It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lenard Walson: Biggest discovery ever?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eddiemaiden_80

Actually no you are completely wrong. Why shouldn't he? Only because it would mean the greatest and most important discovery of ALL TIME! I don't remember Einstein setting up a website about his "Mega cool new discovery" and to find out, you'll have to pay a fee. If he really has found something and he is holding it back because of his own disgusting greed, that could literally change the entire world, then he is pure scum and is just as bad as those who know the secrets but refuse to divulge. Actually, he's alot worse than those people.

Fair enough if he has to fund a major disclosure project but I seriously doubt it and is more than happy to tease us with this until the sales start to die down.

If i had discovered something like this i'd try my best to get sponsorship from somewhere that belived my story, get the information out worldwide and be happy in the knowledge that I blew the lid on it all. Selfish, greedy b*****d - I wish someone with interest in the progression of humanity made this discovery.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gonquin
I watched this movie and found it massivley frustrating, I was hoping for an in depth documentary of how the footage was recorded, the one and only reason to hold back this information is to make more money .... If this guy has really discoverd something big then why is he not sharing it ? the footage if real is amazing but the whole thing stinks.....

Indeed, it is very beautiful and I am tempted to recreate a contraption like his if I would know how, BUT then i think, "What about all the other astronomers and amateurs around, this is going on and nobody sees that", even the pro's I know that are around and would surely blow the whistle on this. Believe me, there are a lot of pro's around that would tlak about this if they could create such footage. I cannot believe that the whole scientific community is kept quiet. I know a couple of them (non-astronomers), and they sure would talk.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I send Mr. Excamilla this mail. Maybe we should do this all.

Dear Mr. Escamilla,

Your footage is very interesting and could be very important for us all.
Of course to be sure of the content of the footage people would have to repeat your experimental filming.
To do that people would have to know how you were able to acquire such footage.

As long nobody can repeat your method of filming your footage scientifically means nothing. To proof it is real footage of real objects around us, other credible people would have to able to do the same, don't you think?

My question is in short: "Are you willing to share your method of filming with the public?"

This could be the most important discovery to disclose are current cosmic position as human beings. But only if we are able to repeat your method. On itself it means nothing, I am sorry to say.

Kind regards,

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I am suspicious of the illusive technique claimed and imagery shown. My observation is people see what they want to see and fall all over something new thought up from an imaginative mind.

Sensationalism of mans instrumentality on a grand scale. The entertainment value is priceless.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Isn't it common knowledge that there's a 'culture of secrecy among observatory astronomers all over the world?

Yes... I remember reading an interview to Jacques Valee, a french astronomer by profession that turned to be one of the best ufologists we ever had, mentioned this. In fact, he said that they were able to tape some very strange things in a french astronomic observatory one night, and the tapes were destroyed the same day. The reason? No respectable astronomer/scientist wanted to go public with the tapes just to be ridiculed by their collegues or the whole media.

Unfortunately, Vallee does not participate anymore in the ufology field. Apparently, he left with a bitter taste after ufology polarized so much into the abduction/regression phenomena. Man, I miss him so.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Look all I am saying is he came upon an idea which he must have tweaked for quite a while until he started to produce what is frankly (if real) very interesting pics.

Now if he’s able to make a little bit of money from the idea, i.e. patenting his idea then good for him. What’s wrong with that, he wont be upholding any information over the pics ect.

If he charges people access to his pictures then he’s a tight wad yes but I wouldn’t worry over that too much seen as you will be able to download them from else where.

If this guy is for real and the pics are genuine then he’s in the position to make a lot of money and go down into the history books.

As long as he makes the right decision then he’s in a very profitable position without making himself look like a money driven maniac.

He will be reaping his rewards; cash will naturally be one of them.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

For instance, I'm short sighted, without my glasses on what are pinpoints of light to a normal eye appear to me as being veined structured orbs. Is this not a similar phenomena?

