It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lenard Walson: Biggest discovery ever?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A couple of points here..... people should stop calling this guy, who doesn't even post on ATS 'selfish' for setting up a situation for himself, find out how to create this telescope yrself and stop blaming others.... this diverts from people posting honest, thoughtful and provoking information. I think I scrolled through two pages of people calling him "selfish" just for having the tek!?

Insane, some of you people are so middle-American hick, it's sickening.... I imagine the govt monitors these forums to see how people could react if there was full disclosure and this is one reason probably why they don't -- mass anger and panic.

+++

I don't know if there will be disclosure or not, but I do believe in life beyond, just check Frank Drake equation (Green Banks equation). Since we exist, there's a theory that other life prob exists as well. I think it's like 10k communicating civilizations could be out there.

J Lear is right in a past posting about the culture of war, it's like entertainment to people, children, teens even adults buying killing video games, prob another reason our planet hasn't spiritually advanced....

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yes, I seem to think these objects are real.

I emailed Jose and asked him about the apparatus of this device so I can try it myself. Jose emailed me back and said the apparatus was currently being submitted for a patent by the United States PTO.

He said that this information will be revealed in the next movie "Interstellar II" He also mentions in the email that it's in the editing room now and they have even more footages of more starships than before.

cool stuff, I was surprised he said this much to me in an email.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
[quote
Say this guy did find a new technique for filming objects in space/deep space.
Why shouldn’t he have the right to make money from it. If this is for real he must have put in a lot of work and effort to get this thing going.

I think he has every right to make money from it and I am sure many people in his situation would too.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by eddiemaiden_80]
Well if he came out with it would make him appear to be more of a credible person. Then hell, he could get a book deal instead of this chump change he is making now. If you ask me this is all he has got. Else, he would be milking a bigger cow which he cant cause this is as big as he can make this cow.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
arktkchr: You've missed the point too, infact you're a couple of miles off.

I'm happy for him if he makes alot of cash for his discovery like anyone should, but it seems that the point i'm trying to make will never be understood by some.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by arktkchr
Insane, some of you people are so middle-American hick, it's sickening.... I imagine the govt monitors these forums to see how people could react if there was full disclosure and this is one reason probably why they don't -- mass anger and panic.

Ha, those pesky middle American hicks sure have some common sense, lol. Yeah, the government monitors these forums, lol. To learn about reptiles, how aliens mate, and the hundreds of other foolish topics around here. And you say we're insane, lol?

I don't know if there will be disclosure or not, but I do believe in life beyond, just check Frank Drake equation (Green Banks equation). Since we exist, there's a theory that other life prob exists as well. I think it's like 10k communicating civilizations could be out there.

I agree, as would anyone with common sense.

Originally posted by theinfamousone

He said that this information will be revealed in the next movie "Interstellar II" He also mentions in the email that it's in the editing room now and they have even more footages of more starships than before.

HA. HA, LOL. How convenient for him. Let's not worry about verification, let's hold onto the best stuff for "chapter 2", lol. Starships" He must have much better evidence and pictures than what he is showing in this video.

People, stop giving FOOLS like this your money and attention. There is NOTHING here. They are nothing but snake oil salesmen. Go ahead, give them you money because you want to believe, the rest of us with a modicum of common sense will wait until their OUTLANDISH claims can be verified IN THE LEAST before jumping on board with you.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just thought this might have some relevance here.
"Lucky" camera takes clearest pictures of space (from the ground!)

BBC Mirror of the story

Coincidence? No idea...just food for thought.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Exemplar]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Even if he did tell everybody about this recording technique he's developed, it wouldn't make any difference. Yes people would replicate it, see these objects and the explanation you would get from the authorities would be the same clap trap they've been making up for decades to deceive the public, and most of the populace would believe what their Governments Are telling them. And then the people would go back to what they we're doing, without a second thought.

[edit on 4uTuesday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Even if he did tell everybody about this recording technique he's developed, it wouldn't make any difference. Yes people would replicate it, see these objects and the explanation you would get from the authorities would be the same clap trap they've been making up for decades to deceive the public, and most of the populace would believe what their Governments Are telling them. And then the people would go back to what they we're doing, without a second thought.

[edit on 4uTuesday07/27/20 by paul76]

Since when did 2007 rate as the time most of the populace believes everything the government tells them? Quote the opposite. Besides, too many people would be checking this data out to have a one liner from the government write it off as space dust or whatever you think they would say (does the government even have any paid astronomers that ignorant to give such an analysis only to ridiculed by the thousands of scientists that would prove him/her wrong if any of this utter crap was verified?)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I wouldn't put it past the Governments to make up an absurd theory regarding the footage, they've done it in the past and got away with it to very high degree. LOl your are correct, nobody should trust or believe what our administrations are saying at present, but yet again, they get away with it, It just simply comes down to the fact that the larger populace can't be bothered or aren't interested due to the rigors of normal life.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is like spotting sheep in clouds.

But instead of clouds its space dust. Nevertheless nice stuff.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So this guy makes some technological leap, permitting an enormous advancement in some particular field, and his revenue generation depends on a very small portion of the general population?

It never occurs to him to license the technique, protect it with a patent maybe?

Point it at the moon maybe? Mars? Something that serves as a control, that we can compare with known results?

Nah, of course not. The spirit of P. T. Barnum lives on.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
After reading this thread I figure I'd ask a couple questions that most people have, in other words a summary of unanswered questions. I think these need to be answered before this video/images are even close to credible:

1. All are pretty blurry. Is it that you cannot focus that far, or are you deliberately keeping the objects not focused.

2. What is the exact set-up of the telescope and CCD camera? Can you track these objects in real time video?

3. Are there any people who can corraberate your claims? Witnesses who where there while you shot the video/images?

4. Have you gone to the media with this information? More than a youtube positing?

5. Aside from making money on an upcoming movie, what is your motivation for letting people know this information? Why should we care? If it's so important that we know, why haven't the other questions been answered?

