It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns of 'problems' if US attacks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Oh dear!!Yet another iranian threat!And yet the posters here in their infinite wisdom Still paint the U.S.as the crazed animal.How pathetically simple minded.

You do know the title of the thread is "Iran warns of problems if US attacks", don't you?

Quite how you make that into an Iranian threat is beyond me. What the hell do you expect them to say?

Do you think they are going to say "Everything will be fine if the US attacks us" ?

Just who is being "simple minded" here?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Listen, I voted, not for Bush or the Demmies, but Independent. There were many ballots lost over here, machines tampered with, hanging chads, etc.

"US" didn't elect the man, money bought his way into office. What about the half or more of the nation that really voted independent or democrat? Then would you be happy?

I hope we decimate Iran. Wipe it off the map. I have many friends in the armed forces, and a few retired, and I must say the hardcore Muslims are sick bastards, not right in the head. They have Osama toys they give their kids, they brainwash them from birth. At least here in America we brainwash our youth to have sex and drink alcohol which is modest in comparison to braINwashing them to commit JIHAD.

US Army has so much tech, we will win against the camel lovers. Any who rise up in our own nation, will be killed by NRA members and armed smart citizens like myself. No worries, they can blow up 300 gas stations. We have too many in my opinion anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I hope we decimate Iran. Wipe it off the map. I have many friends in the armed forces, and a few retired, and I must say the hardcore Muslims are sick bastards, not right in the head. They have Osama toys they give their kids, they brainwash them from birth. At least here in America we brainwash our youth to have sex and drink alcohol which is modest in comparison to braINwashing them to commit JIHAD.

With just that there, it is no wonder the world more and more each day looks at America and sighs in disbelief.

Once a great country full of great people, full of people who would lead the rest of the world into the next great era, except now your own government is dragging you and the world into a cesspit of your own making.

Go fight Canada or Mexico, you know somewhere closer to home, so you stood a chance of been invaded, I reckon your bravado would diminish a fair few notches.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brock Landers

I hope we decimate Iran. Wipe it off the map....the hardcore Muslims are sick bastards, not right in the head

You're hoping to see 71 Million people "wiped off the map" and somehow in your mind, the Muslims are the sick ones, that are "not right in the head"?

Thats some logic you got there

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't think an attack on Iran is a good idea. What will we use? DU probably. This stuff has an extremely long half life and will go around the world.

Lung cancer rates in the US are high enough. Do the terrorists have nukes in the US?
In southern Iraq? Is the Green Zone a target? What about Tel Aviv?

All the terrorists have to do is drop nuclear waste in Lake Eerie or Lake Superior.

A real nuclear device could be placed in a freight elevator and taken to the top of a large building, then pull the pin.

These things are unthinkable. Also, during this time what happens to US equities markets? Financially there could be a huge fallout. Gas prices soar. A big mess.

We (US) would be all "greased up" for 2012 and possibly Doomsday............................

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A country too far? Would an attack on Iran be the straw that breaks the camels back? Would this be the one to insight a rebellion of the people and from that the NWO imposes 'their form of control from chaos' restoring order through marshal law - hey if you aren't out to commit a crime why would you protest against marshal law eh?

There is no justification for an assult on Iran, even IF they do develop a bomb - least we not forget that North Korea already has a nuclear weapon capability, but as long as we allow fat boy kim his Xbox 360 Elite edition he's cool right?

I wouldn't rate a nuclear bomb attack against the west a high probability IMHO there is a lot of chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction out there which are a REALLY significant risk to the world.
www.cnn.com

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

Aye. A few bad apple can spoil the lot. Just like a few crazy, psychotic, wackos who do horrible things in the name of religion whilst simultaneously receiving tremendous amounts of media spotlight can really spoil the lot in said religion.

Or you could say an individual who often spouts crazy utterances while receiving large amounts of media coverage can totally annihilate perception of the country they are from, more so if said person happens to lead the country.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brock Landers

US Army has so much tech, we will win against the camel lovers. Any who rise up in our own nation, will be killed by NRA members and armed smart citizens like myself. No worries, they can blow up 300 gas stations. We have too many in my opinion anyway.

