It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting anomoly in this pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ok, I wasn't even going to post this, I don't have any hard beliefs about it but I still think it's a cool pic.
My friend took this pic whilst lying on a bridge at 1am in the dark, not too bright I know. I opted for the safe car park area.
It was the 2 year aniversary of the night my fiancee commited suicide by jumping off this bridge.
Co- incidentally it was also the night of the perseid meteor shower.
He took a number of pictures and this is the only one something showed up in.
The area of the anomoly is solid concrete, there is no metal or water for refraction to take place.
My skeptic husband cries lens flare of course but I still think it's interesting enough to take a look. My mind is open.

*click photo to view fullsize

ps: I'm not sure if this photo is too big or not, I'll have to see what it looks like when the thread comes up - I may have to edit it.

[edit: resized image and added link to fullsize version]

[edit on 4-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just to clear it up, the enormous light source itself is the anomaly? Or is it the lightly colored area left of center?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i agree with your husband. not all lense flares look like the perfect pretty round ones generated by photoshop.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The large light source is on coming headlights from a car , like I said, not too bright.
The anomoly is on the concrete on the side of the bridge.
I zoomed in but I'm crap with photo applications

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Could you post the other pictures for comparison as without those, one single picture isnt really sufficient

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
it's a lense flare. you can even see how the light got refracted a little (the rainbow effect.) it's hue changes from red at the bottom to blue at the top.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The concrete bridge side doesnt appear to be flush, this may have caused some abnormal reflection from the headlights + light behind the camera.

Im guessing this photo would be a lot more abnormal if this 'reflection' wasnt directly within the concrete bridge joints.

BTW Great pic, love the head light glare

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Looks like Concrete spalling or someones thrown up on it, but without the other pictures for comparison its all pie in the sky

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This one is the only pic he downloaded onto my computer but he still has them all on his card. So as soon as he comes over I'll download the others for comparison and put one or a couple up.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyJo

I think you are right, it is most likely lens flare since the wall is not completely flat.
It's one of those make what you want of it photos. The shape looks like a lot of things but it is what it is...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It´s probably some dust on the lens, and when the headlight hit spot on the dust you will see it.... just like that.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

Despite all the debunker's rationale, I think it's a pretty interesting shot. I must admit, when I saw the enlargement of the "anamoly, I noticed it looks similar to a skull. But I can also find images in clouds too.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It's Alf back from the 80's

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How's this for an odd one ? Everyone I have shown both your above pic and this one from above link says they both look like an elf with hands across lap and legs crossed. You can see the complete video of this screen capture aboard a submarine at
youtube.com...

Rich www.paratexas.com...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Rich]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Wow, interesting! Surely doesn't seem to be a glare, or anything noticably sitting there. If it is infact supernatural, it appears to be coming into this world. That's the head maybe.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rich

How's this for an odd one ? Everyone I have shown both your above pic and this one from above link says they both look like an elf with hands across lap and legs crossed. You can see the complete video of this screen capture aboard a submarine at
youtube.com...

Rich www.paratexas.com...

HOLY CRAP! look at the 33 second to 40 sec mark. you can clearly see somebody's arm!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by netron

Yes, that clip in the periscope tower was taken prior to the ship being emptied of all crew except me..so that is the arm of one of my crew.
Sorry for the confusion ! RICH

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I am not sure what the light is, but there is something strange like a creature to the left of the photo. The light is interesting, but the strange creature to the left I thought at first was some kind of rabbit.

Was it there, when the photograph was taken (Did you see the object in the left of the photo prior to taking the picture?)

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Thanks for your interest, there was nothing out of the ordinary to the naked eye when the pic was taken.
My friend had sadly erased the pics taken before and after this one off his card before I was able to get him to download them onto my computer. Nothing unusual showed up in those, but it doesn't really matter,to him it is a comforting sign that Max is still with us, so I am happy with that.
I know he is still with me and always will be, at least his memory is.

I don't have any illlusions that I will be the one to come up with definitve proof of an afterlife or paranormal activity.
just thought I'd share, it's always interesting to see pics from monumetous moments in ones life that seem to show anomalies.

new topics

top topics

join