It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussing ET At Work !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Had an interesting day today. A colleague of mine gave me a CD from a newspaper with a documentary on UFO's. Haven't watched it jet. But i read the blurb. Mentions Berry And Barney Hill, Roswell and Rendlesham Forest. She said she did not know much about it, so i gave her a pottered history of UFOs and a quick run down of the alledged ailen races ie Greys, reptiilans , Nordics etc. I said to her there was a lot of fantasty stuff out there about UFO's and alot of hoaxes, but once you've waded your way through the quadmire, there is certaintly a case to be answered for!. i even cited throughout history there have been sightings and was evenbold enough to question the Bible! My friend was impressed and so were a dozen people who were earwigging but did not let on they were listening to my beginners guide to UFOs. 10 years ago i would have been dismissed as having mental health problems, but now the taboo status about discussing UFOs with your work colleagues appears to be lifting. Has anyone else found this? I think this is an important part of the disclosure process, talk to people, your friends in and out of work, at the pub etc. The more we talk openly about UFOs the better chance we have for forcing disclourse by bringing it into mainstream acceptability.

Thoughts anyone???

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Opps spotted spelling mistake. Meant to say Betty and Barney Hill!! Sevrs me right for sitting at PC with wet towel round my head and not wearing my glasses

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah ive had similar experiences, while people weren't as interested as it sounds like they were in your story, alot more people are open to the prospect.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Same here, I use to browse ATS from work when no one was around me, because I thought I was going to be label a nut, then one time I was watching a picture of the drones, I was so focus on the picture that did not notice people walking in and when my 2 coworkers came in I was afraid of what they were going to say.

To my amusement thy were intrigued by the pics too, and then we started debating about it, it was kind of a relief, even though they are not as pasionnate about the issue as I am they will ask me every now and then if something new has come up. I showed them the UFO Haity one and they did not understand how that could be fake so me with my little knowledge try my best.

So in general it feels good to work in a place were at least they respect what you like and is even better if you can talk to them about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm actually planning on doing some Toastmaster's speeches on alien subjects, so I'll have to let you know how they go...

(If you've never heard of Toastmasters, check them out at Toastmasters.org). Basically, it's an organization to further your public speaking ability. It's an invaluable tool for business, or just any other time you need to get up and make a speech about something...and without nervousness, with skill, etc.

As long as you focus on the factual cases, and laugh off the weird stuff, you're usually ok with it in the workplace it seems. I always remind anyone, hey, the military thought it serious enough to investigate the instances for decades, sometimes openly, and sometimes behind closed doors.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's sad that we are afraid to even mention the subject with our friends and family for fear of being labeled a "nut", just goes to show how effective the cover up has been. I've discussed my interest in UFOs only with a few of my closest friends and never with my work colleagues although that said I do browse ATS at work sometimes and never make any effort to hide the subject matter.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Could it be possible that that type of reaction of the co-workers has always been the same but people were afraid that it wasn't?

Could it be that all this time most people were afraid of talking to each other about UFOs and all the time they had the same opinions and beliefs?

One thing I have always found strange is the fear of a bad reaction and of being considered a "mental case" that most people from the US have. How do you reached that situation, did you saw something happening that gave that impression or did you got that impression just by hearing other people talk about it?

Being this a conspiracy site, could it be that for all these years some someone has succeeded in instill in people the fear of ridicule if they talk about UFOs when all the time they could have done it and meet normal reactions?

I say this because I have never seen that type of reaction (ridiculing people) here in Portugal, it is even relatively common to hear someone talk about some strange occurrence (UFO, ghosts and other general paranormal occurrence) with other people and receive only other points of view or even different stories that help showing that the first person's story was real.

So, my conclusion is: don't be afraid to speak, you live in a (at least relatively
) free country, say what you want and see what the other people's reaction is, some may have a bad reaction just because they have the same fear.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
s.....o i gave her a pottered history of UFOs and a quick run down of the alledged ailen races ie Greys, reptiilans , Nordics etc.

Thoughts anyone???

When talking about ufo's it is smart to leave that kind of bunk out of the conversation. The reason we are taken as fools by the public at large is the amount of complete and utter carp that is out there. And the idiots that talk about reptiles, nordics, or whatever seem to be the loudest and garner the most attention. It is not until those idiots are silenced by common sense that real ufology will be taken seriously, until then it is nothing more than a curiosity to the common folk, which is quickly erased by the amount of foolishness on the topic.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
talk to people who believe not to some that will say ur nuts.
i find it really interesting to talk to someone that knows about this stuff
but with all respect u cant start talking about reptilians and illuminati with ur girlfriend
the best she will dump u
the worst she will call the cops

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
talk to people who believe not to some that will say ur nuts.
How can we know who are the ones who will say that we are nuts?

And what is the fun of talking to people that already believe? It's much more interesting to talk to people that are not even aware of the depth of the UFO investigation.

PS: once again, that word, "believe", makes me think that is this type of behaviour, considering UFOs a question of belief, that makes people ignore the possibly real cases. We should not see this as a question of belief but as a common question of knowing what those things are.