Wow, I've never seen a more ignorant post here on ATS.

First, it's attitudes like yours that got us in the current mess we're in in Iraq. Why do you want to kill the entire population of a country because they're different from you? That's sick my friend.

Second, you talk about brainwashing... Well, it's no accident that you want to 'wipe Iran off the map'. That's not an original thought pal, it was someone else's. You've been brainwashed since birth.

Yeah, all of our Army's technology has really worked well in Iraq. I'm sure we'll "win" in Iran just as easily as we've "won" in Iraq. Your racist comments aren't welcome here man, go hate elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To me, Iran clearly has a long range plan in place. The Iranian administration seems to be talking a lot of trash on purpose. Whatever the NWO plan is or whatever, if Iran is not in on the deal, then the western world is in big trouble in my opinion. A lot of scenarios have been offered in this thread but few have hinted at the possible underlying strategy of Iran. Of course the US military has the means to crush the entire Iran state and country, but it will not. If most projections are come to pass that the US will target the Iranian military, then that could be the beginning of an incredibly long and arduous conflict. Ball game watching Jack and Jill will think that the war would be over after the official announcement of the containment of Iran's military. And nothing would be further from the truth.

To a people raised in the desert there's no such thing as a distance too far. No such thing as a timeline too long. The sea is just another version of the desert. Just as is the vacuum of space. What I'm saying is that Iran has a distinct advantage built into the culture of its people. Its people are not thinking about today or tomorrow, they are thinking generations ahead from now, with a memory that extends well past the fast food memory of the United States. We, the US, are the pampered and plush. The Iranians are the rough, rugged and time tested. No amount of Hollywood propaganda or style of military dress can disguise those differences. We have the tech. They have an iron gut. We need things done yesterday. For them, things will be done when they are done.

The president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, speaks of mathematics. We Americans should ponder that. The Iranian government seems to be saying, "We recognize that you Americans can travel at the speed of light. The Iranians have no problem giving you credit for that. However, we do have a question. At the speed at which you travel, what is the greatest distance that you've traversed? Compared to Iran you've hardly sustained a light month."

There's very little doubt in my mind that if the Iranian government are not in on "the deal", then they will not be playing for percentage points on the stock market, fanning propaganda to raise the profit margins of the mass media and the military industrial complex. They will be playing for good old fashioned keeps.

For some reason I'm reminded of the classic fable of The Tortoise and the Hare.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by Xfile
Oh dear!!Yet another iranian threat!And yet the posters here in their infinite wisdom Still paint the U.S.as the crazed animal.How pathetically simple minded.

You do know the title of the thread is "Iran warns of problems if US attacks", don't you?

Quite how you make that into an Iranian threat is beyond me. What the hell do you expect them to say?

Do you think they are going to say "Everything will be fine if the US attacks us" ?

Just who is being "simple minded" here?
Im sorry you cant tell a simple threat when you here one.But then being i suspect european over-looking threats like hitler is your forte,no?And frankly the iranians if they were smart should say nothing inflamatory at all.Neville chamberlain lives!!!lol!!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In reply to Beachcoma

Err President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not and does not lead Iran, he is merely a puppet of their religous leaders and their military.

Now if you said he was the leader of the Iranian propaganda machine then I would have to concede.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
am i really the only one here that thinks that the only place this war IS being waged and will EVER be waged is in the media?

seriously, they found that war talk boosts ratings and since they can only pull the "body counts" out of iraq just so much they start beating the war drums for ratings.

oh nevermind, they are controlled by cheney anyway yeah?

excuse me while i head back to my flock i guess....

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK

Now if you said he was the leader of the Iranian propaganda machine then I would have to concede.

Exactly

He is the figurehead, is he not?

