It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we ban Dihydrogen Monoxide ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Hi guys,
I was truly stunned by finding out how widespread this Dihydrogen Monoxide is in our country & environment and that no one is doing anything to at least anyhow limit its use. Do you think the government should ban its use once and for all?

www.dhmo.org...

What is Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the unstable radical Hydroxide, the components of which are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol. For more detailed information, including precautions, disposal procedures and storage requirements, refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for Dihydrogen Monoxide.
Should I be concerned about Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Yes, you should be concerned about DHMO! Although the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.
Research conducted by award-winning U.S. scientist Nathan Zohner concluded that roughly 86 percent of the population supports a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. Although his results are preliminary, Zohner believes people need to pay closer attention to the information presented to them regarding Dihydrogen Monoxide. He adds that if more people knew the truth about DHMO then studies like the one he conducted would not be necessary.

[edit: all caps title, clipped quoted content, added source link, quote tags changed to "EX"]
Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed excessive copy/paste]

P.S. If you already know about the true nature of this chemical agent, don't spoil the fun!

[edit on 3-9-2007 by bratok]

Mod Note: Quoting External Sources – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
www.dhmo.org...

Dihydrogen Monoxide FAQ

Way to cut and paste lol!!

Hey,it's like everything else out there. It has it's place and uses.. and abuses of course but what doesn't??

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Sounds tasty. Got a source link please

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyJo
Sounds tasty. Got a source link please
Sure, as AGENT_T already posted, www.dhmo.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bratok
Sure, as AGENT_T already posted, www.dhmo.org...

Thanks, you may not have noticed, I posted in the same minute as him

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Posted about 5 months too late.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I've heard strong rumours of people here stockpiling hydrogen hydroxide on their properties. Surely their intentions are of a sinister nature

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ack I got shelves full of this stuff in 2 liters stored away in the garage.. I'm screwed...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Let's not forget that it was sprayed on black people in the sixties.

And it's currently used in the US's leading form of torture

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's also called "the universal solvent" Dangerous stuff!!!! When heated produces a hazardous vapor.
I keep a large supply for "various uses".
I hope in posting this that I don't get on some list somewhere.

Rumor has it that some are exploring it's use as an alternative fuel source, because when you apply some sodium cloride and electricity to it, it splits into two other hazardous vapors.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You forgot to mention DHMO is found in ALL cancerous cells. MRI's are designed to detect RADIATION that is emitted from DHMO and are able to detect TUMORS because TUMORS are higher in DHMO than healthy cells.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was told by a friend of mine who I trust implicitly that ALL (read: 100%) of America's (and probably the world's, but don't hold me to that) water supplies are contaminated with large amounts of this stuff.

Look at the dangers that this substance exposes us to, and think of the amounts of the stuff you could be drinking every day.

He thinks the government are behind it: population control on a HUGE scale.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Did you know that our rivers and reservoirs are teeming with this stuff? And normal tap filters let it pass right through!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This stuff is even in my morning and evening coffee

To think that to much of it can even block Oxygen absorption into the lungs, deadly stuff!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
OMG, I drink too much of it. I have consumed so much of that substance, that now I am addicted to it, and I am going to die because of it!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
OH GOD!!!

I use a little bit of it when I make my TEA!

I am sooooo DEAD!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I admit, I am an addict. I can't even go a day without the stuff. I consume so much of it, that on a hot day it just oozes out of my pores. To further it's effect, I even mix it with whiskey, and the morning after, I might just mix a bit in some tomato juice and vodka.
I am so bad.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Mother nature has managed to deposit a very large volume on my property. When nature helps to pollute, what can a person do? I will state that we have fish that have adjusted to high levels of this substance.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I hope you like starting your car with a crank, or kick starter, because batteries have this substance in them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join