It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If This Isnt >>DISTURBING<< I Dont Know What Is!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Just a question here, was it only me who turned around and looked at the door and window instantly

Looks great, curious little grey's arnt they, i kinda admire them, lets face it just lookignat them, one on one a human would kick them stupid. But theys till come and looka round, i love the little fella's and chicks...or Uni-sex, or what ever they are sexuly.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Looks like a reflection of someone in front of the subject being photographed. A freaky coincidence. Anyone remember the "All is Vanity" drawing? You look at it one way, its a girl combing her hair. Look at it another way,,,,a skull. Cool picture either way!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I tryed to make that " thing " a lil sharper

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Lightunseen]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
First off, I'm 46 years old and I have never seen a door like that. That doesn't mean they don't exist, it's just that I have never seen one. Most doors have a spy hole or something along those lines.

I've seen lots of them. And I never got why some one would want one, but they do exist in older homes....seems they were in style in the 50's maybe.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Could be the shadows(as show in posts above) forming a figure, if not it really may be an older looking person with glasses creeping around unoticed. Also, with the bad pixel quality, could be anything. A friend sent me picture of a house from a cell phone's camara(1.5 megapixel?), supposed hanunted house. When I had zoomed there were demon faces! Real being or just illusions, I wasn't sure, but wow.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Pity this poor ghost, for it finds itself in a very post-modern predicament. You see, ghosts cannot exist out of context. There is no ghost without a ghost story.

Without a ghost story, a "ghost" is nothing more than a series of fragmentary anomalies, easily ignored or rationalized. What is terrifying about ghostly encounters? It isn't seeing the ghost, it is seeing the ghost and knowing what it represents. What happens when someone "sees a ghost" in their house or in some old long abandoned building but doesn't know the story behind it? They are briefly freaked out, then, usually after they flee or dawn breaks, they calm down. It is later, when someone tells them the terrible story of the tragic death of the favourite daughter of the third owner of their house and the sequence of eerie events that followed...it is *then* that they become pants peeing scared.

We don't know anything about the ghost or hoaxster or coincidence of light and shadows that we can see in this picture. A good hoaxster would have invented a backstory. A more fortunate ghost would have a story compelling enough to be repeated. As it is, I look at the photo and register it as "A funny looking thing" without context, without purpose, without a story. It moves me not at all.

Incidentally, this is the difference between ghosts and flying saucers. When it comes to flying saucers, nevermind purpose because holy cow there's something big floating right up in the sky. Ghosts are cursed by their subtlety. With ghosts it is all about perception, because it is all but impossible to conceive of a medium in which a "ghost" could be recorded that would be at all convincing to anyone who wasn't there witnessing the event. Everything else can be faked too easily, and nothing about a ghost can speak for itself in the absence of a compelling tale.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Really, I think it's either a reflection of something, or something behind the door that just happens to look like a face at that angle. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't suggested that there was something disturbing in the pic i might have missed it entirely.

You'd be surprised of the things I've thought I've seen that turned out to be nothing more than a plastic bag stuck in a tree, a pile of clothes that look like a dog in the dark, etc.

For months my upstaris window had smudges on it that looked exactly like a little baby grey. One of my little nieces or nephews must have pressed their faces up to glass or something... I used to laugh everytime I walked by it until someone cleaned it. (I should have snapped a pic, damn!)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Lightunseen, the pic you posted was strange, so I enlarged it and here it is:

its pretty odd all together, i find it hard to believe that the 'thing' materialized at just the right moment, so presuming that it didnt i am curious as to what can make the eyelets appear as so.

another thing i find peculiar is that the figure appears to have some sort of a 'collar/turtleneck/clothing/etc' around its neck such as 'pinhead'.

i am also curious as to when the image was actually taken, being as that its summer right now (i know not everywhere, but still) and the gentleman has a jacket, sweatshirt etc.. indoors.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
agent violet,

nice work there. to me it just looks like a squarish item in the other room behind the door on the original pic. im sure most of us have seen the illusion pictures where youll automaticly see a face in a spot, even though its something entirely different? we are 'conditioned' to see humanoid like features.

and so we were looking for something 'disturbing' in the little glass section on the door. of course what we see we will initially interpret as the face of a 'Grey alien' ..

im just not buying this one, and im a pretty gullible guy,

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have enhanced the photo a bit, and removed all the color, and excess detail, and It still looks like a face(even more so now).

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Not everything has to be a photoedit. This could just be a mix of reflection on the glass and what is behind the window.

That is exactly what I was thinking. It's more than likely a combination of natural elements of the room. Also I have seen a door like this before so that avenue of debunking is the wrong one to go down.

Originally posted by dgtempe
My skin is crawling right now and i'm paranoid- hopefully it will subside.

Dgtempe you are so easily freaked it's kind of cute. That's no "bald demon" or attention-seeking "alien" trust me, it's light, shadow, furniture and the mind.

Stay seated, nothing to worry about here folks.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I know!!

But seriously, i think it´s just an illusion, like someone described, a vacuum cleaner, a chair, curtain ect...

But who know, it might be steve...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Very Disturbing! and not sure if anyone else can see it, but when I first looked at this pic, I saw a little girl sitting in a chair, I could not see the face until I backed up from the computer and looked at it again. Not sure why that's the first thing I saw, but it really freaked my out when I realized what it really was and I saw the little girl in the middle of the face. Anyone else see it?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Personally, I see a Halloween mask on a coat rack.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
what would interest me is to see what kind of shirt the "alien/ghost/demon" was wearing. is it white and red striped?

cuz i mean has anyone ever really found waldo for very long?

i play i play, really its not an obvious well, anything but like dg said, what if?

oh and the diamond windows, i agree with val, popular in the 50's-60's lot of old houses back home and several have that kind of window. sometimes its just one, sometimes its 3 smaller ones on a slight diagnal.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Freaky picture that is for sure. A couple things seam odd to me

1 - The window in the door with the frame in relation to the height of the person, looks low/ out of scale.

2 - The fact that the object in the window is lighter than the door yet still clear and not "blown out" as well as the contrast between the image and the door, makes it look like a photoshow to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think it looks like a negative of the guy in the picture. or sorta a reverse reflection.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with the optical illusion crowd. People are very good at seeing "faces" in naturally occurring phenomena where they don't actually exist, and I think that is what's happening here.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Could very easily be caused by the flash from the camera combined with shadows from the poorly lit room. It is a weird effect, but it happens quite a bit. Could also be jpeg artifacts from the digital picture. I don't really see an alien there, just a strange combination of flash and lighting.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Although I believe it'sjust a reflection that sort of looks like a face, I think it's a dead ringer for batman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join