It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If This Isnt >>DISTURBING<< I Dont Know What Is!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I noticed that too, like some things were cut and pasted, and touched up.

Has anyone seen the button up close yet? ((((scaryyyyyyyy))))

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Nah, it's not disturbing. This is nothing more than a nice fake. Props to whoever altered this picture.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

EEEEEEEW!!! That's pretty weird looking alright!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStarStrider

I am no expert but when I zoom in on the window it appears that the bottom of the "window" is cut off and there seems to be pixelation that makes an almost perfect square as though it was a paste job.

Well I saw that before it was blown up. To me it looked like the old man(doesnt look alien at all to me just a scary ghoulish looking old man)appeared to be wearing a bandana on his face, making an almost perfect straight light across his nose, and coloring in the bottom half of the diamond shaped mirror.

Thinf of how the old Cowbowys would wear a bandana across their face when they were robbing a bank or whatever.

I still don't see how anyone can see a grey alien there. It looks like a scary old guy if anything, I mean I can see a receating(sp?) hairline and everything, just like the mask that was posted on the previous page.

Do we no who took this photo, who's the guy in the photo, a little more backroung here might help. Is that a front door? Does it lead to a screened in port with furniture in it ect.

Stuff like this might help a bit to narrow things down. But I either tink it's just a chance occurance, and like already said humans see faces in everything. Or it's a hoax, guy wearing mask, no photoshop even neccesary. Or it could be photoshopped, can't rule that out just because a guy in a mask would be so easy.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Kinda looks like one of those restaurnat doors...

The person(or whatever) in the window could be waitstaff comming out of the kitchen...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It looked to me at first like Rift-Raft off the Rocky Horror Picture Show..

Awesome picture, I am not going to dispute it as fake or real, because the internet is known to conjure some pretty odd things.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
gave me the willys it really made me jump.
i have no idea what it could be but if it is a soul then in must be one disturbed soul

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

looks like the face of a terminator-arnold shwatzziniger? must be bored of the governor routine and is looking for some action------sorry never could spell his name right

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Someone mention earlier that aliens are all around us all the time, we just cannot see them...? That sounds a lot like what we on earth used to call "devils and demons".

It is common knowledge (or should be, anyway) that the last seventeen US Presidents were all Freemasons. Freemasonry should be kept "pure in the Luciferian Doctrine." And as the Light Carrier (Lucifer) was found with pride, he was cast out of Heaven and became satan (Adversary).

God created Man in His Image, satan always tries to redo and outdo. But he always fails, because he has no new ideas. Always one behind God, he then managed a humanoid thingy, which is without reproduction organs. Which suddenly reminds me: these guys should be mighty old, if they have no reproductive organs but have advanced onto interstellar travel, hmmm?

And seeing as there is a lodge in the White House, where the G-men Mason meet, it would make sense that some little devil would wish to oversee its little living toys, called humans.

On the topic of aliens, I think it was Ray Kurzweil that said something along these lines:

When life is taken on an evolutionary/cosmic scale, there are infinite worlds with life on them. Some of these then should have advance up to the stage where we are, while some should still be behind us. But there must, then, be some that are ahead of us, that have been scanning the stars for life outside their systems for centuries, if not millenia. So why have we never had any formal contact with any of them? The answer seems to be that, either they view us as a too inferior species to mingle with, or more logically, they simply do not exist.

As for me, I believe any aliens around us are either angels or devils.
And I believe in Genesis 1 as how the universe began, leaving no space for any otherworldly guys. Except the Muppets.

Piece of trivia: the original meaning of the word "alien", indicated someone from another country, or something that is so different from something that should be similar, that it is incompatible.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Yeah, it could be a trick, but a damned coincidental one! If this was created by computer, the artist should get into show biz...
I mean... damn!
if (s)he did this with a chair and a dresser, this person is genius!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's called Gestalt Psychology. The mind makes up what it wants to see. Either that or it's a Predator.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Are you saying we're all seeing a ghoulish figure peeking? Why is it that some of us dont see a nurse, or Elvis, or Grandma Moses? If these are figments of our imagination, how is it that we all agree what it is???

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well take me for example. First thing I thought of was "Hmm. Looks like a Predator." (From the movie) While at the same time I was thinking at the back of my mind "demon?" followed by "ghoul!", "ghost!". Then everyone started saying "Grey". And then I thought "You know what? It does look like a Grey." Now stop and think, (might sound kina of-course but bear with me) did I think all of those things one at a time, with a second or two delay in between? Or did I think of all of those things simultaneously? Can't say really. Also, in WHICH ORDER did I think of those things? Maybe I didn't "see" a Predator. Maybe I saw it as a Ghost. Which is which? Can't determine the right answer to that.

But the REALLY big thing to consider here is since it's in the paranormal forum, automatically what's the first thing I'm going to think of when I see it? Ghost. Because "paranormal" is associated with Ghosts and Aliens and so forth. (Unless I don't know what Paranormal means)

Now if the forum was a really laid back forum titled "famous movie characters". And that picture was posted with the title "Name one or more things that are wrong with this picture." instead of "Disturbing! Don't know what is what!" chances are people are going to look at the picture and see the supposed face in the window and say to themself "Look! The Crypt-Keeper!" But then somebody else will look at it and say "Predator!" But then at the same time they see that first post that says "Crypt-Keeper" and be saying in the back of their mind "You're right. It is the Crypt-Keeper."

You see, the mind also decides what it sees based on available evidence that give clues as to what it really is. That's how Gestalt Psychology works. (If you already know how Gestalt Psychology works. Beautiful. I'm talking to those folks who don't know or have a hard time understanding.)

But don't take my word for it. Think I'm full of BS? Try a little experiment. Here's what you do.

Take a room full of random people. (say 30). Now divide the people into fifteen. One group of fifteen is the Experimental Group (XG as I like to call it) and the other group is the "Control Group" (CG). Now pass out a questionairre to each person. The questionairre will include a long list of questions about things that you like plus a variety of puzzles. (Favorite ice cream? Do you enjoy long walks on the beach? Which circle is bigger than the other? Rearrange the numbers so they all add up to such and such number, etc. Tell the entire room it's a personality quiz). Make each question on each handout different and in no particular order.

Now the fun part. The XG receives a question in their handout that asks "do you believe in paranormal phenomena?" along with that picture of the guy at his birthday party with the wierd looking face in the window behind him (with a question that reads "name one or more things that are wrong with this picture, elaborate on those things") mixed in with the mishmash of puzzles.

The CG will also receive the wierd picture question in their handout but without the question "Do you believe in paranormal phenomena?" in the survey.

Then when everyone is finished. Take back the handouts and read the results. Your hypothesis would be "If the mind interprets an object it perceives based on suggestion of it's true nature, that suggestion will influence the mind's interpretation."

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Marked One]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join