It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns of 'problems' if US attacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I don't know if you're referring to me or not, but either way, I'm not pro-war. I don't want to see us fight any more than anyone else. But if we DO hit Iran, my point is that we're perfectly capable of doing what we say we're going to do.

I understand there's a bigger picture, but a lot of the argument in this thread is whether Iran will roll over like Iraq, and the answer is a resounding NO. They won't roll over, but when all's said and done, they're not going to have much, if anything left to fight with.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Earlier this year I was at my ex girlfriends house helping her dad do some work on his house. They live in an area surrounded by a few military bases in Indiana. You see at least one fighter jet fly over everyday.

One day we're doing some work and jets were all over the place. They also had a F-117 out and that got my attention because I've never seen one soo close. These jets were flying very low. You could see them practicing everything and I had never seen them do that before while being out at their house. Her dad starts talking about how he thinks we're about to attack Iran. This was in mid April of this year. He said "Don't be surprised if that ***hole Bush attacks Iran between now and the end of September". He said the last time that the jets were out soo much like that was about 5 months before they hit Iraq. Since he said that I've been waiting for all this back and forth talk to start and was wondering if it would be in September like he said.

All this crap makes me hate being an American these days. I can't stand Bush at all. I seriously hate that guy. Because of him everyone hates our guts, even if most of us can't stand what's going on, everyone still hates us. I can't count how many times I've had hate thrown my way on other forums - and offline - simply because I'm an American.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by nightmare_david]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
With Iran and China being so close.. all China has to do is threaten to dump the dollars they hold and guess what.. no ones bombing anything. The US Economy goes to hell and there will be no money to support another front.

I figure THATS why we haven't gone in yet. I also figure thats what all this "toy recall" nonsense is about too. We are posturing ourselves against China. "Dump our dollars and you lose our trade and we'll prove it right now".

Think about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
if the US government attacks Iran, this will be terrorism, nothing less.

once more.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh dear!!Yet another iranian threat!And yet the posters here in their infinite wisdom Still paint the U.S.as the crazed animal.How pathetically simple minded.Back to topic.Were an attack to take place the iranian military/government(the religeous fanatics)/and civilian infrastructure will be decimated within 2 weeks and take at least a decade to rebuild to partial operability i guess.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
First off, I shutter at the thought of war with Iran. There will be no 'winner' in it. The middle east will explode (excuse my pun) if full blown war begins. The amounts of suicide bombings will be through the roof and the civilians of all the countries will be the losers.

With that being said, looking into what could happen internally in the United States is even scarier. I do not want to play what ifs, because there are thousands of possibilities.. but there's a few things I would be very weary of.

In this age of fear, where the general public forms their ideas from the television, the possibilities are endless. Just imagine the impact of the first suicide bombing on our own soil... our lives and our freedoms will be in grave danger. We already showed our understanding for foreigners when American citizens were harassing gas station attendants after 911, so what do you think would happen when the 'Patriotic' American starts to feel threatened on his homeland. Maybe then the call to action will be our own safety on this country.. which could easily en tale MARTIAL LAW. (Cue in the trumpets)

When I say martial law I mean a slight change in what's going on today. It will pit all citizens against each other, harboring claims of terrorism to any opposed. We have all seen the utter disregard for constitutional rights already, so when we are in real danger I don't think they will think twice about locking people up, for close to no reason. And that includes me and a lot of other people on Above Top Secret. The term 'suspicion' of terrorism can be stretched a loooooooooong way. This will keep all the sheep making sure the herd is heading in the right direction, and anyone who disagrees will obviously be traitors. Maybe the FEMA camps will be in full effect?.. Not to mention their right to search and interrogate any citizen for fear of terror (with little or no recourse)..

This is all just a possibility though, we really know very little.. I will just stay positive, and if sh!t hits the fan hopefully it won't be too late to find a new home. I love my country, but I hate the King.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
can bush just decide to attack iran ? & it just happens, or does he need congress support befor he can do it ?. & is there much support in u.s. government for bush doing an air strike on iran ?.
or will it just come down to cost ?.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
if the US government attacks Iran, this will be terrorism, nothing less.
once more.

totally agreed! another attack without clear evidence of an 'imminent' threat / existing a-bomb cannot be justified! it would be another war without reason for U.S. domination in the middle-east and another step on their way towards a New World Order...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by EBE154]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We're at a point in history that an attack on Iran would lead to consequences no one here can truly fathom other than what I believe to be a prelude to WW3. How can you believe otherwise. Thinking we can go in there and not think we will finally "cross a line" is absurd. What and how Iran would retaliate is open to speculation but saying we can beat them into submission is EXACTLY how historical empires fell. If we attack Iran, a domino line could start to fall.

Hearing I'm proud to be American, Iranian , Moonian or whatever else is hard to hear when war is involved. I'm proud to be human and disappointed in the attitude that people are being "pushed" into wanting to attack each other. For every person that says that, the "powers' that be are one person closer to getting what they want. Division among the people of this earth on a financial level is one thing, but division among the people by war becomes almost irreversible. I'm ex-military and used to be proud to have an American flag around me. As time goes by and with each atrocity, war and wrong doing America perpetrates across the globe, the more I believe the flag I used to be so proud to have around me because for me it stood for an attempt at unity becomes a symbol akin to the swastika in that it incites feelings other than good in international eyes and deaths in numbers that won't stop climbing.

