It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "look" of UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You all ever notice that pixes of UFOs in 1940s-1960s had an entirely different look to what we see in the skies today? The early UFOs pixes were mostly saucers or discs...most often shiny silver. Today we are seeing all kinds of bizzare and advanced stuff....Vs, triangles, glowing orbs, and morphing what nots. It's kind of like the UFOs of the 50-60s looked like the style or flavor of the times even though they were way advanced. And that is what we see now. It's like watching the original Star Trek of the 1960s...it looks like the 1960s but still depicts fantastic technology. Now look at the new Star Trek shows and compare those to UFOs being seen....the UFOs "fit" into what looks like in the here and now. OK I hope I am making sense. Mind you we STILL see the older traditional flying saucers from time to time. It could be that over 40 to 50 years their technology has advanced just as ours has..It just seems to me UFOs seen in the 50-60s look like they belong in the 50s and 60s and the stuff we see now belongs in this era. So many take offs on this is possible from UFOs are our technology and it is advancing, the ETs tech is advancing too or the ETs are really time travellers...that whole UFO depictions in cave art and midieval art and all. What are your all thoughts on this?

---Matty (mattywhelz)

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My thoughts are that what we have seen since the late 1930's are man-made UFO's...
Granted, if ET's are visiting us then some sightings could be greys or whatever -
but I definitely agree with you that over the last few decades the overall look of UFO's has gone through a styling change that in my opinion reflects an evolution in technology - something you would not expect of travellers from hundreds of lightyears away...

This is something I had considered posting and in fact could be a pretty good research project...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
certainly most black triangles are ours.

There's an Area 51 site (not pro-ET) with experienced aviation watchers who have seen a "stealth fighter plus", a plane which looks like a large F117 (confirmed by seeing it with a F-15 simultaneously, and finding it significantly larger). (This would NOT be aurora!)

My take is that it was the Lockheed counterpart to the Northrop B2. No doubt both submitted a proposal. I wonder whether both in fact actually got funded in production, and only one acknowledged. Very clever.

Also note how the USAF is adamantly against buying any more B2's even though the need for stealth bombing is pretty high.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Perhaps it's because we have gotten better software and more abilities to fake pics and make them look as advanced as we want them to.

That's my skeptic side speaking

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Maybe they just changed the style. Look at cars 50 years ago and compare them to today's cars, they're completely different but still have the same basic shape.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattywhelz
You all ever notice that pixes of UFOs in 1940s-1960s had an entirely different look to what we see in the skies today? The early UFOs pixes were mostly saucers or discs...most often shiny silver. Today we are seeing all kinds of bizzare and advanced stuff....Vs, triangles, glowing orbs, and morphing what nots.

---Matty (mattywhelz)

I think in 1940-1960 the goverment found their first UFO.

And after that they started to upgrade on that UFO and modifing it.

That is why I think the UFO of today look different from 1940s.

I accualy think the goverment only found one or two UFO in 1940 and after that there is no more REALLY UFO it is just goverment advanced aircraft that they dont want to show to the public yet so the public will not freak out.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't say they've gotten more advanced. Foo fighters were primarily balls of light even 60 years ago, not just disk shapes. If anything, the length of time of spotting them has allowed for greater variety of reports, pictures, and video.

The one thing that has changed is the variety of aliens being seen. It has gone from creatures of all types, shapes, and sizes, to primarily the grey-type with slight variations. It could be that we were more interesting a few decades ago and now we're left with whatever beings have the most to do with this planet.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
From what I can see, UFO types HAVEN'T changed all that much since the beginning. Certainly new types have appeared but all shapes and sizes are still being seen.

Well fact is, most reported UFOs are glowing objects or lights. These triangular craft have surged of late, but the typical saucer shape is also being sighted more and more. www.nuforc.org...

I think it's possible that these black triangles might be created by humans using alien tech, because the shape and look of them seem in line with our designs (SR-71, F-117, ect). The saucers, tiny orbs, and giant cigar shaped things.....I don't think so.

I just don't get how someone could still think that all UFOs are human made. There's mountains of GOOD evidence to blow that theory out of the water.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yeah the older ones do look pretty clunky, while today's are all smooth and sleek. The other crazy stuff is being reported cause people are more accepting of people saying they saw these kinds of things. If i saw a morphing orb of light back 80 years ago I was insane!, today people are like COOL!

top topics

join