It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Working On The Moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I came across this site describing the Aurigids, but I think NASA slipped up on this one.(emphasis mine)

www.leonid.arc.nasa.gov...

Important because:

Only known case in our lifetime: crossing of the dust trail of a known long period comet.
Long-period comets, such as were Hale-Bopp, Hyakutake, and McNaught, tend to sneak up on us. They are a potential impact danger. What can the dust trail tell us about their physical nature?
Their dust is a danger to satellites in orbit and man working on the Moon.
Dust stream could contain material from original cosmic-ray produced crust of comet.

Is this some type of whistle blowing? What do you think they mean by man working on the moon??

[edit on 9/3/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Very interesting catch. Not sure how that can be spun to mean anything but what it says.Expecting thread additions from Mr. Lear in 5....4....3....2....

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That's a good catch, what could they possibly mean? Can't wait to hear the explanations for this one.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

1................................................... (XD so funny)...................................................................

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes, I *do* find that rather strange...maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. Maybe they meant to type "in space" instead so it was thus a typo.

Whatever the case, don't believe ANYTHING Lear will post here. I'm sure plenty of people will back me up on this.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Nice find Aces. I wonder if it what uberarcanist said and just a typo. If not that is a REALLY BIG slip by someone. Wonder how long before the page is edited?
You get a star and a flag for this one.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
that is a pretty big slip-up,i just wish regular people had the ability to see all sides of the moon,even have telescopes powerful enough to see like the ones nasa has.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Nice find Aces. I wonder if it what uberarcanist said and just a typo. If not that is a REALLY BIG slip by someone. Wonder how long before the page is edited?
You get a star and a flag for this one.

Thanks

But typos are usually just one letter, or maybe one word. I just don't see how they could have meant "men working in space" and wrote "man working on the moon." I think the folks at NASA should know the difference, don't you?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's a natural step for humanity (unless we wipe ourselves out) to go to the moon and mine the resources which are waiting for us there.

I think NASA was 'looking a.' a couple of decades when they talk about "man working on the moon". I don't think they were talking about people working there now.

But I could be wrong... Mr. John Lear?

Edit to add a link to show possibilities

[edit on 3/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Originally posted by Karl7772000

reply to post by Zenagain

1................................................... (XD so funny)...................................................................

Now that....was funny. (sorry for the delay I was up taking a shower.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

I agree with you. It's a little to suspect for it to be a typo. But we do have to consider all sides right? Although that is a pretty big oops from someone.

I tend to believe the moon mining theory to some extent so I'm with ya on this one.

Certainly have to keep an eye on that page to see if it gets edited in the near future. I did a print screen to save it as is just in case.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I came across this site describing the Aurigids, but I think NASA slipped up on this one.(emphasis mine)

i'm not sure I even believe Nasa went to the moon. Look at all the trouble they have with that space shuttle. Someone tell me how the "bolt buckets" that they used back then could have made that "vacuum in deep space" trip?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I remember that lunar Halo I saw this past Winter. I feel that the moon was occupied for a very long time. Most of the facilities are underground. Not untill 2016 or so, after Nirbiru leaves our solar system, we will begin anew.

This means that we have to prepare to invest in future fuels, nuclear fuel. The commoners will have this oppurtunity. There are some crators on the moon that are identical in symmetry. That is where all the mining is taking place.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think they meant in the future. Men working on the moon. I mean there are all kinds of "said plans" to go back to the moon, either to explore more or put some kind of advertising on it. Hell they are talking about it commercially too. So that statement meant that in the future these comets can be hazardous to "man working on the moon"

thats how i read it.

BUT i wouldn't put it pass the government to have someone up there already.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Optix]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The moon topic has been on here for 3 months straight.

Modz, any possibility we can start a section moon specific?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
I think they meant in the future. Men working on the moon. I mean there are all kinds of "said plans" to go back to the moon, either to explore more or put some kind of advertising on it. Hell they are talking about it commercially too. So that statement meant that in the future these comets can be hazardous to "man working on the moon"

thats how i read it.

BUT i wouldn't put it pass the government to have someone up there already.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Optix]

You are misinformed my young fellow. We are on the moon. Always have been. For years now. Many , many years...
. Do the research, have fun with it!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
From what I can gather reading the article, it seems like they are concerned with the 'here and now' - the 2007 event, rather than in some distant future when man officially begins work on the Moon.

Either the article was poorly written/organized, or it was a major slip-up. The reference to "man working on the Moon" appears under the .ing: THE 2007 AURIGIDS AT A GLANCE. The comment is point 3 under the .ing "Important because:" which is a subsection of the discussion on the Aurigids. One has to assume that the point is in reference to the 2007 event.

If it refers to any long period comet (as in point 2 under "Important because:") it should not be listed in the Aurigid points. Also I would like to mention that point 1 in that section begins with "Only known case in our lifetime."

They're either saying that man will never officially work on the Moon in our lifetime, or man is already there and the September 1, 2007 event posed a danger to people on the Moon's surface.

[edit on 3/9/07 by Evasius]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
"Only known case in our lifetime."

That does appear to be quite a telling phrase. Of course, perhaps they are talking about things that need to be taken into account when planning for our presence on the moon far in the future.

It's just a bizarre comment.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

www.leonid.arc.nasa.gov...

Important because:

Only known case in our lifetime: crossing of the dust trail of a known long period comet.
Long-period comets, such as were Hale-Bopp, Hyakutake, and McNaught, tend to sneak up on us. They are a potential impact danger. What can the dust trail tell us about their physical nature?
Their dust is a danger to satellites in orbit and man working on the Moon.
Dust stream could contain material from original cosmic-ray produced crust of comet.

Is this some type of whistle blowing? What do you think they mean by man working on the moon??

When I read what you quoted, I could have read it as it being a condition for 'man working on the moon' in the context as if man were ever to 'work on the moon'

After reading the page, it is very evident that it is referring to the 2007 even, thus making the context to be in the present.

So I guess we got a man working on the moon. He must be makin' cheddar.

If we were to believe some of the testimony floating on the net from people in thier related fields who would let certain things things slip by, due to their consciousness or what ever, could be a 'whistle blower'. Or it could be them fools throwing that in there to see who would make something out of it first.

It's 50/50 thing.

Do you beleive that there are people working up there, that we ever made it at all? I mean there is an issue that a lot of the pictures were faked. Does that mean we never went, or that we went and they couldn't show what was really going on. So they got hollywood.

What about all those pics floating around with all kinds of structures up there? Why are those all the pictures that we have? Why did they allegedly 'let go' the only machines in the world that could play them back in their original format?

Do I believe we have 'man working on the moon'? Probably.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join