It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez vows revenge for Falklands war

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The British government couldn't give a damn about the people living on the Falkland Islands. The only thing they care about is what's underneath.....OIL and lot's of it.
Probably why Chavez and Argentina also want it.

Let the Falklands war II commence. I'll be rooting for Chavez and Argentina, as these days we barely have an army and most of our ships don't even have any guided missile defense systems. We would get slaughtered if war did break out and we would no doubt go crying to the American's to help us out. Or maybe it will be Chavez & Argentina vs the mighty EU army, if Sarkozy get's his way.
Either way, I'll be laughing from the sidelines, while more mugs die for oil.

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.spiegel.de...

Navy destroyers unable to fire their missiles - because they've been removed to save cash

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.portsmouth.co.uk...

[edit on 2-7-2008 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is all spin from the US government. If people would take the time to dig up info and read more deeply they'd know that the US is taunting Chavez into a war because the US wants to invade for oil (sound familiar to anyone?). The US is full of BS. Wouldn't it be a shock to ever pick up a newspaper and read the truth about what the US is doing! Instead, the US makes everyone else (leaders), except our allies, ofcourse, look like they alone are the trouble makers. We Are bigtime trouble makers! We have the special distinction of dropping the first two nuclear bombs in human history, but oh, that was Japan's faulth that we evaporated hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.
Why are we so stupid?! Can't read the writing on the wall, cannot think critically?!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
[Falklands has great importance for the uk, if only you took the trouble to find out before making no brainer replies.
Here endeth the lesson!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
reply to post by West Coast

I think you are under estimating British capabilities. Just check what Chavez has available to fend off the British it is laughable.

Its laughable until someone gets shot. I'm going to assume that your talking about technology i.e bombs, planes, tanks, robots that carry monkeys that shoot poisonous spiders out of hollowed bananas. When has technology won a war. It has contributed. But you cant expect to win a war simply because your tech is superior. In the end it comes down to the little guys which, in turn, are the most important. Besides, bombing a country to win a war does not work... my History professor(who is a Vietnam vet) told me this.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Let's get this straight. A Left-wing Venezuelan politician complains about a war that unseated an Argentinian Fascist junta backed by Washington's finest right-wing businessmen and politicos.
South Americans really aren't fit to govern themselves, are they?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join