It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God & Jesus.Are They One & The Same?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
On The Other Hand:

BODY

• JESUS
  • Id
  • Subconscious
  • Dust/clay
  • Me
  • H120 'âdâm
    From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
  • G4983 sōma
    From G4982; the body (as a sound whole), used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively: - bodily, body, slave.

SOUL

• CHRIST
  • Ego
  • Conscious
  • Silver
  • Myself
  • H5315 nephesh
    From H5314; properly a breathing creature, that is, animal or (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental): - any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead (-ly), desire, X [dis-] contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart (-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortality, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-) self, them (your) -selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.
  • G5590 psuchē
    From G5594; breath, that is, (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from G4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from G2222, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew [H5315], [H7307] and [H2416]: - heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

SPIRIT

• GOD
  • Superego
  • Superconscious
  • Gold
  • I
  • H5397 neshâmâh
    From H5395; a puff, that is, wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect or (concretely) an animal: - blast, (that) breath (-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit.
  • G4151 pneuma
    From G4154; a current of air, that is, breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively a spirit, that is, (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christ’s spirit, the Holy spirit: - ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare G5590.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whirlwind

Thank you for your reply and your praise.

I never try and get people to deny their faith,i try and get them to expand their minds on what they already believe!

Like you,the Trinity does not play a great part in many people's lives.But as the Catholic faith is the leading Christian faith in the world,and has been a large part of my life,i think people need to look beyond their age old doctrines.Especially as we now live in a world were you can't be burned for being a "heretic."

Maybe because i am a "non-believer" it doesn't matter if Jesus was the Son of God or not.But the way i look at the evidence it suggests he was just a man.If he was a messiah,either an anointed King,Priest or Prophet,most likely a prophet,suggests something.I mentioned it in another thread.If Jesus was a prophet then he was unique,because as far as i know,no other "respected" prophet ever claimed to be the "only begotten son of god."Monarchs were usually the ones to claim divinity.

So,if Jesus was "acting" human for a very short span of time(when you think how long Adam,Moses,Abraham & others lived),to me,it does not take away the power of his message.Jesus wanted people to live as one,yet the Church corrupted that message.And now,in the modern world,people believe in the churches' idea of Jesus,not Jesus himself!!

[edit on 11-9-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I'm almost with you there...(still reading)....lol.

I usually get condemned for daring to question God.But i don't do it out of arrogance,pride or ego.I do it because God is the one with the answers of truth!! God should know more than anyone that we have to take responsibility for who we are and what we do!!

Parents have to take responsibilty for their children.In the "civilised" world its the law.why should God be exempt??

""""Perhaps it is more a case of there being 'temptations' and 'opportunities' for being tyrannical;""""

Did God not give into the temptation of making a being in his image??
And like some parents do,he became a tyrant?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Maybe because i am a "non-believer" it doesn't matter if Jesus was the Son of God or not.But the way i look at the evidence it suggests he was just a man.If he was a messiah,either an anointed King,Priest or Prophet,most likely a prophet,suggests something.I mentioned it in another thread.If Jesus was a prophet then he was unique,because as far as i know,no other "respected" prophet ever claimed to be the "only begotten son of god."Monarchs were usually the ones to claim divinity.

So,if Jesus was "acting" human for a very short span of time(when you think how long Adam,Moses,Abraham & others lived),to me,it does not take away the power of his message.Jesus wanted people to live as one,yet the Church corrupted that message.And now,in the modern world,people believe in the churches' idea of Jesus,not Jesus himself!!

Jakyll, I don't know if you are a true "non-believer" or in actuality are more of a seeker, looking for truth. I believe that many that ask the questions you do, with the grace you use while doing so (as you try not to offend), are not truly died-in-the-wool non-believers. I could be wrong as I'm certainly no psychiatrist but that is what it appears to me.

So.......ask the questions that trouble you. Perhaps that is the Holy Spirit leading you where He wants you to be and if it is He will provide the answers. There are those that easily follow and there are others that need to be shown. As long as the path ends with God both are welcome and loved.

.............Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Your "On the Other Hand" post of Body, Soul and Spirit is really well thought out and I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you.........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You might be right,lol.

There are many times i've had heated arguments with people about faith,but i always try not to offend.If i do,its usually because i've lost the debate,lol.But i always apologize.

I seek truth and i seek knowledge.I was raised to not take anything at face value or in blind faith,so its kinda built in that i will always question.But i think thats one thing that keeps mankind going.We may find the "truth" but we will never know all.For if we know everything we have no need for questions,and the mind goes to waste!

I love to study peoples faiths,and what i have found that the oldest "god" is female,worshiped as Mother Earth/the Mother of All.you have to admit,when you think of life,birth,nurturing etc you think of a female.But is this belief right? No!
I think the God that exists within the religions who see only one heavenly being comes from men who see themselves as worthier/stronger than women.They create a God in their image,they make their feelings,ideas and prejudices dominant and call it "scripture." Is this belief right? No!

