It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The name Jezebel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
In the Old testament the Phoenican woman Jezebel was hated by the Hebrews. They got their own back in a pun on her name.

In the original Phoenican it was Yezebul which means "Baal is Exhaulted" (Baal being their god)

In the bible it was transliterated to the Hebrew Ayzebel, the direct name of Jezebel today. Which means .....

"Where is that piece of sh1t"

I never thought that the hebrews could be so funny

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Way to blow out my illusions about it being a sexy name

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yeah, she was eaten by dogs.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Baal exhaulted.. interesting, Baal demanded human sacrifices, young ones, He is one of Satan;s 7 generals, his territory is North America, where we sacrifice millions of unborn babies to him,

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare
Baal exhaulted.. interesting, Baal demanded human sacrifices, young ones, He is one of Satan;s 7 generals, his territory is North America, where we sacrifice millions of unborn babies to him,

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Where is supposed to be that huge bronze statue of Baal anyway? I would love to see it one day, wasn't it somewhere in Canada? I could be wrong.

Knightmare, you seem to know a lot about this, maybe you can shed some light on this for me...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
In the bible it was transliterated to the Hebrew Ayzebel, the direct name of Jezebel today. Which means .....

"Where is that piece of sh1t"

I never thought that the hebrews could be so funny

Hehe. Oh yes, this is not the only name which has been deliberately confused in Hebrew. Take the name of the god Ba'al Sebul which means "the Exalted Lord" for instance: They changed a letter or two and it became Beelzebul which means "Lord of the Flies". The Jews have ancient traditions in changing names to make them funny. Guess it has to do with the golem traditions. That they could kill a golem by changing a letter in it's name. A golem was a beasty human servant they could create for protection, allthough it was probably the stories and rumors that the Jews could do this which kept them safe. It is possibly just a prophetic confusion around today's cloning, where the name is the DNA sequence. By changing the DNA or if you make a mistake, the result is often death....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by mikromarius]

new topics

top topics

join