaching from the south.

[email protected]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:28 AM
    link   

I wonder if anyone has addressed the contradiction this program presents. Early on it says Planet X is out beyond Pluto but later it says it is approaching from the south.

Unfortunately there are a few contradictions. Planet X is also supposed to be a Brown Dwarf star which means it's not a planet.

I am also wondering what is supposed to happen to earth when planet x passes by? Why is it going to damage/destroy earth now and hasn't in previous orbits?

Scientists have trouble computing orbits of Near Earth Objects so how much more difficult is it going to be to compute the orbit of a body that is out beyond pluto that we can't even see?

Finally, Brown Dwarf stars are 15 to 80 times the mass of Jupiter, possess powerful magnetic fields and emit lighthouse beams of radio waves thousands times brighter than any detected so far from the Sun.
    They seem to behave like pulsars and might eventually help astronomers understand how pulsars produce radio emissions.
    So, why can't we find it? I would think, an object this big that produces radio waves thousands of times brighter than any detected from our sun, should be easy to find.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:44 AM
    link   

I am also wondering what is supposed to happen to earth when planet x passes by? Why is it going to damage/destroy earth now and hasn't in previous orbits?

Not that I agree with the planet X/nibiru theory, specifically, I do know that they don't expect it will destroy the Earth, just re-terraform it in a sense, by changing its orientation, axis tilt, and causing massive catastrophes like huge tsunamis, massive earthquakes and floods, yada yada. not to mention, it supposedly carries an entourage of space junk with it that would be inadvertently crashing into the moons and planets of the solar system as it travelled in their vicinity.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by undo]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:59 PM
    link   

Not that I agree with the planet X/nibiru theory, specifically, I do know that they don't expect it will destroy the Earth, just re-terraform it in a sense, by changing its orientation, axis tilt, and causing massive catastrophes like huge tsunamis, massive earthquakes and floods, yada yada. not to mention, it supposedly carries an entourage of space junk with it that would be inadvertently crashing into the moons and planets of the solar system as it travelled in their vicinity.

I appreciate your response. I am wondering though, why planet x doesn't do this everytime it passes by?

And if it does, there should be geologic evidence of this.
    If it doesn't, then what makes this time different? Obviously a change in trajectory could cause this but how do we know the trajectory of an object so far away that we can't even see?
    Our scientist find it difficult to accurately track trajectories of NEO's (near earth objects) let alone trying to track trajectories of objects we have never directly seen, so far away.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:27 PM
    link   
    Is Nibiru Coming? If You Want To Know What I Am Talking About Check It Out On My Site www.paranormalconspiracymagazine.com I am looking for any information I can get, if anyone as seen it by eye or telescope in the southern pole area please e-mail me with what you know at [email protected] I would be very grateful for any genuine information! Thanx Crusaderpcm.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:30 PM
    link   
    I was interested up until the Bible was invoked.

F A I L

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:01 PM
    link   
    The thing is we must survive this passing. NOT our government but us as man. We must learn from our past and respect and love each other along with mothernature or earth. God Bless.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
    link   
    Any possibility this new development with comet holmes might have anything to do with Planet X??? Could they be related???? Or Is comet holmes Planet X????

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:56 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Terrapop

I love that Universal Soldier... i have been reading about the NWO and aliens who are building these bb to fight especially in the middle east...
    got an email from an intel person who will remain nameless....this person says that Planet X is on the way and for all of us to pack our bags and head for the hills... but if this is true i think that the whole earth is toast....imho the first underground bases were used for the Cold War of US vs russia...... anyway people... the youtube.com on Alex Collier re: the lost humans on Mars a decade or so ago is interesting....recommended viewing....
    what i do is take it one day at a time... i would not sweat the small stuff.. have some food handy in the house and have that radio, water and whaterever else rocks your boat and then just be ready... if something as terrible as Planet X shows up we might as well kiss our ass's goodbye.... just go and get some good weed or morphine and start shooting up or smoking... or drinking...etc.etc.
    guad joe

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:59 PM
    link   
    reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Hi L Hamilton...
    is this the X senator Hamilton here? if so, what do you know about planet X sir? thanks
    guad joe

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:40 PM
    link   
    Concerning this whole thread that I have just spent reading. IMHO

The old testament is exactly what it is... very old. It was written long before biblical times (new testament times) most likely during the age of Atlantis. Atlantis was destroyed by the flood which happened during a Nemesis fly by many thousands of years ago.

The same with the original Egyptians who built the pyramids. Their civilization was destroyed by a Nemesis fly by, at least most of them. Nemesis approaches from the south pole, during its closest approach there is widespread chaos from the gravitational pull exerted by it and also its effect on our sun. It drags rubble with it that pounds earth. Earth passes through or very near this debris field. It takes 7 years to get through this.

The Mayans were destroyed at the same time Egypt was. Their calendar was made to predict the return of Nemesis.

Today the war on terrorism is about sucking as much money to build underground bunkers and supplying them in preparation for Nemesis. When the federal budget is passed each year the money is allotted to pay for our military. The additional money every few months is way more than what is actually needed to fund the war. What are they building over there, virtually nothing. The bases were all built in the first few years. Does it really cost 50 billion to wash clothes and feed 120,000 troops for 3 months?. Were not dropping bombs on them anymore (rarely). This is my opinion.

Your Govt is not going to tell you if catastrophe is coming. Your network news is not going to tell you either. The news is very controlled and owned by very wealthy people. They benefit greatly from the Govt by telling what they are told. Such as a place for their family & friends underground.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join