It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I thought about John Lear at the Bay Area UFO Expo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I attended the UFO expo in San Jose last weekend and saw John Lear. I anticipated his lecture more so than any other. Unfortunately I was disappointed with his presentation.

Much of the time Lear was fumbling with equipment trying to get his pictures in focus. In the meantime he didn't give much background on the Moon's inhabitants, past or present, as if it were already common knowledge.

In the Moon images he showed us, he pointed out what he believes to be buildings, equipment, roads and much more. Honestly, I couldn't see anything except shadows. I wanted to see something, anything that would support the claim that US mining operations have been conducted on the Moon since the 1960's.

I do believe it's quite possible. Lear obviously has access to top secret documents and much higher resolution images then the smudges we were shown. And if your thinking maybe It was just me, think again. Everyone I spoke with agreed, we saw nothing conclusive.

Several times during the day the audience was asked if any members from ATS were present. I'm the only one who raised their hand. But I didn't even notice the ATS table and was completely unaware of any ATS beauty contest. Although I did note that there were several scantly clad "enhanced" women strutting through the crowd. Could they have been would- be contestants? Or is the Bay Area UFO Expo evolving into just an other meat market!

By the way, a close friend of mine that works these events every year, set me straight about the gossip regarding Gary Busey. Disoriented and confused yes, but the culprit was new cancer medication, not alcohol.

I've been going to the Bay Area UFO Expo and Conspiracy Con since 2002 and eagerly await these annual events. Nevertheless I always seem to leave more confused than before. Some lectures blatantly contradict others. Many are vague and only tease you so you'll have to buy the speaker's merchandise to find out more. And sadly nobody ever produces the smoking gun" we all hope will finally settle everything. Ultimately, it's up to you to find your own truth.

Even so , gathering with like minded people is empowering and worth every penny of the $120.00 two day general admission.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Originally posted by dollmonster

Much of the time Lear was fumbling with equipment trying to get his pictures in focus.

Thanks for the post dollmonster. I would like to explain the fumbling with the equipment part. Yes I fumbled. The pictures are automatically focused, that wasn't the problem.

The problem was that I need to point out the artifacts that I want people to see and I was using a laser pointer. Being medium red-green color blind its is very difficult to see the little dot so that I can put it on the artifact.

Added to this was the fact that the screen was 15 or 20 feet away to me on either side. The stage was on a platform and in the dark there was no way to step down, stand in front of the screen, find the friggin dot and point it.

So I had to find the dot looking at the screen almost perfectly sideways. I would put the dot on something dark and then try and follow it to the screen. It was pretty much a disaster I admit.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
John, could you maybe touch upon the OP's idea that all he saw were shadows?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sorry but I can't resist -- In my view, it's understandable that the OP couldn't see anything significant in Mr. Lear's photo presentation because afterall, he couldn't even see where the ATS table was at that expo! Jeesh!

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by Zenagain

John, could you maybe touch upon the OP's idea that all he saw were shadows?

Many people see only light and shadows in these photos. My mistake was in assuming that everyhone could see what I was seeing. I did not take the time with each photo to explain what I was seeing and the reason for that is that after looking at these photos for many years it is instantly apparent to me what is there (or more accurately what I seem to think is there). Unfortunately the same is not true for most.

Next time, if there is next time, because I really don't like doing expo's, I will take considerably more time explaining the photos.

I will also take care to position myself with an adequate pointer. One of the problems was that the mike was hard wired to the podium and was only about 6 feet long. The other problem was that there were 2 screens. I am not making excuses because it was definately my fault that I was not sufficiently prepared nor did I take into account how difficult is is to see these photos on a computer screen much less a screen in a room.

I have no complaint with the OP's comments on the presentation.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Got stuck then I got lost after logging myself in after losing my last password
and user name. Hope you appreciate my clumsey effort.

I have to say I did attend but was overcome by emotions having to exit
John's workshop last weekend. It brought back a flood of memories from the summer of 1997. Most of which didn't have anything to do with the moon and more with Mars. I've seen things that even Lear hasn't seen.

Bottomline, images can be altered.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Sorry but I can't resist -- In my view, it's understandable that the OP couldn't see anything significant in Mr. Lear's photo presentation because afterall, he couldn't even see where the ATS table was at that expo! Jeesh!

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Palasheea]

In my defense, I wasn't aware that any ATS representatives were attending the Expo, so I wasn't exactly looking for their table. As a matter of fact, I didn't even go into the vendor room this time. I figured I could buy anything I wanted used on Amazon.com. As soon as I got home, I bought Robert Peals Divine Architect and Devine Blueprint both for only $14.00.

I'm not a he but a she. And I'm certainly not close minded or a bumbling idiot like you insinuated. But you've already formed an opinion and than's fine with me. If I really cared about what people like you thought or said about me, I never would have been able to bare my soul, exposing my vulnerabilities, as I have so often in the more then 300 posts I've written on ATS. I've learned, you can't please everyone, so be true to yourself and don't worry about the rest.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to
Dear Mr Lear, I am mortified that you read my harsh review of your presentation at the UFO Expo. It never crossed my mind that you might read it. Had I known, I would never have been so rude. I truly apologize.
What a good sport you are even thanking me for my post.

I wish I could take back my crude insensitivity. You seem like a nice man and I have only the up most respect for your quest for truth and the sacrifices you and others like you have made to share it with the world.

