It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns of 'problems' if US attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Iran warns of 'problems' if US attacks

www.dailystar.com.lb

Iran on Tuesday issued a stark warning to the United States over the danger of launching a military attack, saying Washington could never foresee the size of its response against US troops in the region.

It cannot evaluate the vulnerability of its 200,000 troops in the region since we have accurately identified all of their camps. Secondly, it does not know what will happen to Israel and thirdly, the United States does not know what will happen to the oil flow
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The war of words continue.....

US Troops would be a sitting target for their missiles

Tehran has an array of medium range missiles and claims that its longer-range Shahab-3 missile has a reach of 2,000 kilometers which would put Israel and US bases on the Arabian Peninsula within reach

It wouldnt be the same walk in the park that Iraq was during the bombing of it in the first and second gulf wars.

www.dailystar.com.lb
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-9-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Iran is going to have a hard time retaliating on Israel and our locations in Iraq when they have no military left. if we hit iran, we will hit them extremely hard. I don't think most people comprehend how much we threw at Iraq the first night of Desert Storm and Shock and Awe. If you don't know, imagine a bunch of planes flying in and bombing...now multiply that by about 1000. Iran won't have much left to hit us with....

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
me thinks iran isnt niave enuff to belive they would survive a full blow us air campaign....that to me worries me when they talk like this....makes me think maybe they have some backup.....maybe in the form of china and russia?but maybe thats juss crazy talk lol

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It seems that all of this recent media news of impending U.S. strikes on Iran have began to pay off. The Iranians are starting to sound fearful.

But I am sure Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has already formulated a mathmatical solution for this.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaruseleh

Well, is it really 100% clear what kind of military capabilities Iran indeed holds? I could just as easily imagine an American military weakend by it's own succes trying to blitz through Iran and get a smack in the face.

Given the thoughts about how people view America (I haven't heard anyone for a long time say that they liked America... some people even blame the American public for appointing a leader like Bush), if Iran based on a an American attack manages to get a single nuclear missile out and hit a target, I would blame the American administration not only for instigating nuclear war but also for the failure of being able to fulfill their yet again optismitic goals in "keeping peace" in the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Well, I don't think there'll be a "blitz" in the sense that there was in Iraq. We're not there to topple a regime. We're there to knock out their military, although I'm sure there are other goals as well. My point is, I'd be surprised if we sent any ground troops in at all. If all we do is air strikes and cruise missiles (I'm assuming we can reach Iran with our missiles, but I could be wrong...), there's no way Iran will "smack" us. I've been in the air force, and when they say they can knock out 1,300 (I believe that was the number) strategic locations in 3 days, believe it.

As far as Iran actually having a nuke ready to launch? If they do, I gaurentee that target will be among the first hit by us. If we take any damage in our "strike" against Iran, it will be very minimal compared to what we do to them.

I've noticed a lot of "Don't underestimate Iran" talk...I'm here to say, "Don't underestimate the US Air Force". We have a LOT that we can, and will, throw at them. Waaaaaay more than people know.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
If Iran based on a an American attack manages to get a single nuclear missile out and hit a target, I would blame the American administration not only for instigating nuclear war but also for the failure of being able to fulfill their yet again optismitic goals in "keeping peace" in the world.

Exactly my thoughts. I want something to happen that will finally shut Bush up, and stop him from being so power hungry... but obviously that's not gonna happen without the loss of a lot of lives.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And so the sabre-rattling begins. This shall be an interesting week. Another point of interest would be what the estimated 377,618* Iranians living in the US would do or think if the US does indeed proceed with their planned attack.

I spoke to several Iranian acquaintances few months back about what would happen if the US attacked Iran. What would they do, what would they think? Now these people are living abroad and not in Iran because they really don't think much of the Iranian government. But they all seem to be very patriotic about their motherland nonetheless and told me that the response from Iranians overseas would be... simply put, bad.

These are Iranians, formerly known as Persians. They're a very proud people. They love nothing more than to talk about their land and their culture. They don't take kindly to people assaulting their pride, their land, their culture.

Something to think about.

*Source: US Census Bureau

Edit: astigmatism.. can't see tables clearly... doh!