Anyway, you do realize what I said can be applied to the other side of the fence as well, don't you?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is the way I see things. We are positioning our selves for the up and truly soon coming BIG war. Probably WW3. "The Great Oil War" Iran wants and needs to become a super power as soon as possible if they want to stand a chance and seems to be playing their cards very well. They need to be dealt with as soon as possible for, our ultimate enemy is China. China's Economy is scary huge and is quickly gaining on us when it comes to oil consumption. We have already began "Peak Oil Production" worldwide. China is very aware of this as is Russia and the other powers. China is not going to allow us to just take control of all the oil. And, China has the power to stop us dead in our tracks and they will try. The scary thing is they might succeed. I wonder what they are waiting for? maybe they are waiting for us to be weakened a bit by our coming conflict with Iran.
There's a bigger picture to be looked at here. The fact is Iran wants to be a Superpower It wants free rain over its nuclear ambitions and is ultimately aiming for control of the middle eastern region. Do you think oil hungry USA is gonna allow this? Nope. Do you think oil hungry China is gonna allow the united states to take over the region and all the oil? Nope. SH%$ is about to hit the fan over there and I mean big time. N Korea is going to help China and possibly Russia will join them. But, here this: "The Great Oil War" has began and has yet to show its bloodiest side.There is a bigger plan and all we can do is take a side, take a look and watch it unfold. It seems what people are underestimating is this HUGE oil crises. We have reached "Peak Oil Production" China's thirst for oil is HUGE don't underestimate their will. As we are strategically placing our selves in the region and setting up camp. China is watching. Remember a wile back when China shot down our spy satellites? and just yesterday I learned that China hacked into The Pentagon computers...........

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK

I hope we decimate Iran. Wipe it off the map. At least here in America we brainwash our youth to have sex and drink alcohol which is modest in comparison to braINwashing them to commit JIHAD.

With just that there, it is no wonder the world more and more each day looks at America and sighs in disbelief.

Go fight Canada or Mexico, you know somewhere closer to home, so you stood a chance of been invaded, I reckon your bravado would diminish a fair few notches.

Hold up there bucko. We Canadians whooped some American butt once, and we'll do it again. Leave us out of it, we're busy keeping the CIA's opium trade on the map in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Beachcoma I would have to say that the figurehead of Iran is their religious leaders, closely followed by the military.

As for El Presidente then I can see were you are coming from, but what would the bet be while he is spouting off like a loon while the true leaders are securing a deal with the US to avert any military action.

What the US has to realise is that Iran as a country/culture goes back a fair few years, moreso than the US, they have seen it and bought the T-Shirt, the only difference now is that they have a potential aggressor who in all reality could put them back to the Stoneage.

But that would require nukes and the US could not get away with that, so airstrikes would be the order of the day, after that a land invasion, now that land invasion I reckon would be the step too far even for the US, not just military or economically, but for the US citizens to suck up to.

Wolfie

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Its us in Europe that suffer most from the terrorism! Attrocities in Israel near enough everyday. The threat of Islamic Brits turning there brainwashed backs on the country that gave them asylum. Just look at the idiots in Germany today that were planning the biggest firework display in Europe since WW2. I will not forget the twin towers because that was disgusting but to me that was an inside job. Clearly Iran is not a threat to the US they won't be launching anything nuclear on US soil anytime soon. Bush's war on terrorism is just about assests. Mainly oil!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Guys Iran is full of it and I think we can all tell by the way they are trying to scare us. Oh yea the US could never foresee the size of the responce. Please we have planes flying right now yes RIGHT NOW that detect and shoot down missiles. And who knows how many secret laser there are in space now that do the same thing. If Im thinking clearly there would only need to be 4 or 5 to cover the whole earth.

But yes there will be an attack on Iran soon if not why would there be so many articles coming out about it now?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
am i really the only one here that thinks that the only place this war IS being waged and will EVER be waged is in the media?

Well I don't agree, I think Bush/Cheney are dead set on starting a war with Iran before they leave office. It's a big part of what their backers put them there for.

However I certainly hope you're right, if that helps

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

lol yes, it helps.

this is not a one line post

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join