By the way, you certainly aren't the only lecturer I've seen who's had difficulties with the equipment. Most of them do as a matter of fact. It's kind of an on going joke that two of the highest tech conferences around, always seen to have their equipment malfunction. I certainly didn't blame you personally.

I truly was disappointed that I couldn't see what you were trying to show us on the Moon. I had been bragging to my friends for months that I was going to see you at the Expo and finally see for the irrefutable evidence that people really do live on the Moon.

Are the photos you used at the Expo clearer when they're not blown up so much? Or are they on a subliminal plane that requires complete concentration before the mind can perceives them? You know, like those 3-D posters that have a hidden picture you can only see after 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration? That's actually what I went away thinking after your lecture. I thought maybe, that just like with UFO and other paranormal sightings, that the mind had to acknowledge it's existence before being able to actually see it. I can't tell you how many UFOs and paranormal activities have been in plain sight for me yet invisible to those around me.

So whether the pictures were just blurry because of the equipment, or they require an open focused mind to see them, I still want to experience seeing them for myself one day. In the mean time, remember that the disappointments life deals us, can always be redeemed through the learning experience they evoke.

Sincerely, Dollmonster

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dollmonster

Hi dollmaster.

Have you visited www.thelivingmoon.com.

It is just that you can go over many of the anomalies in your own time which might help.
Sorry if this was an obvious question.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wow, dollmonster, that was nice of you to own up to your rudeness in terms of the 'tone' of your first post here to Mr. Lear -- and yes, he is a very nice person so I humbly apologize to you for my comments about your first post here and let's start off with clean slate OK??

I'm female too.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Being medium red-green color blind its is very difficult to see the little dot so that I can put it on the artifact.

This I did not know.
Was this color blindness a problem when flying?
Would they still give you a pilot's license today with this minor visual glitch?
Would this cause you to see moon pictures and such slightly differently then most folks?

I'm not trying to "debunk" you or anything, Mr. Lear. I'm just curious.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Originally posted by subject x

This I did not know.

Was this color blindness a problem when flying?

Now that I am retired and it doesn't matter here is the truth. It was a gigantic pain in the butt. You need color for depth perception. Early cockpit lighting was red to reduce glare but which made instruments invisible to me. Attitude indicator pointers are orange day-glo to make the pointer stand out which made it invisible to me. Red caution lights don't alert a person who is color blind like they do a person with normal color vision. So a color blind person has to be constantly looking for flashing lights in case they might be red.

The Visual Approach Slope Indicator (VASI) a couple of rows of red and white lights that tell a pilot whether or not he is on the correct glide path were invisible to me further than 2 miles out.

The international dayglo orange panels used for pilot rescue in Southeast Asiqa were invisible to me. Fortunately there was no instance whereI was involved in a pilot rescue. But the panels where used for other missions and this would have caused a problem had I not been always in a 2 pilot aircraft.

The light gun color signals that control towers give in case of radio failure were invisible to me.

Would they still give you a pilot's license today with this minor visual glitch?

No. I managed to obtain a "Statement of Demonstrated Proficiency" at the beginning of my career which means you take a check ride and prove you can operate safely with the deficiency. You only have to take that test once and its good for a lifetime or I would have never made it through my career. I faked it for my entire career. I would not recommend that anybody else try this.

Would this cause you to see moon pictures and such slightly differently then most folks?

Moon photos are mostly black and white. I don't know whether or not deficient color vision affects how you see a black and white photo.

I'm not trying to "debunk" you or anything, Mr. Lear. I'm just curious.

No problem.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Originally posted by dollmonster

Dear Mr Lear, I am mortified that you read my harsh review of your presentation at the UFO Expo. It never crossed my mind that you might read it. Had I known, I would never have been so rude. I truly apologize.
What a good sport you are even thanking me for my post.

Apology accepted! You spoke the truth and it was valuable information for me. Far more valuable I might add that Johnny Anonymous', Dave Rabbits' and Springers' continual fawning.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Now that I am retired and it doesn't matter here is the truth. It was a gigantic pain in the butt.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like it was a pain in the butt!

Moon photos are mostly black and white. I don't know whether or not deficient color vision affects how you see a black and white photo.

Fair enough. This, however, led me to wondering what the infrared moon picture looked like to you? Does it translate to black and white? Or is it "invisible"?

Again, I'm not trying to "catch you out" or anything, and I'm not trying to "divert the thread". Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Originally posted by subject x

Fair enough. This, however, led me to wondering what the infrared moon picture looked like to you? Does it translate to black and white? Or is it "invisible"?

Again, I'm not trying to "catch you out" or anything, and I'm not trying to "divert the thread". Just wondering.

On my computer screen the infrared moon picture looks red to me with oranges clearly defined. I could not tell you all of the shades of red on that photo.

The color Galileo photo of moon looks 'colorful' to me but I could not tell you which colors are which.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Then Mr Lear, In light (!!) of your revelations dont you think that you may have misinterpreted what you have seen? or were you simply going along for the ride with others.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

On my computer screen the infrared moon picture looks red to me with oranges clearly defined. I could not tell you all of the shades of red on that photo.

The color Galileo photo of moon looks 'colorful' to me but I could not tell you which colors are which.

OK, thanks.
Curiosity satisfied.

new topics

top topics

join