It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Orders Media To Sell Attack On Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Cheney Orders Media To Sell Attack On Iran

www.prisonplanet.com

Dick Cheney has ordered top Neo-Con media outlets, including Fox News and the Wall Street Journal, to unleash a PR blitz to sell a war with Iran from today, according to Barnett Rubin, the highly respected Afghanistan expert at New York University...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Cheney's drums of war thunder once again......

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Lets go drum up the US stock market!

Time to invest in CNN! BTW are they publically listed??

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Time to invest in CNN! BTW are they publically listed??

do you think that CNN is not under corporate / government influence or how do i have to understand this? thanks in advance!

[edit on 4-9-2007 by EBE154]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
*Sigh*

Some men have, what seems to be, a bottomless pit of greed, misanthropy and spiritual misguidedness.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EBE154

I don't think we needed a news report to tell us this. The past week has been full of news about how prepared we are to strike Iran. I think the media blitz began a couple weeks ago already.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Great find EBE154.

A very ominous sign indeed. Certainly looks as if things have stepped up in terms of the pre-war propaganda machine. Our inevitable attack on Iran will happen sooner than later it seems. This will be a regrettable action and I pray that we exercise caution...I feel if this happens there is no turning back from the hell we will create for ourselves.

I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on this.

Flagged.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I don't think we needed a news report to tell us this. The past week has been full of news about how prepared we are to strike Iran. I think the media blitz began a couple weeks ago already.

well it was definitely not my intention to tell you the same story over and over again but i felt that it was necessary to make people aware of what is happening in front of their eyes. if they don't wake up now it could already be too late in order to prevent a new war with iran...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm not flaming you at all for posting it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's been pretty obvious.

However, whether or not you agree that we should attack Iran, I don't think this is going to be a 'war' any more than attacking Iraq was a 'war'. The war we're fighting in Iraq now is THEIR civil war. OUR 'war' with Iraq ended a couple days after it started. It's going to be the same way with Iran. We will pummel them in a couple days, and that will end the 'war'...what comes after that? Who knows.....

so yeah, sorry if my post came across as mean...I didn't mean it that way.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
nevermind hehe...
i actually agree with your position regarding the definition of war! of course the U.S. will certainly bash iran when it comes to a direct military confrontation but that's not what is important @ all... we have to ask ourselves => what do WE do if THEY attack and how will THEY >JUSTIFY< it once again? will people believe them every word once again and create their own destiny towards a NWO or will the masses finally revolt and put the global elite's agenda to an end? my suggestion is that nearly EVERYTHING is possible for the current administration if they get the people successfully behind a war... obviously history repeats itself... and that's sad enough...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
technically, they've already attacked by supplying weapons to our enemies in Iraq. But I'm assuming you're talking about if they attack our mainland?

I don't think they would be capable...especially after we "strike" them. They may not even be capable even before then. How would they position themselves? They have no real allies near us...whereas we can stage an attack from almost anywhere surrounding Iran. If Iran truly is "picking a fight" with us, that'd be like a poodle fighting a raging bull. The only victory Iran could possibly achieve would be a political victory, but it would be at the cost of the destruction of their own military (among other things, I'm sure.)

*edit*
sorry, misunderstood your point. heh I'm kinda torn on the point you're talking about. Normally, I would say don't bother with Iran. Let their madman president rant all he wants. But the fact that France, of all countries, has suggested military action is what makes it beleivable to me. We all know France is NOT on our side when it comes to military action, so if THEY want to fight, something bad must really be afoot.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Jaruseleh]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Of course the media is being manipulated by the gov., why do you think the major media outlets received letter with anthrax shortly after 911? They would have reported on the letters no matter who got them, but the major media outlets were the ones who received them, so why send them directly to them?

A few facts, the white house staff began taking cipro, the antibiotic for the treatment of anthrax, on 9/11/01

The first wave of letters were sent out 9/18/01, so the white house staff started taking the cipro a full week before the letters were even mailed, probably three weeks before anyone came down with anthrax.

The anthrax strain used was traced back to a military lab where very few people actually had access.

The two senators who received the letters held key positions to block or stop the patriot act and were opposed to it.

