It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have new evidence to prove we never went to the Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm only an Astronomy student. I am not a governmert official or nothing like that. I love Science! And I have also been a Star Wars fan since 1977. I am very familiar with Ralph Mcquarrie. He was the artist who created all the paintings for the star wars movies..among many other sci-fi films. Basically, he was the #1 artist during the 60's & 70's. You can do a search on this and you will find it to be true.

Now in college I built a Lunar Model of the Eagle and I did some research on the photographs and videos..and I noticed the similarity between Ralph's paintings and the footage from the lunar landing.

Now, I've come to this. NASA hired him to paint the surface, backdrops and areas surrounding the FOX set. Yes, you can blame FOX studios for the Lunar Landing hoax. In his biography it clearly states that he was hired around 1969 to work for them.

Go here.

www.ralphmcquarrie.com...

there you can see many of his wonderful Matte paintings he did for NASA. notice anything familiar? basically NASA said, "Hey look, can you make us paintings of the moon and other cool rockets, because we would like to use them for filming".

Now, like I said, I am not some "Insider", this is just what I believe. From my experiece and studies on the subject. But if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Jedimiller.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Addition. you can also read his biography here.

www.starwars.com...

Born on June 13, 1929 in Gary, Indiana, McQuarrie's earliest influences were his grandparents who were both artists. He began art classes at as a child and through his young adulthood until he earned a position as a technical illustrator at Boeing Aircraft Company where he illustrated the latest designs in air and spacecraft. In the 1960s, his work was used in animated sequences by NASA and CBS news for the coverage of the Apollo lunar missions.

In 1965, McQuarrie moved to California to work as a freelance artist in film and television. About a decade later, Lucas needed to convince Twentieth-Century Fox to finance his upcoming project, Star Wars. To sell them on the idea he'd need more than a few sketches. So he commissioned McQuarrie to create several paintings which included R2-D2 and C-3PO in the desert, stormtroopers in the corridor of the Death Star and Luke and Darth Vader battling with lightsabers to show the studio executives. The presentation was a hit and soon McQuarrie found himself painting additional concept paintings, as well as helping with matte paintings during production.

Mod Note: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Did he also paint the mirrors that are still being used to reflect lasers and did he also paint the other radio and sensing equipment they left there?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
No he didn't, that was a collaboration from the prop department. they also built a replica life size model of the Eagle. Basically, the whole deal was like making a film. But he did paint the surface, the space, earth and all the other background elements on a matte painting..it's a glass type painting see trhu, that looks very real.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
ERR you said you thought we never went to the moon but what I meant was that if we didnt go there who out the mirrors there for us to use as laser ranging and who put the radio and test equipment there?

You theory is a tad flawed.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I never said we didn't get CLOSE to the moon..many apollo missions got pretty close. I don't know what targeting laser mirrors you are talking about, i've never seen any evidence of that, but if they are, they must have used probes to send them there..robotically placed.

I'm just trying to point out that most people never knew anything about the working people behind the curtains. Like Mr. McQuarrie.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
well...your point seems valid enough to at least respond to it, if not give stars or flags just yet. but where do you go from here? research secrets of the fox studios? I wouldnt be satisfied not knowing for sure.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
hey i like this guy lol....you my friend have made a good point in my opinion i think its completly plausable that what you belive could very well be true....and i agree i know of know mirriors or equiptment on the moon ect.....not sayin that the stuff isnt thier...but i have just as much "proof"of it being thier as say john lear has "proof" of his moon base's lol no disrespect to john just trying to prove a point
for this thread dude

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I don't know what targeting laser mirrors you are talking about

Oh, so you are an astronomy student then.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I never said we didn't get CLOSE to the moon..many apollo missions got pretty close. I don't know what targeting laser mirrors you are talking about, i've never seen any evidence of that, but if they are, they must have used probes to send them there..robotically placed. I'm just trying to point out that most people never knew anything about the working people behind the curtains. Like Mr. McQuarrie.

