It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Carrying Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett Missing

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

I'm wondering the same thing. It's make-or-break time for Ed Dames. He's made a bold claim. It's time to step up to the plate. Right now, the silence is deafening.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
WorldShadow,

I haven't heard anything concerning Major Ed Dames, since he announced he was going to search for Steve Fossett in the RV area. It seems he's not even responding to his fellow RV'ers, on his own website forum.

George Noory on Coast to Coast a.m. just said tonight he's waiting on Ed Dames and will possibly hear something within a week!

I also did not see any search crews going out to Death Valley, from here. Of course, they could have taken a different direction. After our annual Harvest Festival we're planning on heading out to Death Valley for the day. Just waiting for the weather to get a little cooler there.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

This map of Walker Lake.

Would that be a Walker like the one in GHW Bush Walker and perhaps
the very same Walker?

So Barron Hilton seems to have the Flying M Ranch at the edge of a forest.
There is a landing strip just north.

Sure all the Navy needs is a lake and some water for some of its
operations. I was on engineer watch for a sonar test but had no idea
how deep the pond was. Yeah pond, on site company testing.
I think they were measuring speed but there are other devices that do
that. Hey, pile on the devices, the more the merrier to confuse with
inconsistent measurements.

Thanks for the map, John. I came in on the second page.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Weekend search proved fruitless and further searches suspended once again.

see link below:

www.9wsyr.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Just a later update of the link posted above.
I did find it interesting regarding the point about the 'deer season'.
With no more 'fresh leads' this may be how it eventually gets resolved.

see link below:
cfx.signonsandiego.com...

WHERE'S THE MAJOR?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
At around 6:50 into video this well respected Top Secret Clearance
(Top Secret, Q, SI, security clearance)
speaker says Navy involved in desert.

Mentions Greenland (in Nevada) personnel receive checks from the Navy.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I wanted to post this last night, but my isp was down.

Part of conversation Ed Dames is having with fellow Remote Viewers. You can read both sides at below link....

www.rvcommunity.net...

It starts on page 2-3. The location is the square mile area posted on page 9.

Aerial recon is tomorrow, Saturday, 6 October. Wish my team leader and his crew well, por favor. (I'll update the Toasted Coast audience, tonight
The weather may not cooperate. The area is currently experiencing the phenomenon associated with your handle. (he's talking with another RV'er called Snow.
Snow: Indeed, we think that it was those erratic mountain winds (downdraft) that brought him down -- we'll be careful...
Flying conditions are excellent, and the snow is melting fast. Search team will be airborne in less than an hour.
A few more drinks, and I will be sans pulse
or six, or seven
Steve was not packing a parachute (what are parachute 'remnants?'). And your lack of life/field experience (i.e., age) is showing (e.g., 'picked apart') -- this is not the movies.

I don't know why Dames waited so long. The snowfall is *alittle early* but it usually starts in October.

Major Ed Dames was on Coasttocoasta.m. with George Noory Friday night
and more or less gave this information. I'm thinking the snow shouldn't effect the search since they are remote viewers right?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

At around 6:50 into video this well respected Top Secret Clearance
(Top Secret, Q, SI, security clearance)
speaker says Navy involved in desert.

Mentions Greenland (in Nevada) personnel receive checks from the Navy.

Thanks for the post Tes. This is an old Bill Cooper video. I am not sure what the relevence is to the Steve Fossett search.

He is not talking about "Greenland" he is talking about "Dreamland" which was an old designation for the Groom Lake area.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Major Ed Dames update at link below.....

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

He is not talking about "Greenland" he is talking about "Dreamland" which was an old designation for the Groom Lake area.

The gray areas are most likely restricted and we see the lakes up by Reno.

I just happened across a Navy witness to revolutionary engine.
The Navy might be working on anything in the desert... this one needs
more work:

Read the eyewitness testimony of engineer Cecil Baumgartner (p. 31) in my interview with him this year. He was representing the top management of the TRW aerospace corporation that day. The previous month (on October 27, 1968) Baumgartner and others had observed one of the detonation cylinders of the engine test fired in the California desert. In full public view, just a few cubic centimeters of noble gas had been admitted with a hypodermic needle to the sparking chamber, and this made the thick steel-walled chamber peel back like a banana when the device was electrically triggered. The collaborating observers from the Naval Underseas Warfare Laboratory (as the Pasadena, California lab was then called), who attended the desert test, had earlier sealed the chamber so that Papp or others could not insert illicit explosives as part of a hoax. Their names, according to Baumgartner, were: William White, Edmund Karig, and James Green.

