It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldberg defends Vick....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Whoopi Goldberg used her first day on the daytime chat show Tuesday to defend football star Michael Vick in his dogfighting case.

Goldberg said that "from where he comes from" in the South, dogfighting isn't that unusual.

"It's like cockfighting in Puerto Rico," she said. "There are certain things that are indicative to certain parts of the country."

Well this just really pissed me off...

I remeber a time when in the south, it isnt that unusual to have blacks people as slaves?? Remeber that?? Did that make it okay???

Hell no it didnt!!! I am fully aginst what Vik did.. And have no respect for people like him.. And Whoopie, shut the hell up!!!

Am sertinly not saying anything rasist here either, so dont go there, I said that to make a point.. Just like she did...

[edit on 4-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Insest is common in the south too is that ok?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Right! Yet another good point!! Theres so many things that seem comman to a group of people.. Yet does that make it okay???

NO way !!!

It only feeds the beast, and Whoopie Goldberg just bit off more than she could chew on this one.. BAD move Whoopie..

I hope she comes back and clears that crap up... And says well I didnt mean it that way.. But at this point thats the word folks..

Its like the way I heard it. She was talking like some hickerbilly saying..
"You aint from around here are ya boy?"
"Its how we do thangs round here, if you dont like get on out."

Pure crap!!! Enough people have been trying to stop that mentality and she gets on TV to say what she said!!!
[censor] that [censor] [censor] [censor] with a [censor] [censor] a paper clip [censor].

[edit on 4-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
hmmm

you know that slogan they use around here? The "deny ignorance" one.

You two should definitely look into that sometimes.

Slavery was quite popular throughout the north as well there folks.

I have also lived in the south my whole life and have yet to meet an incestual couple. Though I hear it's quite common amongst England's Royal Family....perhaps you were thinking of them? /sarcasm

Please refrain from speaking out of your asses until you educate yourselves a bit.

Thanks,
Jasn

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
A rant thread is where we speak about RANTING!!

If you dont like it man.. Then dont read it!!

Do you have anything to add about Vik? And him killing dogs with his BARE hands???

Do you have anything to add about how she worded it??

Or you just going to try to make attacks aginst me, becasue you cant find anything else to attack.. I guess thats the case..

Becasue you totally missed my point...

Whooosh!!!
Way over your head dude!!

Slavery was quite popular throughout the north as well there folks.

No way!! really??? You missed my sarcasm too huh??

This has nothing to do about slaves Jason.. But a well placed heated point..
IF you dont like the heat, get out of my kitchen!!!

It has to do about a claim whoopie Made about things being comman place in sertin areas, but does that make them right??

How is that talking out my ass.. You missed the point..
And put yourself on my S*&t list...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
now i'm not defending vick here but this is common to the area he was raised in and doesn't seem like a big deal to him

if you were raised in the south and had grown up around dog fighting your whole life you would probably take part in it or at the very least acknowledge it as something people you know are going to do.. not necessarily agree with it, but respect it i guess.

it's the same when people do something i don't agree with but realize this is what this person knows and this is what they do and this is what they're accustomed to and how they have been brought up

the only beef i have with vick is that he through away his career

whether it be dog fighting, drugs, violence or anything else an NFL career is not something you just throw away for some petty crap like that.. imo, THATS what makes vick an idiot, wasting his talent on some stupid dogs

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
She was more excusing the behavior, than defending it. She was playing Devil's advocate just cause, she's also a comedian. It's not that serious.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie
She was more excusing the behavior, than defending it. She was playing Devil's advocate just cause, she's also a comedian. It's not that serious.

Okay guys.. IM not normally so nasty!!! But WTF!! The man murdered animals!!! WTF!!!WTF!!! its not that serious??? WTF!!!!

Sorry I come from a family of animals lovers, I have a few pets myself..

Theres two kinds of people I really do HATE in this world...

They are people who harm children.. and people who harm Animals..

You want to play the Devils game... Well go F$#^k yourself, kindly

Yeah lets make some jokes about a Guy who was raised in a world where it was okay to kill and hurt and harm animals.. Mothers!!!

Oh man!!! Yeah lets all just say hey... its okay.. F%$#K Those dirty dogs anyway.. They are just beasts.. This man was a talent.. Poor poor Vik..

I say if cant find enough empathy in your heart for animals then my friends, I dont knw where you are comming from..

And Jason... just for the record.. its Deny Boredom around here..
Not ignorance.. You are thinking ATS there genious!!!

Anyway.. this is just a Rant.. So dont go making claims aginst me.. When I clearly am hurt that people say oh its okay... its been going on for a long time.. Oh dear oh me.. Him hum.. whatever.. guys...

STick up for the murder.. Thats all he is too me...

beathing deeply.. foaming at mouth....

[edit on 6-9-2007 by zysin5]

top topics

join