It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UL Space Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I've been an avid reader of ATS for the past few years - but until now haven't created an account.

This post is to try and get some closure on a fairly embarrasing segment of my life - my father.

I haven't been in contact with him for over 10 years now. When I was younger he suffered from manic depression/ bipolar - and he always boasted of his abillity to communicate with extra-terrestrial entities. He said this was something passed down from generation to generation, and would eventually happen to me.

Now I'm not a believer - he has mental issues, case closed.

However - I just Google'd his name, wanted to see what he was up to (he's also a very renowned artist, so thought he may have gotten with the times and created a website.

I was right.

www.planet-b-technology.com...

It sounds massively far fetched to me - but I was hoping there would be someone in this forum who has a scientific background / mind, and could debunk what he's saying. It would help me fine closure.

Sorry if this is wasting people's time, or isn't the right forum.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There isn't anything to debunk really, after reading through the site, I don't see any firm claims on it. None of the diagrams mean anything, theres no explanation as to how any of these technologies work. It's all kind of meaningless. I'd be curious to know though, as his son have you ever seen any of his inventions?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
One thing i did notice was the "grammar" is terrible.

For example.......

Darwins theory in evolution and the believe by mankind in heaven and hell had at least be 'REEXAMINED'

And this bit confused me a little.....

Top gun wanted, male or female only, to run Laxy Corp. as PO.

As apposed to any androgynous folk????

But really, i too would be interested to hear the opinions of any diligent ATSers, may be those with a little knowledge who could make more sense of the info on the site.

AoN

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Appreciate your input to date - in all fairness it re-affirms what I was thinking ... he's somewhat insane, and he's spinning rubbish as an attention seeking pursuit. He was always like that.

I guess, in some subversive way, I was hoping for an expert on here to say "Oh my God, Eureka! This is the find of the century" - immediately vanquishing the embarrasment, which is, my father.

Cheers again for your time

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hi, just came across your post today and thought you might appreciate an update on your Dad. I work in an office dealing with the public on a daily basis and your father is a regular. He is well known to many people and we all know that he is rather 'eccentric', however he is always very pleasant, cheery and often brings gifts. He often comes in to check up on his website and so we have all read it and had a bit of a giggle (especially as the photo is at least 20 years old and it keeps refering to him as street wise). However he also comes in frequently with letters from people who are interested in backing his designs - so I don't know how real they are...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyler80

Tyler80, Perhaps you should not completely discount everything your dad has to say.... Rather than try to debunk everything he says, you should find what his core beliefs are, and question those... As him to prove why he believes them to be true. People that are in a manic phase of Bipolar, tend to accept false or unproven beliefs about certain things, which is indicative of the disease.

A similar thing happened between me and my father (although the issue was religious, not ET)... he was pretty much overboard on the subject, and over the past couple of years of my probing him about "why he believes what he believes"... we have come to some common ground. When a persons belief system becomes scrutinized against facts (or lack thereof), they become more grounded in their thinking.

I just hate to see young men at odds with their fathers about trivial stuff... I miss out on many years of bonding with my dad, and now he dying of cancer. I would highly recommend reaching out to your dad, and talk it out no matter how insane the conversation is. You wont regret it.

new topics

top topics

join