It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP - FIREWALL locked me out of my computer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Can someone please help me. I've got a new COMODO firewall and being a bit stupid, when I put the PC on this morning and a box popped up I ticked the wrong box and have blocked everything and I even ticked the box that said don't remind me again. Now I'm left with my wallpaper and my mouse on screen and nothing else. How do I reverse what I've done if I can't get into anything? I'm on another PC at the minute 'cos mine just won't work. I'VE BLOCKED EVERYTHING!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I don't know much about COMODO firewall, but I'm assuming it's for Windows, is that right? If so, have you tried logging in as administrator in Safe Mode, then uninstalling it? You get into there by pressing F8 just at startup before the Windows logo with the black background and the blue/green strip at the bottom flashes on. At about that point where it goes "Starting Windows..."

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
There are some posts on the comodo forums about this problem.

They say you cant uninstall in safe mode because windows installer doesn't run in safe mode.

They say they've been using System Restore while in safe mode to remove the program.

The forum also discusses a manual method of removal.

Personally, I would try booting to safe mode and remove it from the startup list via msconfig. That way comodo doesnt start at boot up. You should then be able to boot normally and uninstall normally. Quick and easy.

Best of luck
makitso

[edit on 9/4/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
msconfig! Doh! Why didn't I think of that?

I didn't recommend System Restore because that malfunction restores viruses and adware sometimes...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hi, thanks for all the advice. I managed to get back on using system restore. I'm not sure exactly what I've done, I think I've put the PC back a day or something? I'm just glad to get on but when I've time I'll get rid altogether. I have to be in the right mood to tackle stuff like this. It's totally our of my league.

new topics

top topics

join