It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African American Cryptozooologist? Where are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
African American Cryptozooologist? Where are they?

Loren Coleman considers the question: "Where are all the African American cryptozoologists?"

This was considered during a discussion of Mokele-Mbembes. A large dinosaur-like creature said to be existent on the swamps and wetlands of Africa.

Link:
www.cryptomundo.com...

Mokele-Mbembes:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

What does an African American Cryptozoooloist have to do with a cryptid in Africa? I don't get it?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well... I'm sort of a "Cryptozoologist" (
) ... And I'm African (not African-American or black. Yes, being born on the African continent makes me an African, doesn't it?
)

Seriously though, looking from the African perspective (and leaving the "American" part to the side), the average African country just doesn't have the funding for scientists to be full-time "cryptozoologists". There are hundreds if not thousands of Biologists, Marine Biologists and Zoologists, and from time to time they surely get to work with strange and weird if not mythical creatures... (And dare I say some of these scientists are some of the best in the world.) They just don't go around calling themselves Cryptozoologists. Which leads me to believe that perhaps a "cryptozoologist" is a pure Western title...?

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Gemwolf]

join