It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Nasty Are McDonalds Fries?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
OK - now for everybody that likes to go to McDonalds to eat and really likes their french fries; oops, I mean FREEDOM fries; here is a short video, which you just HAVE to see. Disgusting, but SCARY! And do not eat anything, while watching. Especially not a McDonalds sandwich.

Bon Appetite!

[edit on 3/9/07 by Souljah]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

It just doesn't bother me, they taste good.

The acids in our stomach is what does the work anyway, this experiment is crap.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
They must be using a dangerous amount of preservatives on those fries... I for one don't think thats right and I wont be eating their fries ever again, seriously.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I haven't watched the video, I don't like the fries anyway. In Scotland we call them chips and the best chips are big and chunky and made from freshly peeled potatoes, usually grown locally, and at their best fried in dripping. Yummy. It's like the difference between solid gold and tin-plate.Macdonalds burgers taste like car wash sponges dipped in something yuk. Not that I've ever tasted a car wash sponge dipped in something yuk, but when I tasted a burger from a happy meal I knew that's exactly what it resembled.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Lol that's sick, makes me wonder about them fast microwave burgers you can buy from the shops, I think their called Rustler burgers, now them are completely wrong, they remind me of the rubber food we used to have in school, you know the stuff you play with.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Your Tummy is saying:

THANK YOU!

I bet those fries would survive a nuclear blast and remain the same.

I shall stick with freshly grown potatoes and peel'n'cut them myself.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ok, i gave in and watched the film. That's disgusting. What I find harder to deal with is all the kids saying Macdonalds are great. It's even influenced my 6yr old daughter. We took her to buy a happy meal the other day after months of raving about them. She's only been there twice in her life.
While I ate my chips from a local chippy, she tucked into her burger and I could tell by the look on her face it was horrid, but she denied it. Why? Because her friends talk about them all the time and she liked the box and the free toy. She left the burger after one bite and nibbled at the fries but still said she wants to go back. I'll wait another couple of years before giving her that treat again.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Forget the Secret sauce, the secret ingredient at MacDonalds is FAT. I can't even drink their shakes without getting a stomach ache. They had a Reuban sandwich last year, grams of fat? 23. The same sandwich at Mr. Sub? 7.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Honestly, who cares?

The stomach isnt comparable to a glass jar, and the food is digested and out of the body whithin hours, not weeks. The gastric acid is so strong it corrodes pretty much everything we put in there.

Fries aint healthy, thats nothing new, and stop eating them because of a stupid experiment like this is pretty unnecessary, eat varied food, and a bit of fruit everyday, and a meal at mcdonalds once a week wont affect you.

Worry about all the poison you breath in from the heavy traffic in big cities instead of a little meal at mcdonalds.

Mod Edit: Automatic Censors -- Please Review

[edit on 8-9-2007 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't eat at McDonald's. Their food is the worst food I have eaten in my life. It all taste like cardboard. In actuality I have 2 kids, they have only had ice cream there 2ce since my oldest in 8 yrs.

I try to stray away from fast food for I feel that showing my kids why I don't go there and conversing with them on why we don't go there is good, They have a new respect and don't like to go at places like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I don't eat at McDonald's. Their food is the worst food I have eaten in my life. It all taste like cardboard. In actuality I have 2 kids, they have only had ice cream there 2ce since my oldest in 8 yrs.

I try to stray away from fast food for I feel that showing my kids why I don't go there and conversing with them on why we don't go there is good, They have a new respect and don't like to go at places like that.

Totally agree. A star for your comments. I tell my daughter why we don't go there either but it hasn't sunk in yet. It will. She's only ever had two happy meals. Wasted both but still says they're great, with a screwed up face. She'll wake up soon, she's very proud of her home grown spuds too. Maybe I'll do a comparison experiment some time. I'l have to throw in a free toy as well though, to make it fair, lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

OMFG the free toy thing just kills me so much. (and btw i love the avatar.)