From: Joseph Papp: US Patent # 4,428,193; "Inert Gas Fuel, Fuel Preparation Apparatus, & System..."

Imagine thinking a hoax... the spark may have been too hot.

The original Tesla ignition coil may be somewhat related to his first
coil that made 2in 2tf streamers between two looped wires.
Makes me wonder if the old model T Fords would have run on air.
That Tesla, he was such over design.

Back to the desert for redesign.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
With winter weather rapidly closing in and still no sign of Steve or his plane, here's a news update on his Land Speed Record attempt and his team's determination to carry on.

"team goes on without Fossett"

localsearch.rgj.com...

[edit on 17-10-2007 by TommyCrown]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

I was wondering about this meeting of Ike with the Alien King.

Did Ike have his heart attack shortly afterwards.

Because in some CT, Adolph Hitler might be the Alien King...
imagine seeing Hitler alive... wow no wonder we got the MIC speech.

That would put Nixon in cahoots with the MIC and Nazis from Operation
Paper Clip to do his dirty work like he did in Nam, only Kennedy came along.

JFK JR was coming along as well, but was eliminated before any election.

ED:Wrong thread, see this one

[edit on 10/20/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So is this story dead now, how bout ed dames, did he go back to drinking or dreaming. Any one hear or read anything from ol ed?.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Not quite, Steve's own teams are planning a week of searching beginning today.

See link below:

www.stevefossett.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Someone tells you they have a "Q", watch it, a lot of folks make mistakes with that. You only get a "Q" if you're working on nuclear weapons, and you only hold it while you ARE working on weapons, and you downgrade if you end up off project for a while. Not everyone gets a Q that works with nukes. It's like a single scope TS.

If the guy wasn't working with the innards of nukes, and most likely in nuke design, he didn't have a Q, that simple. A lot of guys flip back and forth between L and Q depending on what their job requires at the time. Heck, you can downgrade to L if you go on a long leave. Not all WER guys keep Q's full time, for example. I'd be a lot more impressed had he said he had a sigma-14 and knew the difference between that and a -15.

You see a lot of posers claim a Q the same way that others say NSA agents interrogated them - a lack of knowledge on the subject beyond TV levels.

edit: to be thorough, he could also have one if he was Navy reactor crew, but not all of THEM have Q either, they span from Q to R depending on what they do and where they're allowed to go.

A refueling tech would most likely have a U or R, for example.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyCrown

news.rgj.com...

Text# A Cessna-210 piloted by Charles Ogle that took off from Oakland en route to Reno in August of 1964 and was never seen again.

William Ogle, 47, of of Gainesville, Fla., whose father, Charles "Chazzie" Ogle, disappeared en route to Reno in 1964, said officials haven't returned his calls about the unidentified crash site.

"If they don't want to send someone to investigate, I'm perfectly willing to take a look at the site," he said. "Give me the GPS coordinates and I'll mount an expedition."

National Transportation Safety Board officials in Washington, D.C. said they investigate recent crashes, but must be sure a site is within their jurisdiction and not debris from a military or government crash.

"It could be anything out there," said Ted Lopatkiewitz, NTSB spokesman. "If the Civil Air Patrol says it's a civilian aircraft, I have no reason to doubt them. But we're not going to send someone out there on spec. We need to be sure it's under our jurisdiction."

Now wouldn't any crash be fair game for salvage and the reason why
any secret plane crash is cleaned up right away.

This military thing seems bogus.

National Transportation Safety Board.... are these the ones that sware to the
fact that planes crashed in to the WTC Towers on 9/11/01 ?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom Bedlam

Hi, good info.

Just to fly around in Nevada you have to know where NOT to fly.
Things like were the nukes are is classified.
Not even sure if a civilian can board a Nuclear powered ship, let
alone one with nukes.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Did we ever figure out if he is dead or not? I imagine he is by now unfortunately.

Are you speculating he flew into top secret govt. territory and was shot down?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

No.. I think the consensus is he went on normal flying perhaps to
land speed record project. I'm not sure of the aircraft range or
if the project was reachable.

There seems to a few mountains around that pose a problem.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

If the guy wasn't working with the innards of nukes, and most likely in nuke design, he didn't have a Q, that simple.

Thanks for the post Tom. I had a "Q" clearance and I didn't work on the innards.

You see a lot of posers claim a Q the same way that others say NSA agents interrogated them - a lack of knowledge on the subject beyond TV levels.

Here is my Q clearance number: 157-403VG Issued 8-14-81.

Check it out.

Thanks for the post.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join