It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Says Superhighway a conspiracy theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

PRESIDENT BUSH: We represent three great nations. We each respect each other's sovereignty. You know, there are some who would like to frighten our fellow citizens into believing that relations between us are harmful for our respective peoples. I just believe they're wrong. I believe it's in our interest to trade; I believe it's in our interest to dialogue; I believe it's in our interest to work out common problems for the good of our people.

source

I find this interesting that somebody finally gets to ask bush the question about the super highway and all we get is conspiracy theory. At least a reporter asked the question but I certainly wish he would have thrown some proof into bush's face. "wee then mr. Bush how do you explain this and this and this?"

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
About the trade with Mexico and the super highway. I am ALL in. I think it's good that we are finally trading with Mexico/Canada. Not entirely from China. And look, these truckers from Mexico have gone thru extensive background checks, they cross the border to enter the US for only one thing, Deliver. Trade. That's what America is about, opening new doors to people who want to trade something. I am in San Diego and I cross the border at least 3 times a week..personal dealings. and I can assure you that I've seen the borders first hand and they are very secure..

first off, once you enter the area, they have 2 cameras..one takes a picture of your license plates, the other your face. then you proceed to the checkpoint..there they have 15 feet tall Xray machines on each side of the entry. They also have chips in your passport now that lets the officer know who you are, including all your personal information. the Mexican truckers have to Apply for a SENTRI type pass, that would allow the CBP to know who you are BEFORE you enter the US. So I can safely say, you are safe.

So Bush is right in that comment. Unless you have other hidden agendas, it's a GOOD idea to trade freely.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If he says it's a conspiracy theory that means he reads the internet

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Well, I am sure bush has heard about the internet. But I am not sure that he actually sits down and reads the boards like we do. the guy is from Texas, and as we know (not in a bad way) he might not know how to use the internet. I'm not saying he's dumb, my mother is about his age and she doesn't know how to use the internet, but she has heard about it. for all that's worth, I think he did the right thing with this deal. I don't understand why it would be a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

No kidding.

Fairly common for CEOs back in the 90s at least, not to be able to use a keyboard, never learned to type, relying totally on their secretaries. Doubt he does anything short of playing solitaire, or surfing Jessica Simpson sites (she's his hero, I hear).

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
About the trade with Mexico and the super highway. I am ALL in. I think it's good that we are finally trading with Mexico/Canada.

I agree with the trade but the point with the superhighway is that it is just one of the steps towards a north american union. The fuss is not that we are trading with mexico and canada but that it is supposedly one of the small stepping stones towards the amero.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I cannot see why you could think that it is a good thing. Can you imagine how our truckers will be treated down in Mexico? Heck tourists get taken from holiday and they dont have huge trailers filled with basic essentials. It will be a move to militarize all commerce you just wait and see...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
About the trade with Mexico and the super highway. I am ALL in. I think it's good that we are finally trading with Mexico/Canada. Not entirely from China. And look, these truckers from Mexico have gone thru extensive background checks, they cross the border to enter the US for only one thing, Deliver. Trade. That's what America is about, opening new doors to people who want to trade something. I am in San Diego and I cross the border at least 3 times a week..personal dealings. and I can assure you that I've seen the borders first hand and they are very secure..

I hope it's as innocent as you make it to be jedi. What are your thoughts on discussions in congress to create a North American Union, similar to the European Union? Some lawmakers think it would be beneficial to have the US, Canada and Mexico combined into the one country w/ a single currency. Good idea?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I cannot see why you could think that it is a good thing. Can you imagine how our truckers will be treated down in Mexico? Heck tourists get taken from holiday and they dont have huge trailers filled with basic essentials. It will be a move to militarize all commerce you just wait and see...

What do you mean by "militarize all commerce"? How could they possibly do that? Do you mean that the military would be the ones trucking instead of civilians? Do you know how many jobs that would cost?

I also think this is a just another step towards the NAU.

new topics

top topics

join