It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Working On The Moon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A website says that debris from comets may be a danger to men working on the moon. Which clearly proves conclusively that there are loads of moon bases and hundred of folk up there (all hidden behind invisibility shields, or else on the far side so we can't see them, nor any supply missions)

Of course, if I write a website saying that Cheddar and Gorgonzola are mined on the moon, then we'll even have proof of what they're up to up there

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
The site you have referenced looks HIGHLY unprofessional and VERY amateur. I doubt NASA actually supports this site? Where did you even find it?

This organization is sponsored by NASA/USAF, so they do support them. They flew planes with scientific equipment during meteor showers to gather information. They also make ground based observations. All it took to find that out was to click the home page and read it. Here, I'll make it easy for you.
www.leonid.arc.nasa.gov...

Here's the only link on the nasa site that I could find that talks about the MAC missions. It also says any media inquiries should be sent to a person in the NASA Ames Public Affairs Office. I'm going to type up an email to see if I can get to the bottom of this.
aurigid.seti.org...

After searching both sites extensively, I still don't know for sure if they are directly working under NASA, but they do have a close relationship. I'll post a copy of the email I'm going to send when I send it, hopefully I can make some sense of all this.

To those who say they are talking about the future: Why wouldn't they just have written the dust could be a danger if men were working on the moon,? They say the dust is a danger, in the present tense.

I'm still not sure what to believe yet, but I will continue to post my findings. Thanks for everyones feedback on the matter.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I thought we never went to the moon?_javascript:icon('
')

Where are all of those people with their vast piles of evidence prooving that we never went to the moon? The statement made by NASA could easily be put down as a typo by any of these people who say we've never been to the moon.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wow did anyone think that 1 this could be taken out of context? they are planing return missions (believe what you will) and this could be what it was refferencing here by the miss spelling of man instead of men. just my 2 cents and frankly thats really all this needs since this intire thing would be explained with that context.

Their dust is a danger to satellites in orbit and "men" working on the Moon.

is a danger. ok well that could mean that it has the potential of being a danger in the time to come. Not everyone who writes stuff has a english major.

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

Ok. So I will challenge anyone to find any other information on meteor showers that warn of problems to men working on the moon. If they mentioned it once, they should mention it again on future meteor showers if thats the line of thinking.

Why wouldn't they warn of problems for men working on mars, or any other planets in it's path while their at it? I mean, we do plan on going to mars too someday. But we aren't there, so it would make no sense at all. When we look at it like that, why warn of problems that don't exist?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We have been to the moon once ( if you believe the landing actually happened
). The moon has resources that the United States would like to get to first and mine....sometime in the near future.

This snippet quite clearly in my mind points towards that frame of thought. It seems that if by some miracle the guy who typed that article somehow knew of a highly top secret mining expedition currently being undertaken on the moon. Then first of all he most likely would'nt be creating articles about it so easily accessible by others...and he would refer to them as "men working on the moon"

thats how it looks to me anyways.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Whatever that spinning platform is, I'm sure NASA or the government could not afford it, nor build it. Could you imagine the resources and manpower we would need to make that? We can barely build a decent space station. The ISS looks like a flying port-a-potty in space.

The tools needed to build it would cost a fortune also, with screwdrivers costing $60 a pop and all.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by zorgon

Whatever that spinning platform is, I'm sure NASA or the government could not afford it, nor build it. Could you imagine the resources and manpower we would need to make that? We can barely build a decent space station. The ISS looks like a flying port-a-potty in space.

The tools needed to build it would cost a fortune also, with screwdrivers costing $60 a pop and all.

Maybe the ISS is a showpiece for the sheeple, NASA is the front, and 95% of those $60 screwdrivers is actually spent on what's REALLY going on.

Can you imagine the hidden resources our military and private sector could throw at exploiting something worth the estimated value of the HE3 on the moon?

How many launch sites and heavy lift platforms are available to support such an effort?

Do they publish their launch schedules/cargo?

Aside to Zorgon
How many of these doubters actually READ the resources presented in ANY of the many threads concerning these issues?
Presented, RIGHT HERE, for their easy consumption, edification and perusal?

