It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Native Skulls in Central America and the ET connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I havent found this issue discussed anywhere? Is it just me?

I was born in Costa Rica. Therefore I am alwys interested in anything having to do with Central American and South American culture and history. I have read about the elongated skulls of many of the native Central and South American peoples.
Elongated skull of ancient peoples, and the different kinds:

Skull#1:

Skull#2:

It has been observed there were many characteristics attributing to the elongation of their skulls. Has it ever been realized in any form that there may be an extraterrestrial connection? The reason I bring this up is seemingly obvious to me. The elongated skulls are nearly identical to the popular comedy "coneheads". Now I in no way believe that the "coneheads" movie has any intrinsic value in this phenomena, however there must be some reason people tend to think of this sort of physical attribute as "extraterrestrial". The artist's renditions and questionable photographic proof we have of the "greys" tends to dictate they have large and slightly elongated skulls. Does anyone know of any "reputable" information on possible hybrid DNA, or any other form of proof to make a connection between the larger elongated skulls of these ancient peoples? Isn't it fair to wonder if they were hybrids of some sort. At the very least, this could lend some validity to the entire UFO movement.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have read that Aten, the monotheistic pharoah of ancient Egypt, had such a skull. Several other royal persons may have as well, don't know. There is a guy who wrote a book about his theory that Aten may have been an ET. Can't rememeber the name of the author.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thats very interesting. Indeed it is possible that the skulls could be extraterrestrial, but the skulls already have a lot of factual support behind them claiming that they are from earth. So thats how its going to stay, until there is some sort of proof that skulls are not from humans.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It`s called cranial vault modification, although sometimes it`s simply called "skull binding". The former is more common usage though, although the practice seems to have been fairly limited.

It`s something like the foot binding they practiced in China. From infancy, the child would have their skull bound to a board (or another shaped object). As they grow, the skull takes the form of the object.

There`s quite a lot of academic research on the practice, but unfortunately most of it seems to be subscription only. Here`s something to get you started though...

studentwebs.coloradocollege.edu...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Its a lot more common than you'd think. There are tribes in Africa that also bind to change the shape of different parts of there body's. A recent find of some skeletons belonging to the Gallina culture have also been found. There is a theory that this group was exterminated because of their difference to other cultures in that region.

Gallina culture

In particular, the skulls of two of the victims have an "unusual" flattened shape that has never been seen before in the Southwest, the experts said.

Such signs of a distinctive culture may help explain why the group was so plagued by violent conflicts with neighboring groups.

Much as i'd like to believe they were ET's im afraid its a bit more mundane than that.

mojo

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
It`s called cranial vault modification, although sometimes it`s simply called "skull binding". The former is more common usage though, although the practice seems to have been fairly limited.

Yep!

Native Americans practiced a lot of skull binding on infants. It was very common among the Maya (they liked nice flat foreheads) and so shaped skulls are very common. You can easily do it if you start wrapping the baby's head at an early age.

This article has a picture of a modern person from a tribe that still practices these things:
wiki.bmezine.com...

top topics

join