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Out of focus lights can create all manner of seemingly unusual patterns. Put a camera at the end of a telescope, and you're dealing with many lenses - each of which can potentially distort the image.

To demonstrate my point, here are some out of focus pictures of Venus, these were taken with my camcorder, no additional lenses were used...

1) Although out of focus, it's not noticeable because the light is far away.
2) Still out of focus. Zoomed in slightly. Notice the rings that are created.
3) Still out of focus. Zoomed in slightly further. A flat side that is created.

Look at image #3, Venus has multiple rings and has a flat edge - it looks like some sort of spaceship... and that's all down to the camera.

Biggest discovery ever? Nope. Definitely not.

On the other hand, I remain open minded. The images put forward in that documentary may indeed show something unexplainable, but you must be aware of the illusions that can be created with a lense.

[edit: resized image]
Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 4-9-2007 by JH80]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

I think it would be a great idea for John Lenard Walson to make publicly available his technique so that amateur astronomers and professional astronomers the world over would have a chance of duplicating his work and magnifying his efforts. He's been posting pictures online since at least late last year. And as skeptical as I am, something about his footage rings true. I'm not even going to bother trying to defend that statement, though I will say that I'm anxiously awaiting further evidence and confirmation of Walson's work.

Anyway, he should definitely make his technique publicly known. If money is an issue, then he should understand that he stands to make much, much, more money through books, appearances, and endorsements than he is making now if he releases his technique to the public to confirm that what he has captured with his own camera and telescope is real and verifiable.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celtibero

Originally posted by Palasheea
Isn't it common knowledge that there's a 'culture of secrecy among observatory astronomers all over the world?
....Jacques Valee, a french astronomer .......said that they were able to tape some very strange things in a french astronomic observatory one night, and the tapes were destroyed the same day.....

Its a stretch to refer to some arcane idea shared only by a tiny subset of the general public as "common knowledge". It is a statistically insignificant item of specialized trivia.

Referring to M. Valee.....His quoted claim is meaningless as support for any position. Its not even a good circular argument....See? The tapes do not exist....it must be true.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
I don't remember Einstein setting up a website about his "Mega cool new discovery" and to find out, you'll have to pay a fee. If he really has found something and he is holding it back because of his own disgusting greed, that could literally change the entire world, then he is pure scum and is just as bad as those who know the secrets but refuse to divulge.

What do you know about literally changing the world? Oppenheimer didn't know until it was too late. And Einstein had the graces of academia to depend on. Lenard Walson's situation is largely unknown. Just how many hours are involved for him to do the work that he does? Do you have the answer to that? Do you go to work every day, or does your parents go to work every day, expecting to get nothing in return? Hardly likely. Unless you're independently wealthy, in which case you would be in a better position than many of us to directly support Walson's work. That would be a whole lot better and worth a whole lot more to humanity than what you've done so far in the comments you've made.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
One thing I will say is in one way he is right, all those stars you think you see aren't really stars.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eddiemaiden_80

The fact of the matter, eddiemaiden, and what dodgygeeza needs to understand, is that Lenard Walson's technique belongs to himself. He owns it and has every right to keep it to himself if that's what he chooses. Every person should respect that. No one knows what Wilson's plans are, and so this campaign to destroy his credibility before he's even had a chance to address the public on his own terms is very damaging to the possibility that he will address the public at some point in the future.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Ugh, are you for real? As you wish, lets get personal.

Maybe you have serious problems with analysing what I just said and the bigger picture? Are you deliberately ignoring the context of my post or just using it as an excuse to attack me and comparing something so huge to something so trivial as a normal everyday job?? I'm really trying to make sense of why you compared me/my parent's job to the discovery of extra-terestrial beings. You have an infuriating way of arguing a point - rather than disputing what I have said you resort to petty mudslinging

Obviously you've never heard of charity or doing something for nothing as your whole world revolves around monetary reward/compensation for your efforts. I feel so sorry for your friends.

This guy might have found something so mind-blowing it could change the world but first, whats in it for him?

What do you know about literally changing the world?

