It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns of 'problems' if US attacks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EBE154

They have been gathering evidence of Iran as source of the roadside bombs..they were warned..
They were advised not to produce bomb grade uranium..they did
I think what Whacko Iranian leader is referring to may not just be military attacks but promises of economic attacks from China and Venezuela

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I dont think US will attack Iran....

There r a few reasons,

1. This is no vietnam, afghanistan, or iraq.... all of which never had a significant army or air force.... meaning US has been fighting "Easy" wars for the last 30 years or so... Or more like a Mig 19 vs F-15 war.

2. All of the US allies r definitely not goin to support this war, resulting no international support.

3. US already has -862.3 Billion dollar budget deficit ... which by this war will reach -1.4 Trillion dollars.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ok so they identified camps... So what?

Missile defenses are in place.

Right now at this moment there are short range laser defense available commercially to airports. Phalanx system has also been modified and deployed to those large base camps. Iran's missiles are not a threat.

They can't invade by land air or sea. So what is left?

Israel gets attacked? Anyone who attacks Israel will be "womped".

Yes I know the recent report by Israel which says their military has lost it's touch. What country publicizes a weakened military when that country is essentially surrounded by enemies...

Iran is being lulled, into a false sense of confidence.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mm11
I dont think US will attack Iran....

There r a few reasons,

1. This is no vietnam, afghanistan, or iraq.... all of which never had a significant army or air force.... meaning US has been fighting "Easy" wars for the last 30 years or so... Or more like a Mig 19 vs F-15 war.

2. All of the US allies r definitely not goin to support this war, resulting no international support.

3. US already has -862.3 Billion dollar budget deficit ... which by this war will reach -1.4 Trillion dollars.

What makes iran different from iran iraq or afghanistan? Iraq and Iran were at a standstill for 10 years. Iran has no air force to speak of, aside from old US plane and a handful of Russian planes.

Seriously Iran is no different from Iraq. Its target able assets will be blown up within days. Since there won't be a ground invasion other then potential raids by special forces there will not be any occupation that will allow for terrorist tactics by iran like in iraq.

In fact if the US targets the right targets and supplies the right groups Iran could very much be like Afghanistan. Nothing in recent history or events can prove otherwise. You can not stop the US military you can only hold out and hope that the US public will beat the US for you.

An outright fight with planes tanks and ships can not be won by iran, not in their wettest dreams that is not an opinion.

The US takes in what around 7 trillion every year?

Actually the allies are very much with us if there is an attack.
They have said it is a last resort but that Iran would not be allowed to proceed along this path. The UN and the EU is being mocked by Iran as iran ties the rope around its own neck.

The EU only needs endorse the action politically and it seem they will, if need be. The US has plenty of military power, primarily air power, to over run the Iranian infrastructure. 20 30 50 short range mobile AA vehicles from russia isn't going to stop it. Neither are the supposed Russian super planes.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok
The US probably won´t attack Iran because.

#It would really annoy lots more Muslims, giving them an excuse to go to the battle zones and attack US troops. This would open a really big can of worms, and anything could happen.

But

Don't forget ARABS historically hate Persians "iran". Since the shia "iran" are considered heretics I doubt the Sunni Arabs would care much to see iran be attacked much like Iran didn't care about Iraq being attacked.

In fact the sunnis and the shia seem more occupied killing each other rather then the dangerous infidel foreigners.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I am thinkin .......what would be the reaction of India and Pakistan , since they r the closest to them geographically. Will they support this war.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
When is the next new moon? September 11th I believe. Now, what a day to end it all, huh?