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl7772000

OMFG the free toy thing just kills me so much. (and btw i love the avatar.)
Thanks, my kitten just had a flea shampoo so wasn't very happy. I love yours too, is that a hammy? So cute.You've just given me an idea too. I'll do another Macdonalds experiment and put some out for my pets. I'll bet you anything they turn their noses up at it. I'll have to catch it on film of course or no-one would ever believe me.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
DING! Fries are done!
DING! Fries are done!

Umm you are a BAD parent if you dont take those kids and get them that happy meal!! Thats how society likes to build up its model of this company.

Just yesterday I was forced by gun point to go and eat and Micky D's..

And Yes I totally agree with the OP video..

IF you couldnt tell my post was mostly sarcastic.. Becasue its quick, its easy, and most of they have become a part of american culture..
To many people are hooked on this food..

And yes I literally mean hooked, as in if you dont get your fix atleast one time a week, you get a werid feeling, and dont get that Buzz off food like some people do..

I love some fresh cut fries... But Mc nasties fries are just that nasty!!!

I only eat there when I am pressed for time.. And thats like 1 time a week if that... And I prefer other fast food over Mcnasty.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
McDonalds food( any fast food really in your burger fries category) is disgusting. I just did a quick calculation on their site to see how much fat and sodium is in a Big Mac meal. Large fries,Big mac and a medium coke has 56 g of fat, 86% of your recommended daily intake, 95% of your Sat and trans fat intake. It also has 1460mg of Sodium or 62% of your rdi. Thats insane folks.

If you want a real story of brainwashing in our culture, actually around the world, here's a good place to start. This company is the master of manipulation. They have taken a product( I refuse to call it food) that is harmfull to you in many ways and turned it into the leading fast food chain on the planet, with a McD's on every corner. Even if your child hasn't eaten there, they immediately recognize it. There was a study released not so long ago that showed that kids thought that food in Mcdonalds packaging tasted better. Even when it was the same food. Here's the CNN story about the study.

As a chef I don't allow this junk into my house or take my daughter to any of their troughs. If we go out for a treat, we go to a real restaurant that uses ingredients that are fresh, locao if possible. I have a decent relationship with most of the chefs/kitchen managers in my city so I know what goes on in the back of the house and what they use to make my food. No franchises, no fast food. We rarely do this any way. I much prefer to make our food my self. And I get my little one involved so she can understand what it is to make your food, the satisfaction that comes from it and the pleasure of going out to buy your food, taking it home and turning it into a great simple meal to be enjoyed.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by GAOTU789]

KTK

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here in Australia the government is looking into banning the free toy with any fast food. More importantly they are looking into advertisment bans for children.

I have not heard anything about it since it was first raised in the media. After seeing this video i hope they succeed in the changes. Though i wouldnt hold my breath the power this industry has over the world and governments is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Who would keep mcdonalds fries anyway, they just suck when theyre cold

but this is pretty crazy. I wonder if anyone was like..i wonder if they still taste good. its an interesting experiment though.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
mmm the last time i had mcdonalds, we had some fries left over and it there for about a week and those things were hard as hell.

Mod Edit: Automatic Censors -- Please Review

[edit on 8-9-2007 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Before I got wise and decided to work for myself I used to be involved in the upper managment of a competitive chain. From my position I learned many things both good and bad but one thing I remember during a conversation with the company president was how much he admired the mickey d's business model. Not because they were the largest, the fastest or had the best food but because of their marketing. The company phiosophy was entice them when the are young with clowns and toys and you will have them for life. If you think about it how many times do you go to mcdonalds just because it's there? It's not that it's there and it certainly isn't because they are fast nor do they have the best food it is because you were programmed to do so since before you could read.

ANother interesting tidbit about mcdonalds is there investment strategy. They are one of the largest landowners in the world, and by the way they just happen to have a restaurant on top of that land.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that McFrys have very little water content, it's all grease.
That in itself would act as a preservative.
The home-cut fries are very thick and the grease they are fried in did not penetrate thoroughly, thus not displacing all it's water content.
I have never seen mold on cooking oil, or lard, or hyrdrogenated vegetable oil.

Just squeeze a McDonalds french fry, it oozes with oily goodness, no water there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join