If we approach the UFO phenomena in a "normal" way, forgetting beliefs and keeping to the facts, we may show to many people that UFOs are not supposed to be exclusively saucer shaped crafts piloted by little green men.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
there are people who claim ufos are alien ships that think aliens do exist
there are people (usualy old and funny
)who dont think aliens exist
there are people who are not sure and dont care
when u want to talk to someone start with something easy and not creepy as girls will say u are when u go too far

once u know how much they believe u will know what stuff u can talk about and what stuff u should keep to urself for ur reputation to not be called a whackjob^^
whats sad is i see most if not nearly all girls dont believe in aliens,ufos and all kind of conspiracies,they are not interested in these stuff and dont even believe we have such things as sr-71,laser satelites and all the stuff we know about

werent they the smarter side?or the only thing they are consern is shopping

ima get flamed now but eh love expresing my opinion

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just to clarify some points:

1. I believe that it is possible that Earth is not the only place with living creatures.
2. I find it very unlikely that UFOs are space ships piloted by aliens.
3. I find it somewhat unlikely that UFOs are secret Earth crafts.
4. I am sure that there are some things that are seen in the skies for which the viewer does not have any explanation and for which nobody else can find an explanation.

Unisol
Do you live in the US?

I am glad to live in Portugal, Portuguese girls are not like those.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i live in bulgaria and i hope to get the hell out of there as soon as possible
ur place sounds nice i always wanted to find nice girls
95% of the girls here are more beautifull then the bigest models
but very arrogant and evil i might add

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I find that when I speak to people either privately or publicly, if I let them ask me what they wonder or want to know, they are never put off by my answer or opinion, if I have one.

It is becoming more and more reasonable for people in general to be interested and open about "Alien and UFO" topics. However, there is still a great deal of disinformation that rules the field for what is acceptable and what is not, to talk about.

It seems to be all right to admit that you've witnessed something alien or UFO, but it's still not all right to admit that you have personal ongoing contact and communication with people from another world.

When my husband and I started giving talks about what we are learning from our own experiences with alien life, we lost people at the point of our own teachings by the alien people themselves. It's like you can go to church and believe in God and everybody there is just more than okay with that, but if you ever tell anybody that you see and talk to God, forget it, you're a whacko.

As difficult as it still is to share true information with others about abundant intelligent life in the universe, and their visitation of Earth, I clearly see the progression of truth by leaps and bounds among individuals here. Just because the media is owned and fixed, does not mean that people are not talking with people anyway. And even when somebody hears something true and just can't accept it at the moment- because it doesn't sound like all the rest- the information gets in there and does its job bit by bit.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
After I have known people for a while I always let them know I am a ufo buff. The funny thing is I am not the stereotypical ufo type. So I always get the questions. It is actually a lot of fun. I try to stay away from some of the real wacky stuff though.

I joke about it with my family and friends but when they have serious questions, I am the first one they ask!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

It is just too bad that you didn't stick to the facts and went around spitting disinformation about abduction and cow mutilation.

If you stay within the boundary of the Disclosure Project, you are sure to stay on track, cause their are testimony of people willing to go in front of the court, with evidence in hand to testify...

I can't say as much coming from other people...
ETD.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ive heard of the Rendelshin case, there is alot of reasons to believe some kind of UFO touched down there.

Witness accounts have been documented and been circling all over history channels. Keep a good eye on UFO Files, theres a good episode about the whole controversy on there.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I overheard one of my clients talking to a Mfg Rep late this afternoon.
Sounded like the Mfg Rep was trying to convince him that Steven
Fossett (the missing entepreneur/explorer) was abducted by a UFO
over Nevada. Has anyone else heard this? He is the kind of guy
who relishes life's extremes. Perhaps he's been living out there in
the desert communing with the ET's and just decided to go away
with them for awhile? Whatever the case, I hope Steve's OK.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
but with all respect u cant start talking about reptilians and illuminati with ur girlfriend
the best she will dump u
the worst she will call the cops

If you can't talk to your significant other about this stuff then you are with the wrong person.

I work at a "Hippy Boutique" other than religion and politics I can and do talk about whatever I want. When not at work I talk about whatever I want. I don't censor myself. Political correctness is a joke. If you believe the things you think you believe, you shouldn't have a problem with talking about them anywhere. There may be consequences. But do you believe in your ideas? If so what's the problem with voicing them?

Vas

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i dont have a problem sayng i believe in ufos...thats not anything big or new.
most people do too.
but i cant start talking about all the really interesting stuff like reptilians,nordics,illuminati and masons,what about laser satelites
many people dont know what that stuff means and wont believe.
one time i talked to a coworker about some ufos and 9/11
i was talking about the net of laser satelites then he told me that there was a invisible shield around the white house.
a little hard for me to believe i i know we were advanced but that sounded like c&c. still i heard the same thing from other places and i guess maybe theyr is something true.
but u understand u cant go talk to people who wont appretiate and believe in the stuff u wanna talk about.they wont believe u and think ur crazy

so talk to people on ur own intelectual level

let the monkeys fool themselfs bluhaha^^

top topics

<<   2 >>

join