[edit on 5-9-2007 by esdad71]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is the way I see things. We are positioning our selves for the up and truly soon coming BIG war. Probably WW3. "The Great Oil War" Iran wants and needs to become a super power as soon as possible if they want to stand a chance and seems to be playing their cards very well. They need to be dealt with as soon as possible for, our ultimate enemy is China. China's Economy is scary huge and is quickly gaining on us when it comes to oil consumption. We have already began "Peak Oil Production" worldwide. China is very aware of this as is Russia and the other powers. China is not going to allow us to just take control of all the oil. And, China has the power to stop us dead in our tracks and they will try. The scary thing is they might succeed. I wonder what they are waiting for? maybe they are waiting for us to be weakened a bit by our coming conflict with Iran.
There's a bigger picture to be looked at here. The fact is Iran wants to be a Superpower It wants free rain over its nuclear ambitions and is ultimately aiming for control of the middle eastern region. Do you think oil hungry USA is gonna allow this? Nope. Do you think oil hungry China is gonna allow the united states to take over the region and all the oil? Nope. SH%$ is about to hit the fan over there and I mean big time. N Korea is going to help China and possibly Russia will join them. But, here this: "The Great Oil War" has began and has yet to show its bloodiest side.There is a bigger plan and all we can do is take a side, take a look and watch it unfold. It seems what people are underestimating is this HUGE oil crises. We have reached "Peak Oil Production" China's thirst for oil is HUGE don't underestimate their will. As we are strategically placing our selves in the region and setting up camp. China is watching. Remember a wile back when China shot down our spy satellites? and just yesterday I learned that China hacked into The Pentagon computers...........

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Im sorry you cant tell a simple threat when you here one.But then being i suspect european over-looking threats like hitler is your forte,no?And frankly the iranians if they were smart should say nothing inflamatory at all.Neville chamberlain lives!!!lol!!

I see. We're playing national stereotypes are we?

Well, two can play at that game.

So, Mr.Obese Humvee driving redneck war mongering ignorant xenophobe who probably can't tell the difference between Iran and Mexico on a map, I'm sure you'll be riding the bomb down a-la Dr.Strangelove as and when it all kicks off.

In the meantime maybe you can explain to me who presents a threat more, the Country with the miltary budget that is 29 times as large as the combined miltary spending of Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, that has in its possesion over 10,000 nuclear warheads of various types, the largest blue water Navy in the world, three types of strategic intercontinental bomber and has shown a propensity to use all of that force (except for the nukes) as it sees fit since WW2 and is currently sitting on Iran's borders with three main carrier battlegroups and a standing armed force after invading its neighbour on the pretext of a lie or....;

The Middle Eastern Country with no power projection, no ICBM's, no nuclear weapons and no means whatsoever to target American cities directly.

See the imbalance there?

Oh, and by the way, no one overlooked Hitler. Read and learn some proper history. If you do you'll find that Chamberlain desperately wanted peace at the same time as he was ensuring that Britain was armed to the teeth to repel an invasion (where do you think all those nice shiny new Hurricanes and Spitfires, and the radar stations came from?) He understood that war was an awful, evil thing, and he didn't want it to happen if possible.

I can explain that to you more slowly if you'd like, whilst you eat your grits and chew on your tobaccy?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

the only evidence you have about an iranian connection with iraqi roadside bombs are various news reports from government controlled news channels which 'claim' that the military has found actual evidence... so why don't they just show us the 'clear evidence'? strange isn't it?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Well, two can play at that game.

So, Mr.Obese Humvee driving redneck war mongering ignorant xenophobe who probably can't tell the difference between Iran and Mexico on a map, I'm sure you'll be riding the bomb down a-la Dr.Strangelove as and when it all kicks off...

I can explain that to you more slowly if you'd like, whilst you eat your grits and chew on your tobaccy?

Bravo. You represent your countrymen very well.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
This is the way I see things. We are positioning our selves for the up and truly soon coming BIG war. Probably WW3. "The Great Oil War" Iran wants and needs to become a super power as soon as possible if they want to stand a chance and seems to be playing their cards very well. They need to be dealt with as soon as possible for, our ultimate enemy is China. China's Economy is scary huge and is quickly gaining on us when it comes to oil consumption. We have already began "Peak Oil Production" worldwide. China is very aware of this as is Russia and the other powers. China is not going to allow us to just take control of all the oil. And, China has the power to stop us dead in our tracks and they will try. The scary thing is they might succeed. I wonder what they are waiting for? maybe they are waiting for us to be weakened a bit by our coming conflict with Iran.
There's a bigger picture to be looked at here. The fact is Iran wants to be a Superpower It wants free rain over its nuclear ambitions and is ultimately aiming for control of the middle eastern region. Do you think oil hungry USA is gonna allow this? Nope. Do you think oil hungry China is gonna allow the united states to take over the region and all the oil? Nope. SH%$ is about to hit the fan over there and I mean big time. N Korea is going to help China and possibly Russia will join them. But, here this: "The Great Oil War" has began and has yet to show its bloodiest side.There is a bigger plan and all we can do is take a side, take a look and watch it unfold. It seems what people are underestimating is this HUGE oil crises. We have reached "Peak Oil Production" China's thirst for oil is HUGE don't underestimate their will. As we are strategically placing our selves in the region and setting up camp. China is watching. Remember a wile back when China shot down our spy satellites? and just yesterday I learned that China hacked into The Pentagon computers...........

