It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

macrophotography of processed meat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
www.newstarget.com...

just amazing! I always thought those black specs in meat were like peppercorn or something... NOPE!

Note that the ingredients list of this product lists no pepper! In fact, I can't find anything in the ingredients list that would account for these black specs that appear throughout the meat

crazy!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
wow that is some disgusting *(wish i knew a stronger word) mystery meat.

I can't see how people eat unprocessed meat let alone the processed variety.I mean c'mon people your basically eating flesh.

Me, I'll stick to my apples and lettuce and such, because hey that stuff doesn't bleed.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My dad was a meat salesman for a long time and he said that if people knew what was in a lot of this stuff, they wouldn't eat it.

I do not like processed meats. They are disgusting. Believe or not, spam is probably a lot better for you then any type of processed lunch meat.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Bleh... yet another reason I'm glad I gave up meat. I'd really like to know what that black thing is though. If it's not pepper, then what is it? Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
heh, due to the nature of the beast, its really impossible to tell.

I would guess it was part of a blood clot at one point... or perhaps part of an iris?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
My guess is fecal matter. It could be cancer.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
With processed foods it is often difficult to tell what exactly is in the food to the untrained eye. Case in point we have these pictures, which show portions of meat with black specks that could be anything from oddly shaped pieces of black pepper to ash from the process of cooking the meat. It's very difficult to tell, and the source of this information comes from a website that publishes thinly veiled unscientific information. In other words, I would take anything newstarget.com has to say with a very small grain of salt, as they are not a reliable source for quality peer reviewed research. Even in the article itself the author injects his sarcastic commentary when describing the ingredients in processed meats found on the second page of the article, and I quote:

Beef hearts (you gotta love 'em!)

www.newstarget.com...

Just read through the entire article...very little evidence or scientific reasoning and quite a bit of speculation, but seeing the source of the article I can't say I'm all that surprised. How is eating Beef Hearts supposed to prove how the product in question is unsafe for human consumption? Actually, consumption of heart muscle is healthier than it's other counterparts. On top of that, the author of the article has no medical or scientific background behind his claims...just a couple of pictures that he fills with his own social commentary. If these pictures are supposed to be considered as evidence for why we shouldn't consume processed meats, then the author has done a very poor job illustrating his point.

Magnified pictures of some fruits and vegetables would probably gross out a majority of people as well. How anyone considers newstarget.com a reliable source of quality information is well beyond me.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
while magnified pictures of some common fruits and vegetables may 'gross' some people out, I am quite confident it will be quite a bit cleaner. However there is still a possibility that I may be wrong but as I said, at least it wasn't bleeding before.

Also, while the article the OP provided isnt that of a scientific journal or the like I do find their photo claims to be correct, unless of course it can be proven that the pics are photoshopped.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

So are you a total Vegan then? No fish or eggs or the like?If not, how do you justify the killing of fish or the destruction of a baby chicken (assuming the egg was fertilised) Not to mention it coming out of the anus or cloaka of a chicken of course

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
it looks like coagulated blood to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Meat tastes good, I love it barbecued, I love it microwaved, I love it baked, cooked what ever other kind there is. It's not like I eat meat 2 times a day. Well sometimes, but mostly once and it is in the afternoon.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thanks for that OP

Was just planning on a good cooked breakfast cos I'll be off to several appointments all over the place today, but gonna have to make my self eat now as there is even less chance I'll feel like eating when I'm out and about than usual now.

Coffee is my friend (no pictures that will put me of that please)

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
Me, I'll stick to my apples and lettuce and such, because hey that stuff doesn't bleed.

Sure they do! Just because their blood has a different color or taste doesn't mean that it is biologically dissimilar in function.

It is not fruit juice, it is FRUIT BLOOD!

Jon

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
wow that is some disgusting *(wish i knew a stronger word) mystery meat.

I can't see how people eat unprocessed meat let alone the processed variety.I mean c'mon people your basically eating flesh.

Its all flesh, it was all or is living...we must consume life to live. Sad but true.

And spam is processed meat, yummy.

I don't know what the black speaks are but Ill never look at salami the same again.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Make sure you always know what you're eating before you eat it! Just another reason why I'm glad I don't eat meat.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That is sick but it's not going to put me off. I like the taste of doner kebab even though it is basically scraps and gristle from a hosed down carcass. If that doesnt put u off then nothing will.

Best thing to do is shovel it in, enjoy it and don't worry unitl it makes you ill. So far so good.

Seriously though I do think about my health and avoid processed foods, i like cooking fresh meat mmm, but a bit of trash every now and then doesn't hurt. My grandad told me everything is ok in moderation.. well he's still alive!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
my philosophy is you'll kick the bucket when you're supposed to. my great grandfather lived to 97 and didn't pay attention to what he ate at all. i generally shy away from red meat - i eat quite a bit of chicken and turkey, but once in a while a nice beef hamburger is what i need. not interested in your pics. people have been eating animals for milennia and we're still trucking. don't care what it looks like before i get it. =)

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I won't go on a rant about animal products because I don't want to sound as if I'm preaching. I just think if it comes from an animal it shouldn't go in our bodies.

Meat, cheese, eggs, milk (especially milk).....have no proven nutritional value that can't be obtained through other means.

Fruits, vegetables, and nuts can, do, and will sustain the human body.

The black spots are gross and I would think are blood clots. Could be anything though.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The black things are feces. Pure old fashioned crap. Who saw that movie about the burgers with crap in them? It had something to do with the processing of the meat, where something inside the animal would be torn open (intestines? cant remember now) which would cause the stuff to be processed with the meat. The movie was fictional...but I mean isnt that the obvious explanation?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CSkys

I'm not being funny but humans are omnivores. We are supposed to eat meat.. its nature. Why do you think other predators eat meat.. its to survive, not just because they like the taste.

When man lived in caves, he didnt survive by going out onto the plains and spearing a lettuce.

However I have nothing against veganism and agreeably, most of the nutrition you need can be found by alternative means. In my opinion though, it is a choice of lifestyle and not the way nature intended us to be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join