It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hearty Hello! -brought to you by Sandman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
To explain the subject of my greeting and give some backround information on me:

A few years back I came across an interesting forum called godlike (I only have cautious things to say about that place and only mention it so you know the backround of what I'm used to and the flak I am accustomed to being given ^_-) and have gone under multiple names there... I have been on again off again, feeling discouraged at the lack of honesty and the strange censorship they enforce at an allegedly open forum for 'crazy' questions. And TBH the only reason I stayed as long as I did was the avatars and all the cool smilies (though it got ridiculous at the end)... And I know, I know! It was weak of me, but even the greatest of us must fall short of our expectations sometimes... :-P

It's funny!

There are more governing rules than I am accustomed to seeing, but they all seem pretty logical and only stimulate real and honest posters - the only kind I'd want on my team anyway. I'm sure ATS and I will get along just fine... (^_^)

Other than all this, I am at a loss of what to say... but OH YEAH!
I almost forgot!

Thank you Sandman for giving the little bit of tidbit information that has lead me here. Chances are I would have stayed on that forum and been rather unhappy with my choice had I not seen a cleverly disguised 'link' to this forum through you! Your bravery and cunning are appreciated, 'Tim,' and remember to know that you have already won and there is no need to get emotionaly involved with the likes of those mods unless you choose to! ...And I know in my heart of hearts that I was only 'lucky' enough to be on during that time because I manifested a 'greener field' in which to sow my truth in. So yay me and my mad creationary skillz! (^_^)

So thanks for having me and providing a space for myself to give, recieve, and seek the Truth while sharing the experience of Life!

[edit on 3-9-2007 by TrueAce]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hello there, TrueAce! Welcome to ATS.

I think you will find that ATS will be a different experience than the last forum you used to go to. It's a lot more stimulating than the other forums I've been at, covering the broadest range of topics. Yeah, the rule book can look pretty overwhelming, but as you said, they're all pretty logical.

In case you missed it, check out the Index of Important Website Related Threads.

Once again, welcome to the boards

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, TrueAce

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAce

Hey TrueAce and welcome

I hope you have a long, fun stay here on ATS

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the love everyone!

So far, so awesome! I haven't been around long enough to see what it was like beforehand (...that's a joke BTW), but the lack of childish conduct and crude character assassination is a welcome relief!

ATS gets:

Thanks for A) creating, B) running, and C) being a part of a wonderful gathering point of information and creativity! Especially when other forums of government/corporate dissent are so... unregulated...
Tis just plain messy without people who actually care. (^_-)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Greetings TrueAce!! You have some good writting skills my friend!
Glad to you have you ATS.. You will make a fine member!

new topics

top topics

join