posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:46 PM
I would like to know if the below is true or not. I know about Diebold, but are all 20 facts all true? Every one of them?
20 Amazing Facts About Voting In The United States
1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies: Diebold and ES&S.
2. There is no federal agency with regulatory authority or oversight of the US voting machine industry.
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers.
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its
electoral votes to the president next year."
5. 35% of ES&S is owned by Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, who became Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, a long-time friend of the Bush family, was caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's vice- presidential candidates.
8. ES&S is the largest voting machine manufacturer in the US and counts almost 60% of all US votes.
9. Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail of any votes. In other words, there is no way to verify that the data coming out of
the machine is the same as what was legitimately put in by voters.
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket machines, all of which log each transaction and can generate a paper trail.
11. Diebold is based in Ohio. Operation central of the 2004 voter fraud activities.
12. Diebold employs 5 convicted felons as developers. These are the people who write the voting machine computer code.
13. Diebold's Senior Vice-President, Jeff Dean, was convicted of 23 counts of felony theft in the first degree.
14. Diebold Senior Vice-President Jeff Dean was convicted of planting back doors in his software and using a "high degree of sophistication" to
evade detection over a period of 2 years.
15. None of the international election observers were allowed in the polls in Ohio.
16. California banned the use of Diebold machines because the security was so bad. Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs could not be hacked,
a chimpanzee was able to do it!
17. 30% of all US votes are carried out on unverifiable touch screen voting machines with no paper trail. Bush's Help America Vote Act of 2002 has as
its goal to replace all machines with the new electronic touch screen systems with no paper trail.
18. All -- not some -- but all the voting machine errors detected and reported went in favor of Bush or Republican candidates.
19. The governor of the state of Florida, Jeb Bush, is the President's brother. Home base of 2000 voter fraud activities.
20. Major statistical voting oddities (odds on the order of 250 million to 1!) -- again always favoring Bush -- have been mathematically demonstrated