It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you like your alien to look?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
if aliens are hideos then maybe its better if they make them selfs look like really attractive people.
i mean admit it u will always prefer the good lookin girl/boy(girl for me)
even if we know theyr hideos we will be more comfortable if they look like us, so dont lie ot ur self

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
well for me.. i prefer they are natural .. means.. they look as they are what they came from.

but yes.. i would be quite disturbed and startled.. but thats a common reaction.. if they come cautious.. then it will be easier for me to try communicate them. and yes.. i prefer them friendly then hostile with manipulative intentions

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Alright ,if i should choose a form/look..i'd go for the A.I movie ET's(the ones in the end) ,they really looked like they cared and was of a "superior" race and friendly.

They were emotional to a robot that purely resembled a human ,so it could mean that to see/discover any human resemblance was an amazing achievement and satisfaction to this race,to see a human form...they cared imo...

Then that was just a movie but Spielberg created my favourite alien race..

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My perfect alien? Hmmmm.....

Well, how about an organic, metallic being, seven to eight feet tall, impossibly broad in the shoulder, heavy with pnuematic muscles and visible veins coursing with mercurial blood?

Maybe we could also include, beneath a crested dome of a skull, an impassive, noble face, almost featureless but with sufficient expression that lets you know in no uncertain, but kindly terms, that humans are, very definetely a young and as yet, inferior species.

Let's add to that the hands of a surgeon, the eyes of the kindest sage, and
wisdom that could only come from a society that has passed beyond intelectual struggle and physical conflict.

Can you tell I read sci fi?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Eesh beamish, would you really? Now what if I am asking this because the one that came to me in the first post asked me to ask this question? And furthermore want to get a good idea of what people really want to see, what they will feel most comfortable with? Oh course my reply would have been, "But ATS?, why there?" and the response would be something like this..."Because ATS has such a wide variety of various individuals."

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Like Sylvester Stallone, because that would be funny.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Good question. I would not want the alien to look human, wheres the fun in that? I want to believe that we are really young(and\or stupid) in the overall scheme of the universe, and there is a multitude of different beings and different species, all identifable by how they look. For the first one I see though... Wookie; big and hairy, but still impressive and intimidating at the same time.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This is how they look to me in my 3d mind.. I mean these this guy is from another world.. I cant relate with him at all..
They could be some forms we cant even pick up on.. Like out of our wave band.. You know the electromagnetic spectrum reveals the narrow range of radiation. visible to mans eye. Visible light is like a small sliver in the electromagnetic spectrum! They could look like anything really! Kewl thread!!

But I know that other life out there is so obscure, and out of our leage that if I was to tell you.. the horror you would feel would be to much.. So it will be an alien in the shape of a icecream Taco!!!! (southpark)

This brings up a great point.. Prehaps some can look like what ever we think of them to be..

[edit on 5-9-2007 by zysin5]

[edit on 5-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amon Goeth
Like Sylvester Stallone, because that would be funny.

Thats very nasty, I wouldnt wish that upon anyone, but as were in the mood, how about Sylvester Stalones mum ??

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ya know Draenei?

That would look cool"!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If I could really choose what one would look like it would have to be Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden in the early years with his long hair and short fringe, perhaps about 5 inches taller. I think I'd still faint clean away but it would be worth it. ..sigh.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Probably something like the Hork-Bajir from the Animorph series. All that hack 'n slash stuff.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Whoever alien comes to me, or says that he is something, I cannot believe him because reptilians can shapeshift into anything.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hehehe, some very funny choices! I especially liked the taco and the idea about the different type of physics that we cant eve see because it falls into a different wave whatever than we can actually catch with our vision.That is really cool and if that were so they could be walking around me right now....I like that a lot!
I did party with Stallones mum years ago at the UFO expo in L.A. She is beautiful and very cool, for her age even the young good looking guys bowed to her in awe and reverence...Coincidence I was thinking of them both just yesterday?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Antar's avatar works for me. Change to deep purple lustrous skin, long bright red shiny hair, cute little Spock ears, red fingernails, lush eyelashes, silver extended eye shadow, perky, pouty, interested. I believe she is out there somewhere. It's just a matter of time.

Might have to change my pic back to my dog, Moses. He's a chick magnet. (I know I shouldn't say 'chick,' but 'woman magnet' sounds like something to stick on my refrigerator. My apologies.) Anyway, he likes girls and can get away with anything. He'll go up and sniff them and they say he's so cute. If I did that I'd wind up in jail. Life is so unfair. Anyway, with Moze as bait I'm sure it won't be long.

[edit on 9/5/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well, I'd love to think that anybody would want my opinion about how an alien would look!

In all seriousness, to me it really doesn't matter what an alien would look like. Just the thought of seeing an extraterrestial, in the flesh (or whatever!), would simply be the most mind boggling and humbling experience.
Wishing a visitor to our world to have a certain appearance that fits into accepted, and even agreeable, parameters is, in my opinion, almost bordering on the arrogant.
What happens if they don't meet our ideals? Will we simply practice our age old hobby of being racist, or perhaps that should be speciesist, against the newcomer?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I don't want an alien to look like anything.
I'd rather it look like what it was born to look like, than some fantasy creature I've imagined.

I HOPE that whatever aliens are out there, that wish to cause us harm, have frail bodies, so I can slash one's throat though. I'd be pretty pissed if they were half a mile tall.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I would like mine to look like Mel Gibson, NAKED!

Oh Baby! Take me to the stars!!!!!!

;-D

Signed,
A kid at heart

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I like the love making scene from "Cocoon". The light energy play was brilliant.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If anything was to happen in the future, it would be good to let the aliens know what we will be most comfortable with as far as how they should appear to us at first. I am certain that in time as people realize that they are not all malevolent, people would be more comfortable with how they really do look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join