I believe in duality.I believe in a God(s) that are both male and female,yin and yang.Both are equal,and one cannot exist without the other.In Christianty the creation of Eve from Adam has made women seem "lower" than men,less worthy.But as this quote from the Hindu myth of creation shows;women are created equal....

""" In the stillness that was left, Brahma had only one thing more to do. The world needed a master, someone to enjoy it and take care of it, so that it would last forever, as Lord Vishnu had
commanded. Brahma sat quiet, and thought. After a long time his thoughts took shape. First, a
wisp of shadow in the white air ... a glowing, shimmering cloud that grew thicker and denser,
solidifying into a living, breathing shape. A new being, made from the thought of Brahma, in the form of god. Brahma looked at him in delight: surely this creature, made in god's image, would take charge of the world and keep it forever as Lord Vishnu wished.
But the creature did not move. Its eyes were shut, un­heeding the new world around it. Because it was made of the thoughts of Brahma, all it wanted was to sit thinking deeply about god.
Brahma saw that his creature was too simple, too flawless to look after the world. If he was to create a being to carry out Lord Vishnu's will, he would need another power. Thought was not enough: he would need to use action too. Not only his mind, but his whole body, his whole self, would be required if the new creature was to open his eyes to the world, be happy and fulfilled by creation as well as the creator.
There was only one certain way. Filled with contentment that he was carrying out Lord Vishnu'sorders, Brahma divided his own body in two. One moment there was one, the next there were two: equal, unblemished, whole, the image of one another. Out of one, Brahma shaped man; out of the other, woman. The man was called Manu, wise; the woman Shatarupa, mysterious.
Manu and Shatarupa, created out of Brahma himself, looked into each other's hearts. They smiled. Gently, they touched hands. Then they walked out together into the world Brahma had given them; their charge, their responsi­bility, the joy and the duty laid on them by Lord Vishnu at the start of time.
Manu, Shatarupa ... the first people ... the ancestors of the whole human race."""

I have more of affinity with Hinduism and Buddhism then Christianity.And i question those faiths just as much! lol.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh,and i don't mean i find affinity in faiths such as Hinduism because of the creation myth.I was just using that as an example of duality.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I was looking through the Gospel of Thomas and came across this comment....

15) Jesus said, "When you see one who was not born of woman,
prostrate yourselves on your faces and worship him. That one is
your Father."

Jesus was born of woman!
Its not surprising that the Gospel of Thomas was banned by the church!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

I seek truth and i seek knowledge.I was raised to not take anything at face value or in blind faith,so its kinda built in that i will always question.But i think thats one thing that keeps mankind going.We may find the "truth" but we will never know all.For if we know everything we have no need for questions,and the mind goes to waste!

That's very profound Jakyll and I agree. I do however believe there is a point reached where you KNOW a belief is right. You may gain more knowedge about it but the core belief is truth. As with the Bible, once some of the truths, the mysteries, are known it opens up so much more. I don't believe anyone can ever fully know, at least until we're with God, but it does allow us to know what is not true.

I love to study peoples faiths,and what i have found that the oldest "god" is female,worshiped as Mother Earth/the Mother of All.you have to admit,when you think of life,birth,nurturing etc you think of a female.But is this belief right? No!
I think the God that exists within the religions who see only one heavenly being comes from men who see themselves as worthier/stronger than women.They create a God in their image,they make their feelings,ideas and prejudices dominant and call it "scripture." Is this belief right? No!

God is what He is. The wording in Gen. 1:27 is very interesting in that respect. ...created He him; male and female created He them. Note also where God took from man and made woman. Was the rib mistranslated and is actually DNA? I think so. So...were all of our souls both male and female before? We'll see.

I believe in duality.I believe in a God(s) that are both male and female,yin and yang.Both are equal,and one cannot exist without the other.In Christianty the creation of Eve from Adam has made women seem "lower" than men,less worthy.But as this quote from the Hindu myth of creation shows;women are created equal....

I agree that both are equal. What one lacks the other can fulfill - they become one whole. I disagree that "women seem lower than men". We just have different roles, different jobs to perform in this life.

The Brahma story was lovely. It seems another version of the creation of Adam and Eve, the first Adamic people, but not the ancestors of the whole human race. There the story took a different turn.

I have more of affinity with Hinduism and Buddhism then Christianity.And i question those faiths just as much! lol.

Continue to search Jakyll. I pray you will find your heart turned to Christ. He is the Son, the light, the way.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29.Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30.For My yoke is easy, and My burden is Light."

Matthew 30:30 He that is not with Me is against Me; and he that gathereth not with Me scattereth abroad.

...........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The holy scriptures of Buddhism and Hinduism do seem to have a beauty the bible lacks,i'm sure you would enjoy reading some of them.

I could never believe in your God,or any god for that matter,that allows billions to suffer just because of the transgression of one.
It would be a bit like saying,its ok to kill every German because Hitler was a genocidal nutter!!

[edit on 15-9-2007 by jakyll]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join