It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Working On The Moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Probably talking about the 2010 (?) mission to the moon.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You're reading it out of context. They are saying the dust is dangerous to "man" working on the moon. They won't say "men" because that'd be sexist. Instead, by "man" they mean "the human race".

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
The moon topic has been on here for 3 months straight.
Modz, any possibility we can start a section moon specific?

3 Months??

Hmmm funny though I thought we had that already something called the
John Lear's Moon Pictures thread that is 208 pages and has been going since 13/9/2006
www.abovetopsecret.com...

HEY!!!!!! That meand the anniversary is coming up in a few days!!!

WHOO HOOO I will have to dig up something BIG to celebrate

Originally posted by Sytima
You're reading it out of context. They are saying the dust is dangerous to "man" working on the moon. They won't say "men" because that'd be sexist. Instead, by "man" they mean "the human race".

Yuppers thats got it

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Whatever the case, don't believe ANYTHING Lear will post here. I'm sure plenty of people will back me up on this.

Now that is a really dumb comment...

:shk:

Sounds like something you would expect in grade school. So what makes YOU any more credible?

[edit on 3-9-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
www.specintel.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.specintel.com...

So I say, give us a piece of this cheese. In the old looney tune cartoons, the moon was made out of cheese!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Um
Are you sure they dont just mean that when people are working on the moon, since its in the range of that, that its a danger?

Seems normal to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Mr. Lear, I think I recall you saying that this was a scam.

www.direct.ca...

Like I said man, cheese! Whenever Tom and Jerry went to the moon, it was...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Eh... perhaps we could have continued going to the moon and NASA may have made other missions to go to the moon that were secret, outside of the apollo missions and now we're just beginning to know about it?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mantic

adding to what you said... I think that we really did go to the moon, but what the public saw wasn't really what was there, because the astronauts saw bases, and moon structures, and they didn't want the public to see. This video on youtube allegedly shows a video taken by Armstrong from one of the missions. I'm sure this video has already been posted on the site, but i'm only putting it here for reference to what i'm talking about.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why can't everyone actually look at my links. People are still talking about us never going to the moon? We have been there for a long, long time!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think that its about people who are sent to explore and collect samples from the moon. Driving a buggy into a giant crater out there cant be good.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So you think this guy Resnick is just sitting around for NASA to build their new CEV and Lunar bull###T craft?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Renshin

I agree with you, Renshin. That entire section goes through a list of possible outcomes of the Earth passing through the dust trail of comet C/1911 N1 (Keiss).

With the comet back on its way out, when was the dust ejected that makes up the comet dust trail: During the comet's prior return of around 83 BC, give or take a century, 2000 years ago at the beginning of our year count. The dust has since made one revolution, some particles making a wider orbit than others and returning later. There is a continuous stream of dust particles passing by Earth orbit, but only when the planets steer that dust trail in Earth's path do we see a meteor outburst.

Important because:

* Only known case in our lifetime: crossing of the dust trail of a known long period comet.
* Long-period comets, such as were Hale-Bopp, Hyakutake, and McNaught, tend to sneak up on us. They are a potential impact danger. What can the dust trail tell us about their physical nature?
* Their dust is a danger to satellites in orbit and man working on the Moon.
* Dust stream could contain material from original cosmic-ray produced crust of comet.

Source

If one reads the entire section it even talks about several other comets. The third point also refers most notably to "Their dust is a danger to satellites in orbit and man working on the Moon." It's referring to every comet mentioned on the page. It's not a slip up. It's not some whistle-blower's attempt to get the word out, thus subverting NASA's secrecy. It's just a mention in a short list of possible dangers facing orbiting satellites and Man working on the Moon -- if he were there. It's nothing more than that. It's a statement made in the context of possibility. Context accounts for everything.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just to add a bit of nonsense...maybe they mean "working on the moon" as one would mean; "I'm working on my poject."

One doesn't have to be on the moon to work on it. Maybe the word moon is the name of a project...project moon.

LOL...sounds rediculous...but very possible.

*& no...I didn't read the article*

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Eh... perhaps we could have continued going to the moon and NASA may have made other missions to go to the moon that were secret, outside of the apollo missions and now we're just beginning to know about it?

Before Apollo... during Apollo... and after Apollo...

we have several threads on that

Did you know the Air Force had a project that talked about the Apollo rockets being capable of reaching Mars and Venus?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Why can't everyone actually look at my links. People are still talking about us never going to the moon? We have been there for a long, long time!

Because everyone thinks your a wacko... I mean people on the moon etc etc what's one to think?

Welcome to the club

If I had a dollar for every link I have provided by those demanding evidence that WASN'T looked at I would be rich

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Their dust is a danger to satellites in orbit and man working on the Moon.

What do you think they mean by man working on the moon??

I personally don't think there's a big deal in this. Just semantics. The author was probably making a sweeping statement meaning that the dust from the comet could be a danger to any astronauts if on the Moon at that particular time.

Well, that's just my two bits! But I seriously don't think he meant that the dust is a danger to men presently working on some Moon base!

Or did he mean Aliens on their Moon bases?
Now that's more credible!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
If I had a dollar for every link I have provided by those demanding evidence that WASN'T looked at I would be rich

Ron, if I had a dollar for every link you have provided that WAS looked at by me, I would be rich too!!

Cheers for the Man on the Moon...and that darn rabit too!!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hey Mike nice to see you back!!

And your probably right in this case... so that's why I am not making a big fuss over it..

BUT it IS a nice find... slip up or semantics it still makes a great quote "for the cause" after all it DOES have a NASA addy

And you know perfectly well that they are mining up there

Have you been to this thread yet?

BTW I found some fossils on Mars... need your help to track them down... NASA wasn't nice enough to link me to the originals.. drop me a note. I tried to get Bluebird but she's not back yet

[edit on 4-9-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
So you think this guy Resnick is just sitting around for NASA to build their new CEV and Lunar bull###T craft?

That's Dr Resnick to you.. a little respect please and he doesn't build space ships... he ummm "hides" things

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Have you been to this thread yet?

Wow! Now how did I miss that? Haven't read through the entire thread though, but will do so now. Thanks!

BTW I found some fossils on Mars... need your help to track them down... NASA wasn't nice enough to link me to the originals.. drop me a note. I tried to get Bluebird but she's not back yet

Bring em' on! Let's see what you've got!

And Bluebird's on vacation. Somewhere in the kuiper belt!
And Beth's gone underground. What's with these guys, huh?

Cheers!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join