It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about relation to John Hinckley and Chapman Jr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I kind of put two and two together, but I was wondering if someone knows something about the characteristical similarities between the hitmen hired to kill Bobby Kenned, John Lennon, and Ronald Reagan; primarily Lennon and Reagan. From what I've compiled, both were reading Catcher in the Rye and both had the same suffix, Jr. I also read that they were reading Catcher in the Rye, fired and then holstered their weapons. Any crazy guy off the street would be so scared that they wouldnt have the control to holster their weapon after attacking someone of Lennon's or Reagan's caliber.....I might be totally wrong, but I'm curious.....anyone got advice or clues.....greatly appreciated.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First off, this thread isn't about Katrina, so it may get moved. But i will post a reply anyway.

There are a lot of things that seem to be "in common" with many later day shooters. A great deal of it is thought to be caused by the external world influencing people.

But on a broader note, it is odd that so many random killers, with only vague motives have surfaced in the last four or five decades. Yes, we've always had killers, but there seems to be a difference in their motives and thought processing since the 50's.

I don't claim to have an answer, but it is one of those tickles at the back of my mind. I've heard all the stories of mind control and such, but frankly, I don't put much faith in them. Yet, it's like humans have caught some viral infection that causes them to kill with less reason than in the past.

Mothers drown their children or throw them out the second story window. Fathers shoot everyone in the home and then themselves. Strangers murder strangers for no gain. Stalkers and sexual perverts are almost an epidemic.

It almost makes you wonder if there's something in the water. Or the very air we breath. Something that makes the nice kid down the block lose his grip and kill his best friends little brother for no reason except to see what it feels like to take a life.

Maybe it is all just the pressure of life in these new times, but somehow, on a gut level, it feels more than that. But it's strange that the killer of Bobby Kennedy has sworn for all these years, and the shrinks don't think he's being deceptive, that he doesn't remember why he wanted to kill Kennedy.

It makes one remember that old movie, The Manchurian Candidate.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Thanks....u noe thats very true about so many killers surfacing within the past 50 years or so.....who knows maybe there is a motive. The problem I have with alot of these conspiracy theories, even tho i am a major conspiracy theorist, is sometimes ppl get really paranoid you know; I take everything with a grain of salt.

join