It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

macrophotography of processed meat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

No, I'm sure spearing lettuce wasn't on the to-do list.

Point taken.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I agree, meat is tasty, and this stuff isn't turning me away from sausages or salami or whatever. I don't really eat much processed meat anyhow, I prefer meat I can identify with a glance, or at least guess that ground beef is actually beef. But anyhow, mystery meat is delicious!
A lot of things look gross close up, so keep your plate far away and close your eyes when you shovel 'er in

I would imagine that even you, (some of you) would never touch yourself ever again if you saw your self in Xtreme closeup.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This was discussed and actually iirc performed by a member of the SomethingAwful goons.
General consensus? The guy is a loser.
Also anything looks bad under magnification..
Note all the whining about the "smell of decaying meat" and such. Reading his page is more painful to me than he could have been hurt by some salami.

Also he claims he can cure cancer and diabetes. For $299 US dollars.

Just another agenda out of countless more. Move along folks.

edit;

Animals have rights. Well one of them, and that is to be delicious.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
jesus...that was hella nasty...i haven't eaten processed meat like that for about 1 year and i do not miss it at all..now i just dont eat anything that walks on land.
dman that was so gross..i trip out when i grocery shop and see people with children and their shopping carts full of hot dogs and canned veggies no fresh?!?! ugh

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
The black things are feces. Pure old fashioned crap. Who saw that movie about the burgers with crap in them? It had something to do with the processing of the meat, where something inside the animal would be torn open (intestines? cant remember now) which would cause the stuff to be processed with the meat. The movie was fictional...but I mean isnt that the obvious explanation?

the movie you are referring to is called Fast Food Nation, which was fictional, but named after a non-fiction book of the same name. However, you are just assuming that's crap. You don't know, and neither do I. And ultimately, there's probably no real way to prove it. Besides, there are plenty of other dark colored parts of the body, and Ive seen LOTS of those "specks" in meat - far more than I would think the legal limit is for fecal matter in food.

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
This was discussed and actually iirc performed by a member of the SomethingAwful goons.
General consensus? The guy is a loser.
Also anything looks bad under magnification..

if he has some agenda, then whatever. im just talking about photos here, lets not start the ad hominem attacks on such a trivial matter. Also, I strongly disagree with you when you say anything looks bad under magnification. I am a macro photographer myself, and couldn't disagree more.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It could be anything, especially in reconstituted meat - that stuff is awfull - although after a few pints, a kebab does taste very nice

If you take micro pics of your bed/pillow/mattress, you'll find all kinds of disgusting things as well

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You know, I love my breakfast food so I had to stop after a few pictures. One thing I remember that as a kid I loved to eat blood sausage, its so yummy but then when I got older and understood what was in it I haven't touched it since.

Are you trying to make us vegans?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join