If youve never seen any evidence of the the laser reflective mirrors on the moon, the moonrock the instruments on the moon and other things then I would suggest you do a little bit of research before making statements like
"I may have new evidence to prove we never went to the Moon"

You think the US went all the way 'close' to the moon and never landed eh?
What would be the point of that then? A fine weeks holiday maybe?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Actually, NASA was out of ideas on how to do the landing and return until late 1961 when an engineer named John Houbolt came up with the idea of a LO-Rendezvous plan using a lander. Many said it was too complex to implement.

His plan seemed to work and they're planning on doing something similar, if you go by Buzz Aldrin's idea of a continuous transport program between Earth and Mars. (or more precisely, the Moon and Mars).

Since you have me on ignore, you won't see this...oh well, too bad.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, seeing that (according to his biography) he was hired by CBS to create animations of the lunar landing for their TV broadcasts back in the 1960's, I'm not surprised that his work is similar to actual footage.

If I were paying him to create animations of what the moon landing would actually look like, I would assume that those animations would look like -- well -- like what the landing would actually look like.

Also, isn't it possible that some of his later work was based on actual photos and footage from the Apollo project?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It is a well known fact that any moon renditions painted or airbrushed by artist were done for the simulator practice landings . There wre many artists involved and many simulated moon surfaces painted. and many models made. It was for the simulated landing practice and training. That is all.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

how do you know when you are on "ignore"?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We did go to the moon, one of my relatives, now deceased, was involved with the construction of the command module, specifically the heat shields.
He was present at several launches and had pictures of the used command modules, in their facility for analysis of the heat sheilds.
Funny thing though, is it was him who got me interested in UFO's by buying me a UFO mag in the early seventies. Around 1975 he said to me once" You know they found ruins on the moon, thats why we dont go there anymore"

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As far as the initial thread itself, this thread should be renamed in the interest of fairness as there is no "evidence" included to speak of, more conjecture and personal theory.

The last comment by punkinworks made me think though, specifically the last sentance in the post. It makes sense considering no other countries have been on track to make a trip to the moon since our landing back in the 60's. Perhaps there is really more to John Lear's theories than one would initially think.

In any case I find it difficult to believe that the moon landing was a complete hoax, the magnitude and sheer number of people needed to take part would just be too much, IMO.

Edit by user for spelling*

[edit on 9/4/07 by BlackOps719]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks
We did go to the moon, one of my relatives, now deceased, was involved with the construction of the command module, specifically the heat shields.

One of my relatives created some props used by Houdini. Therefore, he was a -real- magician like Merlin, not an illusionist.

Oh, gee, wait, that doesn't follow.

Nevermind. (j/k).

Though I now don't disbelieve the Moon landings, this is no argument for their authenticity, I presume you know. Even Brian O'Leary said he had doubts about the actual landing (at one point), and he was an Astronaut.

(interestingly, he's now living in Ecuador).

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thank you badge. for those interested more in Mr Mcquarries art. here is some of the work that he did for other films. more importantly, the work he did for ET. he designed the ship for ET and his appearance..he also designed the ship for close encounters of the third kind..among other films. he is the outmost authority in scifi films..I'm surprised some of you never heard of him...I know his work, and the lunar landing stuff, looks a lot like his work...I just found that odd and wanted to bring it up..but I understand some are still angry at me for doing so.

www.ralphmcquarrie.com...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by jedimiller]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Maybe just maybe you teleported a hot dog to the moon via your microwave

then the aforementioned hotdog sent you back telepathic signals via the mustard transitional telepathy frequencies.. causing you to have this flash of insight ..

or maybe your right
only messing with ya lol.

if they did indeed fake it in 1969 then it rings true they would need an artist to paint the backdrops i mean lucas and his green screen were not available at the time .

[edit on 14/9/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks
Funny thing though, is it was him who got me interested in UFO's by buying me a UFO mag in the early seventies. Around 1975 he said to me once" You know they found ruins on the moon, thats why we dont go there anymore"

For some reason, even though there is no proof provided, this strikes me as much more likely than the theory that we never went...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join