It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did Mary Get Pregnant ? (How Was Jesus Concieved)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but how did God impregnate Mary. I don't claim to have vast scientific knowledge but what I do know is you need sperm and an egg for a baby to be concieved.

If god didn't impregante Mary with his sperm how could she have got pregnant. She must have a completely different reproductive system to other humans to be able to have a baby without having the need for sperm.

Or is Jesus 100% divine doesn't carry any of Marys DNA ?. If thats the case why wouldn't Jesus just be immortal and live forever like his father (God). That way he could teach forever and there would be undeniable proof of Gods existence. If God did really create his son in the way the Bible describes I think it was pretty dumb way of doing it and he never really thought it through

Thanks for reading,
Marcus

[edit on 3-9-2007 by mug2k]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i have thought about this alot and still havent come up with a good explaination.

i also read that jesus had a twin called thomas so this gives even more questions.
if they were identical then they should have had equal powers really and if not then pardon the expession god must be like a double barrol shot gun and if not who knows all i know is it stinks to high heaven the theory that god impregnated mary with jesus

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
that qestion alone is what makes that religion (and all that claim the same) seem so rediculious!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mug2k

This is one leading question!
What makes you think Jesus & Mary existed - or god for that matter? Even if they did exist - what makes you think Jesus was a product of immaculate conception? Just because the Bible say's so? This is the kind of question that needs to be on a 'christian' forum somewhere really. What has this to do with 'Conspiracies In Religion' exactly?

J.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don't care to get involved with a religious debate with *SNIP* and *SNIP*.

A person needs to read the bible in the language it was written in. Not a translated version paid for by a King with a preference for a certain religion.

Mary was descibed as "almah" in Hebrew. This word has two meanings. one is "a virgin", the other is "a young woman". Which translation sounds better to a more modern audience, given the historical time the translation was made.

This is were there are tremendous differences between Muslims and Catholics.

--------------------------------
Mod edit - snipped insults to members

Please read;

Courtesy is mandatory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hi

Sorry if the question is in the wrong forum as I thought this was the best fit. I'm NOT religious in the slightest and only thought of this topic today and just wanted to hear what any christians thoughts on the question.

edit: thanks to whoever moved this post, I never even knew BTS existed

[edit on 3-9-2007 by mug2k]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
According to superstition God is omnipotent so he can do anything, however It's much more likely that mary is a fictional character .

join