[edit on 5-9-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Of course, if I write a website saying that Cheddar and Gorgonzola are mined on the moon, then we'll even have proof of what they're up to up there

The cheese was debunked some time ago... everyone knows its Helium 3

And THAT we can document

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
www.leonid.arc.nasa.gov...

After searching both sites extensively, I still don't know for sure if they are directly working under NASA, but they do have a close relationship.

All NASA sites have the category listed first IE leonid.arc...THEN the NASA.gov

But on that link you have this...

Responsible NASA Official:
Greg Schmidt
gschmidt [at] mail.arc.nasa.gov
NASA
Ames Research Center ==> that's the arc in the url

Here is another sample..
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

So there is no doubt it is a NASA site

As to amateurish don't forget a lot of NASA sites are done by University students

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Essan

The cheese was debunked some time ago... everyone knows its Helium 3

And THAT we can document

Im sorry but the cheese idea carries just as much weight as some of the other bizarre ideas which are proposed elsewhere on this Forum.

Can you categorically prove it isnt cheese ?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

No not at this time... but if there IS cheese on the Moon, that would require dairy cows, a milking operation, grass for the cows to eat, people to milk the cows and make the cheese, water to make the grass grow and an atmosphere for all this to take place...

So finding cheese on the moon would help our theory

Helium 3 on the other hand can be mined by robots and transported by automated cargo vessels

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

No not at this time... but if there IS cheese on the Moon, that would require dairy cows, a milking operation, grass for the cows to eat, people to milk the cows and make the cheese, water to make the grass grow and an atmosphere for all this to take place...

All of which (excluding the cows), Mr Lear has said exists on the far side of the moon, then again, they might be producing Goats cheese

Helium 3 on the other hand can be mined by robots and transported by automated cargo vessels

Which would be valid if they existed but alas, they dont

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

All of which (excluding the cows), Mr Lear has said exists on the far side of the moon, then again, they might be producing Goats cheese

So did Hansen at the turn of the century, and Tsiolkovsky but that's another story for the Moon thread

Which would be valid if they existed but alas, they dont

Well the patents say otherwise, and so does my evidence... This is taking a long time to track and is beginning to involve some big players so forgive me if I tread softly revealing this stuff... I just found out how the stuff can be hidden, and it was something developed in space...

I shall work to see if I can change your tune...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Well the patents say otherwise, and so does my evidence... This is taking a long time to track and is beginning to involve some big players so forgive me if I tread softly revealing this stuff... I just found out how the stuff can be hidden, and it was something developed in space...

There are patents for many ridiculous ideas. Simply because one exists doesnt mean it exists or even could exist

For mines existing on the moon? You will NEVER EVER convince me of that.
It will probably happen in the future but it hastn happened yet despite the pages and pages of amazingly laughable stuff you put up.

BTW do you have any Scientific, Engineering or Geophysics qualifications at all?

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

There are patents for many ridiculous ideas. Simply because one exists doesnt mean it exists or even could exist

Originally posted by ChorltonFor mines existing on the moon? You will NEVER EVER convince me of that.
It will probably happen in the future but it hastn happened yet despite the pages and pages of amazingly laughable stuff you put up.

BTW do you have any Scientific, Engineering or Geophysics qualifications at all?

What aspect of trolling do you enjoy most?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meatclown

What aspect of trolling do you enjoy most?

I love your nick I think its quite relevant

I did hear a distinct WHOOOOSHING sound though?

Please point out, Oh wise sage, where I was trolling. I was replying to a direct point made by Zorgon and in reply asking a totally relevant question considering the amount of stuff he posts here.
If you dont like my posts I would suggest you click the ignore button

Thanks for your post, it must have been tiring for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Please... let's return to the topic rather than each other.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yes... Chemistry, Geology and Electronics...

Enough to recognize mining on the moon

And you?

[edit on 6-9-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't understand how this thread is still going...

...If I read an article that stated "High atmosheric pressures are a problem for humans working on Venus" I would NEVER think this meant that there are now humans working on Venus...I would think this means that IF people were to EVER go to Venus, the atmospheric pressure would be a problem.

I admit that, in retrospect, the passage in question from the OP could have been written differently, but I would never jump to the conclusion that the OP did.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join