The first victim to die from anthrax was Robert Stevens a photo editor, who got a letter directly addressed to him, for the National Enquirer who had just chosen a few months before a photo of one of the Bush twins that did not show the young lady at her best. Strange coincidence one might say.

It is really strange when you look at the list of media outlets that got the letters, ABC, CBS, NBC, a leading New York paper, I think it was The New York Post and then the National Enquirer. If you were picking the one that did not belong in that list which would it be?

When one looks at all of the people who got the letters directly addressed to them then it is not hard to see an agenda and when one looks at the fact that the strain came from a military lab then it is not too difficult to figure out that the letters were not sent out by some nut job in a basement lab.

Someone chose these media outlets with a purpose in mind. It's obvious we do not have a free press anymore unless of course you want to know what Lindsey Lohan is doing these days. If you are expecting any real investigative journalism, don't hold your breath.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well I don't see how Cheney is going to make any more progress because Iran is already doing the job sufficiently. Iran is practically begging to start a war and we might as well give to them.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
*Sigh*
Some men have, what seems to be, a bottomless pit of greed, misanthropy and spiritual misguidedness.

I am no longer certain that Dick Cheney is merely a greedy man with an evil agenda.

There is another presence housed inside that body of his, and it comes from Hell.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
And you have decided their begging for it based on info you got from the mainstream media?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Somewhere in the peaceloving part of my heart I hope it will end up with war and that the American troops will get their fingers burned.
That's the only remedy I can think off to deter the terrorist organisation that is the American leadership at the moment.

Just too bad the American public isn't fighting those who are really hurting them...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

That is a very insightful post, and I thank you for it.

I don't think that media manipulation and assassination of opponents is anything new for these Political Mafia families. The news media in the USA continue to churn out a false division between left and right, Democrats and Republicans, so as to keep the general public in the dark about the fact that they are just two faces of the same Crime and Racketeering Syndicate.

There is one Republican who is not a part of this and that is Ron Paul and there are a few Democrats like Dennis Kucinich who are not a part of this. And there is Cynthia McKinney (who may be the Green Party candidate for President) who is most definitely not a part of this manipulation of the media and the general populace.

From my view north of the border it seems to me that the Bush-Cheney- Pelosi-Clinton posse are fronts for another group that saw to JFK's public execution (Caligula-style making the wife and loved ones watch) and, yes, the same group that caused the stock market crash earlier in the twentieth century.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

...Iran is practically begging to start a war...

are they? even though they may be developing a 'nucular bomb'
it is still their right to use nuclear energy for any legitimate energy purpose! when they declare that this is their real intent no-one should be allowed to sanction / threaten them at all... or did anyone question western & asian countries when they started having their own atomplants?! what i want to say / make clear is that from my point of view any preemptive strike against Iran with no clear evidence of an existing bomb would be illegal and cannot be justified... but this is exactly what is going to happen once again! already forgot the huuuge amount of WMD's which were obtained in Iraq?!
you should never forget one thing: right now Iran is a sovereign country with an Islamic Democracy
(i know...) that is equal to all other members of the UN. so if they decide to do something which is their 'right' the other nations have to accept it if they want or not... only if ahmadinejad says on national television that they have an A-Bomb and if he threatens Israel and surrounding countries with it i'm OK (although you should never be...) with war! otherwise it would be another war without reason causing massive amounts of new casualties... (only think of the iranian militia consisting of 500.000+ trained suicide bombers!)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Does the article metion the shelling in Northern Iraq and Turkey by Iran? Does it state the Iranian weapons and intel that have been secured in Iran. I feel sorry for the citizens of Iran as I do the citizens of America, but they are pissing on our shoes and for too long.

If they want to test their military to ours, I say so be it. Our Air Force will flatten their military in days and there is no need for occupation. Jsut beeter hope there are no nukes. I think the last piece of intel that is needed is confirmation that there are NO WMD's in the possession of Iran at this time to be used against neighbors in the event of an attack.

There is nothing to stop it and stop blaming the US for drumming the war machine, it goes both ways. One day, someone decides that they have had enough and a shot is fired. Look back through history. We are going start withdrawing from Iraq and go into Iran.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
CNN is owned by Time Warner.

Many of the companies that would profit from a war with Iran are publicly traded companies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join