It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commodity of value during crash/chaos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am in agreement with both angles. I first implemented the food stores rotation as described by Wyrde One. I later implemented the metals which have performed rather nicely of late. As I've stated before, there really aren't too many negatives when it comes to preparation. There are just priorities. Food & Ammo 1st.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Two valuable items would be tobacco and alcohol. What crazed, unprepared survivor wouldn't want a last smoke or a few shots?

Jules

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Pre 1972 cars with distributer caps that run after a nuclear emf fries all modern cars would be worth a fortune. Lots of spaghettios and raviolis a given. Blankets, medicine, and water. Water probably being one of the highest prized. My ex girlfriends parents were Mormons. It is drilled into them to save huge amts of water in containers by adding a few drops of bleach into them and storing in darkness. At least thats what she told me. I'd keep a few fresh 55 gl containers in emergency. If electronic fry, their will still be enough pressure in the lines for the first 6 or so hours to get a few hundred gallons. Guns, ammo a given. Crank radios load up. Flashlights batteries. Think of what you would need if you were going camping. Even the Feds say make yourself reliant for up to three weeks. You can always flush the toilet with a pail of water. Oh ya, note to self, more tp. lol. It was a trip riding out the 3 day blackout up here in the NE. I kept trying to flip on the lights even after the second day I am so Pavlov'd. I was on vacation during that time, first thing I did when I heard on 'am', fm was dead that it wasn't localised but multistate was run out and buy 5 bags of ice. Threw it in the freezer and fridge and didnt' lose a thing. Even made coffe with an old percolator and cooked meals on my gas grill. Oh ya, buy a percolator if you like coffee.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
LOL jm8 the nwo tailgating party. Party on Garth!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I was reading a number of articles a few years back on how t protect yourself from radiation. From what I read the first three to four weeks are crucial. The radioactive fallout that covers your roof will be sending out many rads. Basement will be a given. It was further explained what materials would be of most value. First you'd need a very sturdy stucture, I have a circa 1920 executive desk with enough room in the chair well to pretty much sleep. You'd want to park that against a basement wall. So the earth can be one part of barrier, underneath steps ideal. Mounds of paper, lead, stacked on top can be rudimentary but somewhat effective barrier. I read water was an excellent barrier. So If I had the money I'd spring for a either a bomb shelter, first choice, or a construct a rebar concrete enslosure under basement steps maybe 4'x8' and put my 55 gl barrels on top of it ready to fill.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
America is one of the few countries that don't have major underground contingency plans for their populations. Except of course for all the tie wearing lieing bastards on the hill that make our political science decisions for us. In Israel personal bomb shelters for the wealthy are going in like wildfire. Hmm 'wildfire', I made a funny. Wish I could laugh.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kendwell
.22 shells would be very good trading item. Garden seed enough for three years, fertilizer, canning jars, lids, and canner. kitchen wood stove with hot water capacity. Deep well hand pump. short wave radio with solar panel to run.

I can just imagine buying large supply of amunition and fertilizer, the ATF would be kicking in my door like the guy in South Bend. He bought ammo for just this reason, the government came and drafted all the bullets he had.

www.whas11.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
When all the NWO's dig into their billion dollar government made shelters, we need to do one thing before the end comes.

Burry all the exits so they never get out.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Amen Redge. I was going to mention something about air intake vents but thought better of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Get some kind of rad away. radiation is held real well in Iodine. So making sure your body is topped off with idone pills makes new bad iodine to be flushed out of your system and not stored in Throid. This is a big area of post rad sickness.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Redge. I had forgotten about that.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Antibiotics, and drugs ranging from recreational to medicinal would be of value i assume.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
just for pure bartering power...luxury items would be my thoughts....Chocolate, wine, whiskey, smokes, coffee...man people will give just about anything for a little something that can make things seem almost normal again...even if for only a little while.

That would that would have to be extreme.

but hell I make mead and read a story about and old guy that would bury it and every few years would trek back up the mountain to drink a bottle that he buried...cache it for a different purpose if you have a planned getaway place and leave it for a while until the demand excedes the supply.

If everyone is selling guns and ammo and you have the only place a guy can go and relax to get a cup of java after shooting looters all day...Well me thinks you would have something

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think most importantly one should purchase land ASAP. And immediately develop a farm there. Also if one hopes to be able to move quickly, they should purchase a car that is convertible to biodiesel. You can get an 85 mercedes diesel for around $2000, and convert it for around $1000. Next issue is getting its new fuels, vegetable oils, these likely can be purchased cheaply from local restaurants or just taken from their back entryways.
Henry Kissinger quoted, "Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world." So we've covered the food and energy problem mostly, and in the time of X, these will be analogous to today's money value.

I also think it would valuable to own a large hunting dog. They could attack or warn of potential invaders, and more importantly could kill animals for both of your food.

I believe time X, meaning a large-scale catastrophic event is inevitable. IF you've seen any of Alex Jone's documentaries () your aware of the biological and nuclear warfare plans. Biological should hit first, and this is my most reason contemplation. What would be the best method to protect yourself from a viral outbreak? Obviously seclusion, being that the disease couldn't travel to you, would be most rational. Next would be some type of physical barricade to border off your home/location from incoming contaminations.
Bioweaponry is a serious concern for me now. Over the course of the last 5 years, the leading microbiological scientists have all been suspiciously dying off. The theory goes that they have all been assassinated because they were the ones who created the vaccinations and sometimes even the new diseases. Meaning that they were the only ones with knowledge to create a healing agent in distress. Steve Quayle covers the dead scientists at . Theories have warned of ebola and HIV as being the future pandemic diseases. Any of you heard of other specific diseases planned to be used by the NWO?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Gold and guns sound really good and I have my supply stashed, but how about some practical items such as:

Cigarettes, toothpaste, salt, toilet paper, spare rechargeable batteries, razors.....

The little creature conforts will have more of an impact with most traders than will extra ammo.

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by julesmac8

You got to it before me. In Situation X, you don't want to be weighed down if you are in any kind of civilization. You want to get away from people.

Tobacco, Alchohol, and Firearms.... just like the agency.
These things will have more bartering value than anything else. Antibiotics are also very useful. Illegal drugs will become like diamonds...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join