interestig story.
I think russia is just happy to sell arms to Iran and would be happy to sell them arms again to replace the arms in pieces, a war with Iran would skyrocket oil and gas prices, Russia remains the happy camper..
North Korea wont be involved, they've gained a nice status quo with their recent deal[probably still able to launch-, or sell nuclear weapons in secret]
China is indeed just as eager for oil as the US, they'll challenge each other in a different way then between us and ussr in the old days..
Btw CHina blinded US spy satellites with highpower lasers flying over their territory, they shot down one of their own with a ballistic missile vehicle with kinetic impact..[although the US complained that communication with some of their satellites was lost [maybe] due to the debris of the destroyed chinese weather satellite]

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EBE154
reply to post by BlackProjects

the only evidence you have about an iranian connection with iraqi roadside bombs are various news reports from government controlled news channels which 'claim' that the military has found actual evidence... so why don't they just show us the 'clear evidence'? strange isn't it?

Refreshing to find someone who is capable of rational critical thinking.

There are simply way too many people buying into the official line without actually thinking about things.

We know that western media is used as a propaganda engine, so why do so many people refuse to think critically about what they see on TV?

Edit to add:
Funny how this part of the original article never gets any attention:

Iran has always insisted it would never launch any attack against a foreign country but has also warned of a crushing response to any aggression against its soil.

Read that over a few times.
Iran would never launch an attack on a foreign country.
It has no history of invasion. It's war with Iraq was primarily due to Saddam's expansionist agenda backed by US interests.

Additionally, one does not have to win a war to deliver a crushing response.
Some of you have rather misguided ideas as to how effective anti-missile systems are. The Phalanx is just about useless against a ballistic missile because it will chew the missile apart, but the warhead is very likely to continue along it's ballistic trajectory and hit the target anyway. If you don't understand that, you might need to brush up on your physics.

The Patriot Anti-missile system has been largely over hyped in order to sell the system to other countries.
Techincal Article on Patriot Preformance

From 1991 through 1993, we carried out a detailed study of the performance
of the Patriot system in attempting to destroy Iraqi Scud (Al-Hussein) missiles
during the 1991 Gulf War. This work was based in large part on analyses
of news media videos of Patriot-Scud engagements. We found that the actual
success rate for Patriot against the Iraqi missiles was very low, and most
likely was zero.

The PAC-3 Missile has since been introduced which features "Hit To Kill" technology. This means that the target missile (and warhead) is much more likely to be destroyed upon successful interception. What very few people are talking about is the fact that it also greatly reduces the chances of a successful interception since now the missile must physically impact the target.

SO!

If I was a US grunt on the ground, I'd be very happy to prey that no one in office is stupid enough to press this particular confrontation. I wouldn't be very optimistic, though.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by BitRaiser]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
It seems that all of this recent media news of impending U.S. strikes on Iran have began to pay off. The Iranians are starting to sound fearful.

But I am sure Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has already formulated a mathmatical solution for this.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

Your comment on him already having a mathimatical solution honestly had laughing out loud man..that was classic haaha

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Optimus Crime

That oddball quote was very likely an intentional mis-translation to discredit the man.
See This Thread/Post

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
And so the sabre-rattling begins. This shall be an interesting week. Another point of interest would be what the estimated 377,618* Iranians living in the US would do or think if the US does indeed proceed with their planned attack.

377,618 Iranians in the U.S.? Who the heck came up with that number? That census is way off base. I guarantee there are that many (or close to that many) in Los Angeles alone. I live here. I know. I've worked for several. I work for one now. I've dealt in business with hundreds, if not thousands of them. It sounds to me like that number was fictiously created to make Americans think that there might not be a big uprising by the Iranians if we went to war with Iran. Unfortunately for the government, this is not the case.

[edit on 9/5/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
There are a few hints to remember when looking into the Iran situation.

Firstly the talk about this war being a long and drawn out process. I remember Rumsfeld saying something along those lines in an interview a couple of years ago. Which could mean that he was not exactly talking about the Iraqi situation, but Iran or indeed the middle east as a whole being a very long drawn out war.

