It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Carrying Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett Missing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

I suggest you take whatever agenda you are pursuing here elswhere.

Thank you. Good day.

Lighten up a little.

I'm not pursuing any agenda, and my posts are just as valid as anyone else's views on this topic. I won't be taking it elsewhere anytime soon.

Thank-you. Good day....

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm sorry.

It is just that this thread has been up for a week now, it is seven pages long, and you come along today questioning whether it is a valid Breaking News story on ATS.

I'm sure that if it didn't fit the criteria, it would have been taken down or moved to another forum by now.

Don't you agree?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

My only thought was the need for a better definition of what is considered "Alternative News" over "General News". I'm seeing "Alternative News" being used as a catch-all for any news being posted on the boards.

Perhaps we should just pursue the topic at hand, and hope for the best for Mr. Fossett and his family.

We can all assist in the search for his plane with new hi-res sat images here.
www.mturk.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hey, it was your post questioning the validity of the story that side-tracked the discussion to begin with.

Now you want to get back to the topic.

Your verbal aerobatics rival those of the Super Decathlon Mr. Fossett was supposedly flying.

Whatever.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WASTYT

From your post:

and I guess thats what I was getting at...Wouldnt there have been highly sensitive military radar that wouldve been able to track his every movement? NORAD, dont they have radar that watches over every inch of our airspace. Sorry for all of these questions, I just dont know enough about radar capabilities and how extensively theyre used....

Just seems strange to me that there wouldnt be a tracking record of his flight by radar...

All of these military bases in Nevada(some top secret), and they werent watching his plane? Maybe Im being naive.

A candle in the light.

NORAD....confused by Chaney again?

Looks like we never should have any confusion of where a plane is or
what the flight path was.
It will be tough to prove no planes in the 9/11 families law suit against
the airlines... or CIA... well its all CT banter.

Typical of elitist government to let the homies scramble around with no clue.
No thanks the Google earth is not real time...I would have used it long
ago for trails and UFOs.

ED: How low might Steve Fossett fly to avoid any secret radar, perhaps
NORAD can't help. Skimming the mountains is only for movies and top
avionics.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

No thanks the Google earth is not real time...I would have used it long
ago for trails and UFOs.

A private consortium has paid to have new images from Ikonos added to Google Earth that were taken after the plane went missing.

The area that is being searched is all recent images.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

My only thought was the need for a better definition of what is considered "Alternative News" over "General News". I'm seeing "Alternative News" being used as a catch-all for any news being posted on the boards.

You're absolutely right, most of the breaking news stories posted on this board are mainstream stories, from mainstream outlets. There isn't much "alternative" about the majority of them.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Please take comments such as those posted above to Board Business and Questions, or make a complaint.

Those posts have no place in this thread, other than to serve as an indication to those of us questioning the search that we are hitting too close to home.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Quote from rumormillnews below:

Marathon Securities LTD- Fossett's Company which is involved with ptb circles through Barrick Gold.
The Franco Nevada Mining Corp LTD has connections to Marathon Securities was bought in 2002 by Newmont Mining Corporation. A world leading gold producer. Newmont owns or controls approximately 3,056 square miles of land in Nevada.

Could Fossett be with his friends, at the Carlin Mine near Elko. It would be easy to hide a plane in mining operations outfit. A good place for him to hang-out, while it gives an excuse for the military to look for the broken arrow. That would explain why his plane had the older ELT and wasn't activated. He didn't want it to and the press would buy the story. Fossett could be working with the military in a cover-up of what's really going on. An article said Fossett's wife is believed to be in seclusion. Makes sense, wouldn't want her out in public. It would be too easy to read her facial expressions...... or is there other reasons why she's in seclusion?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hey, I'm not pointing fingers here or anything but anybody notice how quiet Tom Bedlam has been since the search for Steve Fossett started?

Here's Mr. No Conspiracy himself and after asking me to 'dump Steve at the main gate' Tom disappears as quickly as Steve Fossett.

Far be it for me to implicate anybody but I think we should take a look at what Tom Bedlam has been doing lately. Part time illustrator for Disney, maybe? Writing articles on how an airplane caused the WTC to collapse in 10 seconds without a plasma nuke?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Hey, I'm not pointing fingers here or anything but anybody notice how quiet Tom Bedlam has been since the search for Steve Fossett started?

Here's Mr. No Conspiracy himself and after asking me to 'dump Steve at the main gate' Tom disappears as quickly as Steve Fossett.

Hello, Mr Lear... Yes, that is rather curious. Without casting any aspersions upon Mr Bedlam, maybe he has to think of something plausible to say that doesn't hint of any possible conspiracy. Pretty hard, especially after the authorities say they found what they thought was a downed plane, but then (after realizing it wasn't) they didn't want to tell us what it actually was and will only refer to it as "an object"...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Far be it for me to implicate anybody but I think we should take a look at what Tom Bedlam has been doing lately. Part time illustrator for Disney, maybe? Writing articles on how an airplane caused the WTC to collapse in 10 seconds without a plasma nuke?

