It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a star go nova tonight?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Iridium satellite flare... That's the ticket.

Here's More

Google Me

Convinced?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Francis Bacon

No... it didn't match our findings. Still a mystery. Soon it will be forgotten... unless another eyewitness on another spot on earth could provide the location in the sky. Then we might solve the debate.

HAARP or GRB afterglow?
For now it's still UFO!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
just wondering, but could this story have anything to do with it?

does anyone know what direction in the sky this burst came from and if it was in the same area that the light was seen? sound doesn't travel as fast as light so if the two were connected, could some knowledgeable person work out how far away the phenomenon was if they are the same event occuring?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Interesting story. Too bad it doesn't tell us which direction it came from, though. By the way, that burst they detected was a radio burst. Radio is part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Therefore it travels at the same speed as light (as do other waves or rays in the electromagnetic spectrum).

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
ok everyone,
I know its while since this thread was opened, but on holloween night, i saw exactly the same kind of thing.

I was standing on the back yard with my 3 year old daughter waiting for my son to come home, he'd been trick or treating with a friend and his mum.

Now my daughter is pretty unsure of the dark, (it was sometime bewteen 6-40 and 6-50pm, my son was supposed to be back by 6.30 and they were late getting back)
Anyhow i was talking to my daughter about the stars (which I dont know alot about! but I was trying to reassure her that the dark is nice with the stars and all) and we were watching planes go over, there were a couple of stars above my neighbours house, northwards, and i happened to look up and one of them had gone really bright, I mean really bright, like a plane light when it's coming in to land, the only weird thing was it was stationary. It didn't move a millimetre, then it just started to fade out, after about 10 seconds it faded back to the star that was above my neighbours house.
I felt goosebumps up my arms, the stranger thing was about maybe 5 minutes before that, I saw what I assumed was a shooting star slightly to the right of this brighter star, it travelled upwards untill it disappeared, when I realised that a shooting star would be faster than this I assumed it was a satellite (which it more than likely was)
But can anyone shed any light on this thing that was bright and then faded out.

If you need anymore info, please ask and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks
Julie.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ceekay

I've seen Iridium flares just like that. I'd bet that was what it was barring further information.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
?

Are there any photos of the comet taken from Hubble,
the International Space Station or the SS Discovery ??

If not, why not ?

?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Friday night I saw a pulsating group of lights when I was walking my dog. It was East, Southeast from me. It was not as high as the other stars or satelites. It also seemed to have a bluish tinge, although that could have been from the night sky. I checked this website after I came in to see if there was any posting about it but, could find nothing. I also did a web search and news search. It was not a comet. The shape was odd, kind of like an apostrophe shape. It lasted about 15 or 20 minutes.

It was a starry night and I could see the big dipper further up, to the right and behind it. There was also 3 other objects/stars/UFO/satelites positioned higher up further behind and to the right at clock positions 1, 3 and 5. I had a fleeting thought that it was creating the light because the positions were similar.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Siren]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join