It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? Strange cousin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I didn't experience this first hand, it was my mom telling me a story a while back about it but here's what she said.

She said one day she was going for a walk with my aunt and her 3 daughters. One daughter in particular seems to have weird energy around her all the time (like weird stuff happens)

They were walking down the street and every time becca walked under a street light, it went out. As soon as she walked away, it came back on. She wasn't touching it or anything, just walking past, and it was repeatable. She could walk under the light and it would go out, walk away it would come back on then walk back under it again and it would shut off.

My aunt has told me that becca has always sorta had weird energy around her like sometimes stuff will move for no reason (nobody is touching it) or lights will go out or sometimes even break because becca is there. But it's not something that happens all the time, but still fairly frequently. She's not controlling the energy, either, this stuff sorta just happens.

How do you explain this or what kind of energy do you think this is.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think she's what's called a SLIDER or SLIDe. Street Light Interference is the name for it. You can look it up.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow that pretty much describes what I said perfectly! Thanks.

although, I've heard stories of other weird stuff going on around her too but I can't remember what, so I have a feeling she's got somethin else going on with her too.

These kinds of things amaze me. It makes me think that our species has so much more potential!!

[edit on 3-9-2007 by naossoan]

[edit on 3-9-2007 by naossoan]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah they are called sliders.

This happens to me all the time and not just with street lights, it happens wherever there are lights, when i used to practice telekinisis bulbs started blowing out around me and when i was stressed i used to affect computers, they used to always mess up even though my computer hardly ever messes up its pretty stable, also my mobile used to get affected when i was stressed also.

The brain uses electricity so im not surprised these type of things happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
**Double Post**

[edit on 3-9-2007 by markjaxson]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yep, I've sat under lights when deep in concentration and I've turned them off. I was sat in a group/line of people at the time and needless to say the people sat next to me looked in my direction. I didn't know what to say!

Also I've passed street lamps and they have gone out as already mentioned above. It could merely be coincidence, but there could be other alternative ideas. Energy, static...I really don't know. All I know is, when it happens to you it's very odd to say the least, especially if other people notice it!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by naossoan

These kinds of things amaze me. It makes me think that our species has so much more potential!!

I think so too. Imagine being able to turn things on and off just by thinking of them, then having all the superpowers of an autistic savant, plus a super intellect, then add some more gifts. Humans could be really - superhuman!

[edit on 3-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have had this happen to me. I did not know there was name for it. Good thing it doesn't happen too often or else it'd be dark.

new topics

top topics

join