It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

? Did I just see what I think I saw?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Text

Hi I'm a newbie to posting, I usually just read others post. But today I had to share this because its just crazy!!

So today i'm sitting on my sofa watching tv around 11am, and i see something out the corner of my left eye so I look down towards the floor and I see something zip past my legs so I pulled up my legs like what the heck was that. As I turn my head to the right I see it again but only for a second and then it is gone. Its so hard to put into words, the best way to describe it would be a white light or thing about the size of an adult hand. And it look like it fluttered (almost like a butterfly-but lighting fast). But it wasn't like any light I'd ever seen, it wasn't a flicker from the tv or a window, nothing like that. This was a pure white, an then it disappeared.

If anyone can give me any insight as to what this might of been, that would be great.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
First welcome to ATS and glad you joined up

Sounds like a very interesting event and one i hope someone will be able to give you some idea about,

Is this the first time something odd has happened in that area?

Was there any feel to that room? ie cold warm ..clam or a little on edge, ?

Also a great idea is to keep a log of anything that happens, keep a note book handy,

who knows there may end up being a pattern,

Look forward to seeing how this goes,

[edit on 3-9-2007 by asala]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sounds definitely like corner of the eye corner of the eye phenomenon to me straight away. What is it? Well, look at something red in the room, and you'll be more likely to notice something red out of the corner of your eye, elsewhere in the room. Researchers have known that this "implicit attentional selection" is outside conscious control and that we are unaware of its functioning. Some say that you can see things from the other side better out of the corner of the eye. I'm not into Biology and have never studied it at a high level (degree) for example so I don't know every little trick the eye and the brain have together. Is it possible you saw something 'zip' past your foot from another dimension? I guess so. Is it possible it was a reflection of a car coming into your street? I guess so. Basically it could be a number of things.

I would have said it might have been 'the shadow people,' but then you saw a ball of light, not a dark object. Nor was it human form. Those who are experiencing and studying the shadow people phenomenon say that these entities almost always used to be seen out of the corner of the eye and very briefly. But more and more, people are beginning to see them straight on and for longer periods of time. Some experience's testify that they have even seen eyes, usually red, on these shadow beings.

It could have been Angelic of origins? It could not have been. I guess the incident happened so fast and it's really hard to 'pin down' what it actually could have been, especially for you, as I expect you're really wondering and have many ideas floating around in your head. One of the many reasons you posted here eh?

The explanation we get from skeptics and mainstream science - and who are usually people who have never experienced the corner of the eye phenomenon - is that it is nothing more than the active human imagination. It's our minds playing tricks on us... our eyes seeing things in a fraction of a second that aren't really there - illusions... real shadows/lights caused by passing auto headlights, or some similar explanation. And without a doubt, these explanations probably can account for some if not many experiences. The human eye and mind are easily fooled. But can they account for all cases?

It could simply be a ball of energy. Energy is all around us, in many shapes and forms. Everything on Earth consists of energy and you might have just seen a ball of energy fly past you aimlessly? I've seen things in the corner of my eye - black and white balls like you have said and I've even seen them 'zip' past cloths and rustle them so the cloth has moved! And no, it was a very, very, very calm day indoors. What are these things? Sorry I can't give you the 100%, million dollar answer for your million dollar question.

Hope I gave you some interesting thoughts though. Post away about anything else you can remember!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the input. I can say what caught my attention was that I saw something out the corner of my eye, and then turned my head and thats when I saw it. I tried to follow it but it was too fast, it was flying. This might sound bizarre but it was as if it knew it was seen and was trying to get away.

The feeling in the room was calm regular room temp. I did not feel fear when i saw this either, i was just shocked because I saw it. If I had to guess I think it was an angel (because it was the purest light/thing I ever saw)

The one thing I wish i could put into words would be the weither or not it was solid. Cause i'm not sure, it was pure white, but luminous. Bright, but it appeared solid in color (not completely see through) but then it disappeared.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Can I add that it might have been an orb. Going back to my ball of energy idea I guess. I can't believe I didn't bring that up originally.

Orb Description

The term orb is the popular name given to typically circular anomalies appearing in photographs. In photography and video, orbs appear to be balls, diamonds, or smears of light with an apparent size in the image ranging from a golfball to a basketball. Orbs sometimes appear to be in motion, leaving a trail behind them.

Spirit orbs are sometimes claimed to exist more densely around certain haunted regions, or to be the spirits of departed loved ones. These types of orbs are sometimes claimed by paranormal enthusiasts to have faces, sometimes with discernible expressions and sometimes of recognizable persons

Ghosts make their presence known in a variety of ways. (If you believe.) The primary concern appears to be the amount of ENERGY the ghost has to work with. The presence of a ghost with a relatively HIGH amount of energy available to it can be quite obvious. Whereas a "low energy" ghost can produce only very subtle and often quite subjective indications of its existence, I.e the ball of light that you saw perhaps?

A simple "feeling" on the part of the observer that a ghost may be present, the seeing of "movement and "things" "out of the corner of one's eye",. the hearing of "voices" by a single observer and "cold feeling" areas not regesterable on thermometers.

Manifestations may be of some interest if the possibility of self deception or auto suggestion on the part of the observer can be ruled out, but unless other effects are observed they are usually not worth the effort to study unfortunately.

Paranormal orbs have been seen with the eye and spoken about through eye-witness writings 'whoreallyknows.' You might have witnessed that very same thing.

How do you deal with it?

This is a difficult question to answer, but I would suggest that you first sit down and evaluate what you have just experienced. If it can be explained logically then you probably don't need to go any further than that, but if it isn't explicable you may want to write these events down in a journal, as already mentioned. It probably/most likely won't happen again, but you never know. Then you can take deeper steps to find out truths.

new topics

top topics

join