Secondly the U.S' idea of Preemptive striking. This is a scary one, because the U.S is toying with the idea of hit first and ask questions later. Usually its in retaliation to some event, real or staged, depending on what view you take. When the U.S is hit, it returns that hit 10 fold. But with a preemptive attitude? who knows where/when this could begin.

I've always felt IF the U.S ever decided to flat out attack with no warning and use its military might similar to what Germany did in the second world war with its Blitzkrieg tactics or as its put today, shock and awe. There really isn't a military force on the planet that wouldn't be at least 50 to 80% destroyed if not totally defeated.
And thats not even counting on U.S allies involvement in the conflict.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

True. Yeah the loss of life in our already dwindling armed forces is already too much. You are right about them thinking farther down the road than US. Which is why I'd hit the red panic button and wipe out anyone with a crooked eye over there. I posted my earlier arrogant rant before taking my happy pills they got me REALLY brainwashed on, alprozolam. I am a the most volatile openly anti-Bush person I know. I think our Government is going to stage a major disaster as stated on here, wether we war with Iran prior to this matters not, because it will be blamed on them, and it will unfold. Lil' Bush already said he would deal with Iran before he was out of office. Martial Law, I can smell, same with economic failure because of all the hatred of this cesspool country of sheeple and dirty officials, police, state attorneys, judges, etc. China is disgruntled, I work with Russians, we aren't regarded as heros there or anywhere I can think of for that matter besides maybe border jumpers? North Korea is a country with a leader who has nukes and a drinking problem as we all know. My friends in the forces and all our troops I respect and wish the best for, the ones who've already died R.I.P., but if we're gonna do something why shed more blood of our own people by shaking our poles in Iran messing around with the middle east and do the dirty and leave. Sucks, but with The Man we have running this place, and his little band of merry men, I think it's all fckd.

I can't wait to see who buys their way into office in 08'.... NWO RAH RAH

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is what I don’t get about Iran. Why do they keep making threats. Iran has a lot to loose. China get’s about 50% of their oil from Iran, Im sure the Iranians were told to cool it by china already and most likely a few other countries have said the same that buy oil from Iran. Any attack by the U.S. or any other nation on Iran would send the entire region into economic disaster. Im sure that’s one of the many reason’s why Iran thinks the U.S. won’t strike. Israel on the other hand will most likely strike a crushing blow to Syria at the same time , if we strike Iran. If economic disaster for the middle east is the goal here then Iran is the key to bringing down the entire region with it. Sort of a economic domino effect. This game of chess can only last so long. You can bet if we attack Iran it will be in a big way. Like nothing anyone has seen since WWII . This will be at least two front war that’s for sure. I think Russia will sit this one out and sell more of their oil to their new middle east customers. Venezuela will get some new customers too. but Iran will losse either way if attacked.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
There really isn't a military force on the planet that wouldn't be at least 50 to 80% destroyed if not totally defeated.

China.
China has a very large and well developed army that is underestimated by most.
China's Military
Not only do I not think they could stop a US attack, I think they could win a conflict. I would be long and very bloody, but I could see China's raw numbers and social attitude coming out on top.

The thing about China is they aren't very active or vocal on the political stage. They're doing things... their economy is surging, they're investing in 3rd world nations (instead of destabilizing them like the US), and have been working on some very impressive technology.

Without a doubt, they have quietly become the Superpower you never hear about.

And thats not even counting on U.S allies involvement in the conflict.

The rest of the world isn't nearly as isolated as the little nations the US habitually picks off. Iran, for example is kinda dangerous because they're good friends with Russia and Venezuela. Both of those countries happen to be allies of (drum roll please) the above mentioned China.

Originally posted by SJE98
This is what I don’t get about Iran. Why do they keep making threats[?] Iran has a lot to loose.

Here's the thing...
Quote me one credible "threat" that Iran has made that wasn't brought to you by the good folks at MEMRI (which is the one source that most Western Media outlets gets their news and translations from the Middle East).

Truth is, you think they've made a lot of threats when in fact they really haven't. It's not your fault. You've been lied to.

I'm not saying that it's all roses and sunshine in Iran. On the contrary, their Government is not in favor with the population. The government is highly religious while the people are not so much.

Ya know... kinda like in the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join