b

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xfile

What an American thing to say, yet after that happens do not be surprised to
see Iran in your own back yard blowing people up. Then everyone will be against Islam because it was Islam that did it. I am totally against this war, and
if you are not, well expect more of the soldiers to come back in body bags.
If USA attack Iran, then people will start thinking USA is mostly against Islam,
which even to me it's what this looks like.
I do understand where USA is coming from though, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is
all for Hamas, which are all for wiping Israel off the map. This is why it is tough
choosing sides for this debate. If US does not attack Iran, then Iran can build a
nuke and try to wipe Israel off the map, yet if US attacks then it should expect
a full out war, and terror attacks.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nickh

"I want something to happen that will finally shut Bush up"

Wow, you really want this confrontation to escalate to where thousands will die, just to teach a lesson to a politician who will be out of office in a year or so? You people believe that Bush is the source of all evil in the world. Would his replacement (who ever that might be) be any less enthusiastic about defending his country, any less apt to call on the troops to fight anywhere around the world in order to route out terrorists. You (all of the "Bush" haters) have vilified the man so much you forget that someone even worst might be the one to replace him. I doubt that it will be someone who will make peace suddenly encircle the globe

You've obviously never given thought to the men who would die for your little bit of blood lust. It's so easy at your computer to lay all the blame on a single person, in your mind no one else could be at fault. Think before you sound off!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The US probably won´t attack Iran because.

# The international opinion would condemn it in a big way. Not like Iraq, a REAL big way
# Russia would support Iran, seeing as Russia has so many links to Iran. Especially in a business sense. Maybe even give Iran advanced weaponry
#Iran might have more military might than is know, maybe even have Nukes already, probably from Russian, see above point.
#It would really annoy lots more Muslims, giving them an excuse to go to the battle zones and attack US troops. This would open a really big can of worms, and anything could happen.

But on the other hand if the US is going towards a Police 4th Reich state, which it would appear to be then it wouldn´t surprise me. A false flag terrorist attack would prelude the attack as usual and the majority would believe it as usual

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that a US strike on Iran would result in nothing less than immediate regional war?

I believe that as soon as Iran is attacked their allies in the region would immediately target US interests and their ally Israel. This includes shiite militias in Iraq, Hamas in Palestine, Hezbollah in Lebanon, the State of Syria, and other terrorist factions across the world. This may also include terror cells already in place inside Europe and the US. Upheaval in Nuclear armed Pakistan could occur, and there would definitely be repercussions in Afghanistan. We are now talking about a huge land mass, stretching from the Mediterranean all the way to Pakistan. I fully believe there could be a massive breakdown including civil war throughout this region, especially in the heart of the mid east. Places like Lebanon, Palestine, and Iraq would almost certainly collapse into civil war and anarchy following a devastating attack on Iran. Iran just has to many violent assets in the region, and you can be assured they will use them.

Personally I feel this will result in Oil going well above $150 a barrel, which could prove disastrous on the American economy, if prolonged for more than a few months. Seriously though, this is not going to be like Iraq. Iraq was isolated when we invaded, Iran is not.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The current US administration seems hell bent on bringing around Armaggeddon, frankly Im scared cause this thing is going to blow up real fast with the US once again being the aggressors they will annhialaite Iran, BUT, if Iran does indeed have a nuclear weapon then something will be destroyedm,most likely a part of Israel.

The US Administration is blatantly even more-so than Iraq going to go to war with another country once again for Oil, their will be other benefits but Oil will be the primary reason, This time countries like China & Russia will not just sit back and watch, the US is taking the piss as far as every Eastern based country is concerned and they will no longer stand for it, my words seem strong and very opinionated but Im sure many will agree and in the end we're all going to just watch it happen.

If anything happens the US will be miles away from where the action is & it will be their European and Asian allies who will suffer.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by marcopolo]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What if the sleeper cells hit the military bases her in the U.S.? They have been here for decades just awaiting their chance to strike. If it happens it will go very fast. There will not be much left of either country.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
IMO an attack in IRAN would give the OIL intrest's the excuse they need to RAISE PRICES which would lead to a deep recession in the united states and a big decline in consumer spending.

There are Supra national agenda's being pursued by the highest level politicans while they play their roles as "national leaders" they are corporate bought and funded pigs who make decisons based on what is good for money making on a GLOBAL scale, wether it war, crime, or more expansionary economic policy's it all makes money

they say one thing and do another, and people are too caught up in their own lives to care enough to think critically and challenge their beliefs on the matter (at least until their own standard of living goes in the toilet) and shakes them out of their comfort zone

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I only have one Iranian friend but they informed me that they think Iran needs to be quieted down. They live here for the same reason, the country is so corrupt they couldn't live there anymore. I asked if they feel like the jumped out of the pan and into the fire. Yes they love their homeland, but they actually side with us on our actions. I don't side with us on our actions. But if they seem to think it is needed, maybe it is.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

yes, we think Bush is the worst villain because he is the worst president we have ever had.
I am pretty sure that the next election will be for a president that is opposite of everything that Bush stands for.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The good thing about a full blown WW3 happening now would be less people to care of when Planet X arrives in 2012.

Controlled mass distinction by war before cataclysmic events will start (including the world wide panic) would be preferable IMHO

Also the needed structure of marshal law could be established in this case well in advance.

Finally the fallout of exploding nukes world wide would be beneficial to limit the impact of extreme sun storms around 2012. Maybe they realised Chemtrails are not enough to dim the atmosphere...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Terrapop]

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Terrapop]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

And what happens when the terorists attack on US soil after the next election? Whoever is in power will do exactly what Bush did. He/She has the choice of fighting them or caving to there demands. What do you think his/her response would be? The american poeple would hang him/her politically if he did nothing to retaliate. And I imagine you'd all be crying for the poor slobs who hit your backside and claiming the US' deserved what it got.

Oh well back to work!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join