Nope, sorry, I'm still here, but I've been at work all day, and sad to say no time to hit ATS from the work machine. Sometimes I forget and leave ATS on the browser when I go, like I did this morning. But I just rolled in. It's been really busy, and has been for a few days, and probably will be for a few more. So I haven't posted as much.

You're just chapped because I don't believe in a nuke scenario at WTC. Sorry. There's really nothing there to indicate one, and lots of stuff missing that would have had to be there, and wasn't.

And I don't have a clue what a "plasma nuke" would be. There's not much BUT plasma in the vicinity once one goes off but I'd have to assume that's not what you're talking about there.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

In a statement read by police to reporters at Minden Air Base, Nevada, Peggy Fossett said she was confident that the daunting search for her husband would eventually produce results.
The search for Steve Fossett is intense, thorough and highly professional," Peggy Fossett said. "Our hopes are high and I am confident of a successful resolution to this search."

Full story below.........

news.yahoo.com...

Got this from yahoo just now in an e-mail. I requested updates. Does Mrs. Fossett sound pretty confident that they will find her husband alive? I'm assuming a successful resolution to this search would be finding him alive. Not sure how she means it?
It wouldn't seem successful to me if he's dead.

Welcome back Tom. John missed you.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Looks like you've got a shot at helping your old boss again John.

Private Search for Fossett

private search effort is being driven in part by hotel magnate Barron Hilton, who has opened the mile-long airstrip at his Flying M Ranch — the same runway Fossett took off from a week ago — to search planes and helicopters.

On Sunday, a notice was posted on Fossett's Web site calling for pilots, helicopters and volunteers to supplement the search.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The circumstances surrounding Steve Fossett’s disappearance are strange. He was flying near some of the most notorious military airspace around: The Nellis Range, Area 51, etc etc.

Could it be that the adventurous Fossett purposefully ventured into some military controlled airspace and was intercepted, perhaps shot down?

Or Fossett could have inadvertently flow into military controlled airspace and been intercepted or shot down.

In either case the forces which took his aircraft down might not have known that he was a V.I.P. until the news stories broke.

It seems odd to me as a pilot that Fossett would not file a flight plan on this particular day. Maybe he didn’t want anyone to know he was adventuring into dangerous airspace. Or he simply could have felt that with the ideal flying weather that the risk was very minimal. The perfect flying weather adds to the mystery of this vanishing veteran pilot.

The most mysterious part of his disappearance is the absences of the ELT (emergency locator transmitter) emergency beacon. This mandatory piece of equipment was on Fossett’s plane and is designed to signal an alarm when a crash is detected. If the device is not working it will alert you with a tone and Fossett would have checked this during his preflight.

The lack of the ELT beacon suggests he was intercepted and landed at some top secret military base. Perhaps he saw too much.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It appears a call to volunteer pilots from the Fossett website has authorities worried that they could end up searching for others.

Private Search for Fossett Raises Fears

A private search effort is being driven in part by hotel magnate Barron Hilton, who has opened the mile-long airstrip at his Flying M Ranch — the same runway Fossett took off from a week ago — to search planes and helicopters. On Sunday, a notice was posted on Fossett's Web site calling for pilots, helicopters and volunteers to supplement the search.

While the private effort has worked side by side with the government during the eight-day hunt, officials said they are becoming worried that the latest call for volunteers could bring in people who have no experience with combing the vast — and often dangerous — landscape.

The article also mentioned upcoming Air races which start Wednesday in Reno saying it could hamper the search effort.

Have they identified the 6 or 7 other crashes that have been discovered, I mean tied them to open cases, or are these just unreported crashes? I haven't seen much other than the wreckage was not Fossett's aircraft.

[edit on 2007/9/10 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
It is just that this thread has been up for a week now, it is seven pages long, and you come along today questioning whether it is a valid Breaking News story on ATS.

I would argue that it IS a Breaking News story, as it is continuously evolving and we are all eagely awaiting Mr Fossett's fate. It is also 'alternative' because we are speculating on other tangents to the story (being the conspiracy-minded folks we are). I very much doubt, for instance, that the mainstream media would dare link his disappearance with a missing nuke!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ed Dames map of Fossett's locations..

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thanks.

It has been an interesting day for this thread, culminating with AllSeeingI trying to redirect traffic to his own thread with two, count 'em, two links in the post two above yours. I don't know if said member even bothered to read through this thread, seeing as every point he raises has already been addressed repeatedly.

Some people have no shame. It is sad to see someone so hungry for points and thread traffic they resort to trying to usurp a popular thread like that. That is one of the worst and most blatant attempts I have seen in nearly three years on ATS.

We hit a new low today boys. I guess its a sign of the times. Desperate times, indeed.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
He just copied & pasted his post from his thread and put it here Icarus Rising. Like you said, all those questions were already answered. Don't believe he even read this thread. Pretty sad indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join