Ok now i have to have a degree in this subject? Oh i guess i'm wrong about that then, yeah, the discovery of Aliens with intelligences far greater than our own will be a passing "thats cool" moment..............................

My point is: you are telling me that you'd cash in on this? You would be far more interested in you and your own compensation than the ramifications (good or bad) for humanity?

Ok, this must be a wind up!

I really hope no one like you finds the cure for cancer.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Common sense should tell you that anything in this crappy video is suspect and might have been taken out of context. If it is based in reality, then he should have released his findings to the public, as what he has done should be verifiable and repeatable by hundreds, if not thousands of people worldwide. Since he has not done that, it is obviously suspect.

You can often judge the credibility and veracity of anything by the actions surrounding it. This one stinks to high heaven. These idiots are taking advantage of all the people that are so eager to believe they will fall for anything.....for money, lol.

If this fool....I mean seriously intelligent, observant individual.....is the keeper of such ENORMOUS knowledge and discovery, he would want it verified by multiple sources. Think about it, if it's money and fame he was after he would get much more of both if it was verified by mainstream astronomers...book deal...history channel expose.....interviews.....documentaries....WAY more than he could make by taking part in some two bit "mokumentary" that is so ridiculous to anybody with half a brain. That alone should tell you something right there.

But lets overlook that and jump to the conclusion that he knows something that nobody else knows, nobody else can VERIFY, and you have to pay for, lol. What an idiot. Those who fall for this type of stuff without using common sense concerning it's surrounding story (as I stated above) are hurting Ufology.

If I discovered something as important as deep space ufo's, free energy, shape shifting reptiles, etc and had a way to VIEW them AND wanted to get money out of it, what makes more sense in the long run? Some stupid mockumentary aimed at people that already believe almost anything blurry they see, or mainstream public that would afford me WAY more opportunity to fame and money.

It's called common sense, people. Use it and half the threads in this section disappear.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gonquin
I watched this movie and found it massivley frustrating, I was hoping for an in depth documentary of how the footage was recorded, the one and only reason to hold back this information is to make more money .... If this guy has really discoverd something big then why is he not sharing it ? the footage if real is amazing but the whole thing stinks.....

excellent-- i just saved myself many minutes in viewing yet more false "proof" of intelligent ET life lurking about our Moon or our solar system. i want proof as much as the next guy, but other people posting have already called into question this guys credentials.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

It's called common sense, people. Use it and half the threads in this section disappear.

If people used common sense, Half the threads on this entire forum would dissapear too, then again, it probably wouldnt be half a much fun reading some of the things posted.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
True for sure, this is the most entertaining board on the net for me, lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If in fact these things are not distortions created by zooming and are in fact real structures in or around our orbit, then I think it behooves us to learn more about these things. What they are, where they are, and why they might be here....

This thing filmed in Israel immediately came to mind when I saw the pics and vids in this thread...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This guy creates a telescope and has some sort of CCD camera attached to it and captures this stuff? My first question would be how did he compensate for atmospheric distortion? Ground based telescopes have had to deal with this problem for many years but in the last 5-10 years they have used computers and software that compensates for these atmospheric distortions. The telescopes sensor uses tiny mirrors that move in order for that compensation.

The Hubble telescope was built to go into space to overcome atmospheric distortion.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WASTYT
If in fact these things are not distortions created by zooming and are in fact real structures in or around our orbit, then I think it behooves us to learn more about these things. What they are, where they are, and why they might be here....
www.youtube.com...

But you are saying the 'If' word. If if if.
Things happen in earth orbit that none of us know anything about, and postulating on something you know nothing about does nothing for the truth.
The shuttle is full of dust that would not be seen on earth. Once in orbit it floats free and becomes noticeable against a black background, just like those magical 'orbs' all started to appear when people got digitial cameras
Then it was realised they were specks of dust, just like most of the things hurtling around outsdie the shuttle and ISS.

[edit on 4/9/07 by Chorlton]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join