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
God God somebody please shut these fools up! I use to not be in much favor of a military strike on Iran but now i want it SO bad i can taste it. Im so sick of reading all this stuff in the news everyday...more quotes from Irans leadership about a US attack.

It sounds very much to me like a country who is extremely paranoid of not knowing if, when or where a strike on them will occur so they resort to this stupid bluster.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Yes, I get the same feeling from the few middleeasterners I've spoken to.
I can understand the patriotic feelings must make their blood boil, I would not hesitate myself to enroll in some kind of liberation army if I was living in a country that was about to launch an attack against my homeland.

But ofcourse I don't have the ability to compare 100% when the Iranian regime is so much different from the one in my country... maybe they aren't so different, and the Iranians are just open and honest about their extreme ideals.

Bush kinda have extreme ideals too, wouldn't you say? Doesn't make it better that he's a christian either.

Nickh
Indeed... but I would say that in a case like this bloodspilled is in the words of the middleeastern faith "blood worthy of a martyr".

Sept. could yet become an exciting month, in the most terrifying sense ofcouse.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It is funny how everyone except America is talking about America attacking Iran. It wasn't a surprise when we attacked Iraq and we even told Saddam to get out or we are coming in. Unless America tells Iran that we will attack if they do not do something then we will most likely not attack.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Unless America tells Iran that we will attack if they do not do something then we will most likely not attack.

I think they will begin to announce things like that by the end of the month to be honest. I can honestly see the US launching an attack on Iran by the end of the year..

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
It is funny how everyone except America is talking about America attacking Iran. It wasn't a surprise when we attacked Iraq and we even told Saddam to get out or we are coming in. Unless America tells Iran that we will attack if they do not do something then we will most likely not attack.

it was get out now
either way were coming in
the US warned saddam to flee the country and stand by and let the US invade anyway

on topic

Beachcoma, thats what i get from iranians
unlike the cowards the arabs are the persions dont run and hide and will defend their motherland.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If the US attacks Iran, we deserve whatever we get in return.

You can only go around bombing other people's cities for so long until you get a taste of your own medicine...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace I use to not be in much favor of a military strike on Iran but now i want it SO bad i can taste it.

Prince of Peace indeed.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Maybe this time it will be the other way around:

FIRST a full blown preemtive strike on Iran.

THEN shortly after this a massive false flag attack on US ground (retaliation by "the Arabs").

THIRD the US has to live and die with marshal law...

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Terrapop]

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Terrapop]

Edn

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well really what else do you expect them to do except continue to warn of the consequences of any kind of attack on there country? The US do it almost every day, and as they say words are the most powerful weapon anyone has, while the US and others continue to push and prod Iran with threats of more sanctions and other actions you cant expect them just to sit there and say nothing.

Iran just like the US have to look after them selfs and Iran just like the US will react when threatened.

As for the people here who are a bit over confident in there military power, have you seen Iraq lately? You may have superior weapons and air force but all you will do is destroy there infrastructure, you can never and will never be able to take there country and there people will fight to the very last person. Not to mention any sort of action be it sanction or invasion only creates even more tension between the US, Europe and the countries in the East.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

It better not be a war by appointment. First, The U.S. wont send ground troops into Iran to due battle on a big scale and try to take over the country. If we had six hundred thousand troops in Iraq that still wont happen. Tehran is surrounded by large mountains rages. The only way to get troops in would be to air drop them in and they would run out of supplies quickly. Now if Iran is stupid enough to send a battalion of Iranian troops to the Iraqi border then its game on, Our tank divisions and air support would destroy them.
If we attack Iran it will be with devastating air power and maybe some incursions by special ops.
If any Iranian missile even gets off the ground it will be shot down by our PAC 3 missile systems witch are protecting Iraq. If radiation alarms go off in the area where the missile is shot down then Tehran would likely get hit hard by a U.S. trident missile and then the mathematician can explain his theory in hell.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Who is going to enforce marshal law in the U.S. . The U.S. does not have enough troops or police to even think about that. Maybe a couple of cities but the whole country, Its impossible.
Now if your thinking the terrorist attack a city with a nuke or dirty bomb and Bush declares Marshal law to round up Arabs and deport them or put them in detainment camps then he will have to rely on tons of U.S. Citizens to help out with that. If it looks like a suspicious call then he wouldn't get much help at all I'm sure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join