I really think these questions need to be answered before I can take this video/images seriously. You know, back in the early 90's we didn't have advanced CGI. Now, having CGI technology makes it 100000000 times harder to believe anything you see unless you actually see it yourself. I've watched many of the youtube posts and although they are entertaining, you never really know what is real or not without the witnesses and the data to back things up. And that data has to be verified through independent sources, not governmental agencies (you can't trust them).

For example if 5 people on here all agreed on supposed ufo data, I would be much more apt to believing it that say something that was verified by NASA. All in all, I do believe we are being visited...that's a given, but there are times when I just need a little more before I can accept what I am seeing.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WASTYT

This thing filmed in Israel immediately came to mind when I saw the pics and vids in this thread...

www.youtube.com...

Wow! I was thinking about this footage just yesterday, and had no idea where to begin to find it again. Thanks for posting it. Very compelling. One of the best out there. Easily.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

The first question you should ask is, "What do I know about one John Lenard Walson?" Do you even know the subject of his footage? No one seems to know what it is that Walson has. What we do know is that he has something. He has a filming/photography technique that he has yet to share with those interested in knowing. He has footage of something. Something that many of us are not in a position to fully vet. Yet you have taken it to the level of worldwide human importance. It is you who do not understand charity. Walson has already publicly made available many, many, photographs of his work, and he has not charged admission to see them!

You speak of charity but you fail to recognize it. You have berated Walson because of your own selfish desires. You are the one who has created a standard that he must rise to the level of. You are not exactly coming across in the benevolent vein that you wish you were.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
So this guy makes some technological leap, permitting an enormous advancement in some particular field, and his revenue generation depends on a very small portion of the general population?

It never occurs to him to license the technique, protect it with a patent maybe?

Point it at the moon maybe? Mars? Something that serves as a control, that we can compare with known results?

Nah, of course not. The spirit of P. T. Barnum lives on.

He has pointed it at the moon and has images of strange root like structures extending into space. Also, he is in the process of obtaining a patent for his technique.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exemplar
Just thought this might have some relevance here.
"Lucky" camera takes clearest pictures of space (from the ground!)

BBC Mirror of the story

Coincidence? No idea...just food for thought.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Exemplar]

Hi Ex,

I am afraid this just doesn't compare, they are talking about a professional observatory here, a 200 inch reflector is massive and you certainly could not pop into a shop and buy one.

Regarding these images I have an inkling they are possible, I looked up to the sky last night using just a pair if 10x50 binoculars I was looking at what I thought were stars only they had a more yellow tint to them and they seemed to refract light more.

I have just recently bought a Dobsonian 16" telescope and hope to get a better look tonight, I believe the only way to prove these things to yourself is to do it yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Have youhad much experience with a Dobsonian?
Just setting it up corretly is an art in itself

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonine
amazing photo and video indeed. The only thing that strikes me as odd is he never really tells you how he's getting these images. A very vague description at best, correct me if im wrong.

heh you know if it is true it makes me feel like earth is and intergalactic truman show

Lets say that maybe his device is for real. I could see him hiding it until he gets a paton on it(which can be a lengthy and expensive ordeal) before he reveals it so no one else can steal it and make money off of it.

If I invented something that could potentially be bought for a lot of money, I wouldn't show anyone either.

Edited to add: I just saw the InfamousOnes post about him getting a paton.

Also, why do people think that if someone makes a great discovery, it isn't valid unless they do it for free?
Surgeons don't work for free.
Teachers don't work for free.
Police don't work for free.
Fireman don't work for free.
Yet, it doesn't make their crafts any less influential, and it doesn't mean they don't care about what they are doing. Because they still have to pay the bills. They are just getting paid to do what they love. Quite frankly, if a teacher is great at what they are doing, I want them to get paid well so they keep coming back.
I don't know too many scientists who work for free. I would want to make money off of it. My bills are coming in whether I do charity work or not.
And you don't know how much of his own money was spent in the process.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Only aquired the scope in the last few days and had to do a lot of homework to get to this point, it is supposedly laser collimated at the factory but just useing the Mk 1 eyeball I coud see it was out.

I have collimated it better with just a peephole mask centerd in the focuser and am awaiting delivery of a laser collimator so it will have to do until then.

I am trying to track down a equatorial mount that will work with this Dob but have not had a reply from my email as yet.

CCD is not a problem but I have not odered it yet.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
While I do agree that if there is intellgent life out there there has to be some kind of infrastructure more advance in space that would dwarf ours (ISS and satellites) this one leaves so much room for interpretation that unless it can be validated I take with the highest skepticism possible.

Those can be interpreted differently by different people, and only proves that anything is in the eye of the beholder.

Question regarding the why this apparatus has not being presented for public scrutiny and the motives of why this has been put out as PPV are legitimate IMO.

Like who contacted who? If Mr. Escamills contacted Mr. Walson, then he should know better as how the best way of releasing this material should be, and I don't think a PPV would be the right way to go.

If Mr. Walson contacted Mr. Escamilla, then I would like to know more about Mr. Walson, I read he was an amateur astronomer, then why not show he's discovery to his peers? Why not go to a "credible" scientific source to validate his discovery or at least a credible news agency?

This are all legitimate question that deserve answer before we jump on the ship of what is being presented as alien made crafts or the like. Especially if they trying to get me to pay for there discovery, any other way is like ordering a movie from your cable company, entertaining but nothing else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join